Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339965 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by NanaF: 9:03am On Aug 04, 2017
Endlessgrace:
I used stanbic ibtc last week. 1 week timeframe.

Please what was the rate? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:39am On Aug 04, 2017
@Nchabuomo, No need to get all worked up here. And since English isn't too difficult to comprehend, I've attached an highlighted part of the Tier 4 guidance that deals with this. It is quite easy to understand.

Nchabuomo:

It doesn't matter what the rates are! English isn't this hard to comprehend abi you just want to give yourself HBP. If you know the rate on the day you began your count stick to it ( example if the rate was 410....even if it becomes 70000 it's not your business same way if the rates become £1 =N1. They would still use the rate of the day you began your count).

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 9:58am On Aug 04, 2017
mimilyrics:
@Nchabuomo, No need to get all worked up here. And since English isn't too difficult to comprehend, I've attached an highlighted part of the Tier 4 guidance that deals with this. It is quite easy to understand.

Honestly that's the first time I'm seeing it been put that way. Then again from their wordings in this document no need to wait for 28 days.....Just pick a day the rate is low and submit an application. Personally I think its tasking chasing exchange rate unless one is Pablo Escobar cause rate for the past few days has being 418, 450, 460 and 47...something today.
And I haven't seen anyone that has done it this way but that doesn't mean it can't be done this way too neither have I seen people that wait for rates to fall before submitting an application(Forex can't be so easily predicted the rate on Monday was about 398)
I apologize if I came up hard in my previous comment. Good-luck to us all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2017
bennyjiks:

So, I put in a little even more than i was advised. However, the rate surge is quite high (478) and now ive fallen short today. The last it was this high was in May.

The rates as i have monitored for a while doesnt stay up for long, usually fluctuates up and down.. It should come down pretty soon. just keep up with oanda lol.

I think its safer to apply on days when the rates can carry ur money.

Don't bother yourself with exchange rate fluctuation as long as you deposited the correct amount or even more from day one. You can't control it and you can't keep topping up each time it goes up.

Not a single person i know has been refused because of exchange rate fluctuation since the start of this thread 8 yrs ago.

The only case i remembered was the person who deposited less and hoping that exchange rate dropping will benefit him but he was refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ajoke007(f): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2017
Okay. Thanks.
mimilyrics:
No decision mail yet. Only prep for consideration mail for now.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:44am On Aug 04, 2017
Just don't want anyone blaming this thread for misinformation because it's been quite helpful to me since I found it.
There's a need to do the 28 days count (see highlighted part of the attached file to this response). At least if anyone wants to do the 28 day rule+ exchange rate issue any other way, it wouldn't be because they didn't have the appropriate official information. It doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't work for them.

No offense taken at all. God's best to all of us. I'm looking forward to the 'visa received' messages from those of us still awaiting our visas.

Nchabuomo:

Honestly that's the first time I'm seeing it been put that way. Then again from their wordings in this document no need to wait for 28 days.....Just pick a day the rate is low and submit an application. Personally I think its tasking chasing exchange rate unless one is Pablo Escobar cause rate for the past few days has being 418, 450, 460 and 47...something today.
And I haven't seen anyone that has done it this way but that doesn't mean it can't be done this way too neither have I seen people that wait for rates to fall before submitting an application(Forex can't be so easily predicted the rate on Monday was about 398)
I apologize if I came up hard in my previous comment. Good-luck to us all.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 10:48am On Aug 04, 2017
The
justwise:

Don't bother yourself with exchange rate fluctuation as long as you deposited the correct amount or even more from day one. You can't control it and you can't keep topping up each time it goes up.

Not a single person i know has been refused because of exchange rate fluctuation since the start of this thread 8 yrs ago.

The only case i remembered was the person who deposited less and hoping that exchange rate dropping will benefit him but he was refused.

But oga justwise my school has not issued me CAS I will be having my pre cas interview next Tuesday. During the precas statement check they said that the amount in my account meets up with the Ukvi requirements but before they issue me CAS they will have to check again to see if it's still within the range. This new rates have exceeded the amount for my maintenance. I am afraid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dexema(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2017
One way to avoid this whole exchange rate wahala is only if you have some one over there who can pay your CAS fees in pounds or/and can afford to send you the fees in pounds to a domiciliary account here in Naija, this way the funds stays in pounds and won't really have any exchange rate issue.

But the big question is how many people can get such a someone?
Also the funds have to be at least 28 days old or that will mean a sure visa refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2017
CapitalCee:
The

But oga justwise my school has not issued me CAS I will be having my pre cas interview next Tuesday. During the precas statement check they said that the amount in my account meets up with the Ukvi requirements but before they issue me CAS they will have to check again to see if it's still within the range. This new rates have exceeded the amount for my maintenance. I am afraid.

Simply educate your school as many of them are just clueless(i'm sorry to say this), many schools are just covering their backside so as to avoid getting your sponsorship license withdrawn by UKBA.

What your school is doing is not part of visa rules, its just their own rules because unfortunately many students lie about their financial capabilities.

So if you deposited your money today at the rate of 478 and your preCASE interview takes place today you are deemed to qualify financially, but if the preCASE interview takes places tomorrow at the exchange rate of 480 you will be disqualified, so does that make sense?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 11:35am On Aug 04, 2017
mimilyrics:
Just don't want anyone blaming this thread for misinformation because it's been quite helpful to me since I found it.
There's a need to do the 28 days count (see highlighted part of the attached file to this response). At least if anyone wants to do the 28 day rule+ exchange rate issue any other way, it wouldn't be because they didn't have the appropriate official information. It doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't work for them.

No offense taken at all. God's best to all of us. I'm looking forward to the 'visa received' messages from those of us still awaiting our visas.

Then that's the conflict. If you are been judged by a future rate you do not know at the point of beginning your count and you are expected to hold that sum for 28 days prior to application how is that meant to work, if followed strictly?...Can you now see the conflict?
But it's okay sha. No sweat.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
The date of your online submission is the rate you use, please dont get confused.

samakinfol:
I will really need to clarify something, is it the rate on the day you day you started counting the 28days that will be used or the rate on the day you printed your bank statement on Oanda?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Endlessgrace:
The date of your online submission is the rate you use, please dont get confused.

Are you sure about that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
I see the conflict you mean. In the mail my school sent for my pre-CAS information confirmation, My school advised to deposit more than is required in the account to be used. It's happened to someone I know before which is why I'm particular about this. The rate on application date was what was used which is why I say the rules should be followed to the letter. But if it works any other way for someone else, what more can I say? Based on the application in question, Application was made/submitted on July 10, decision made on Aug 3. Oanda Rate for July 10 was what was used. But seeing as it worked otherwise for some others, I'd just say 'may the odds be in your favor'.

Nchabuomo:

Then that's the conflict. If you are been judged by a future rate you do not know at the point of beginning your count and you are expected to hold that sum for 28 days prior to application how is that meant to work, if followed strictly?...Can you now see the conflict?
But it's okay sha. No sweat.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
mimilyrics:
I see the conflict you mean. In the mail my school sent for my pre-CAS information confirmation, My school advised to deposit more than is required in the account to be used. It's happened to someone I know before which is why I'm particular about this. The rate on application date was what was used which is why I say the rules should be followed to the letter. But if it works any other way for someone else, what more can I say? Based on the application in question, Application was made/submitted on July 10, decision made on Aug 3. Oanda Rate for July 10 was what was used. But seeing as it worked otherwise for some others, I'd just say 'may the odds be in your favor'.

Hi...sorry, u submitted on 10 and decision was made on d 3rd of Aug? July 10? Is dat d date of the online submission or biometrics? Did u get a mail from TLS? I applied mid july....still waiting...mine is 16 days today..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
I'm still awaiting mine. Mine is 12 working days today. 16 days including weekends.
The timeline quoted was for an application made last year

shyy:

Hi...sorry, u submitted on 10 and decision was made on d 3rd of Aug? Did u get a mail from TLS? I applied early july....still waiting...mine is 16 days today..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
mimilyrics:

Amen to that...... Keep us updated on your timeline once the eagle lands

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
So what I think is this.....correct me if i'm wrong

Before putting your maintenance money, study the oanda rates. It usually fluctuates between 390-450 averagely.

Its risky to calculate at 390-420 per pound for now so that you dont have to wait long for rates to come down to that after 28days before u apply for your visa.

I'd say calculate your maintence fee at 430-450 per pound, that way you will mostly meet the oanda rates for several days regardless of fluctuations with that.

But ud still have to check oanda on the date of your application to be sure that it hasnt gone beyond the rate u used.

However, if its close to ur resumption, and you cant wait for the rates to come down, i'd advise you just deposit some more tuition to your school and have them indicate it on your CAS so that whatever rate u used can fly.

If your school is requesting for your statement, they will judge you based on the rate for the day you submitted your statement to them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 05, 2017
BrB
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 9:00am On Aug 05, 2017
Hi fam. Please I need clarification on this I intend applying with two bank accounts, both belong to me and presently I don't have the time luxury to move to one account and use it.
Here's my fix: On my international passport my name is stated as Ajah Obinna Okey that's what my CAS and one of the accounts bear. On the other account my English name was added: Ajah Obinna Christopher. Do you think this is an issue or should I just get an affidavit.
P.S I'm doing a tier 4 application.
Cc @justwise and Company
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2017
Get an affidavit stating that both names are one individual. If you have your birth certificate stating all the names on both accounts, add it to the affidavit. I've not had this kinda issue before but i think normally an affidavit is enough.

Nchabuomo:
Hi fam. Please I need clarification on this I intend applying with two bank accounts, both belong to me and presently I don't have the time luxury to move to one account and use it.
Here's my fix: On my international passport my name is stated as Ajah Obinna Okey that's what my CAS and one of the accounts bear. On the other account my English name was added: Ajah Obinna Christopher. Do you think this is an issue or should I just get an affidavit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2017
mimilyrics:
Get an affidavit stating that both names are one individual. If you have your birth certificate stating all the names on both accounts, add it to the affidavit. I've not had this kinda issue before but i think normally an affidavit is enough.

Thanks mini will do...my baptismal is the only document that I have that states all my names with an abbreviation, maybe. I would add that too...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2017
Nchabuomo:
Cc @justwise and Company

Don't move the money to one account just make sure that both meet the 28days rule, my first student visa refusal was because i moved my money into one account even though i explained this in a letter the ECO still refused me, i ended up in immigration tribunal to fight my case.

Is Christopher your middle name?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2017
justwise:

Don't move the money to one account just make sure that both meet the 28days rule, my first student visa refusal was because i moved my money into one account even though i explained this in a letter the ECO still refused me, i ended up in immigration tribunal to fight my case.

Is Christopher your middle name?
Yea I have two middle names Christopher and Okey.
Though I rarely use Christopher. But since I did my BVN(which I ignorantly filled Christopher). If I open any bank account since then, even if I fill in Ajah Obinna Okey as account name, once the account is opened and linked to my BVN it becomes Ajah Obinna Christopher.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Yea I have two middle names Christopher and Okey.
Though I rarely use Christopher. But since I did my BVN(which I ignorantly filled Christopher). If I open any bank account since then, even if I fill in Ajah Obinna Okey as account name, once the account is opened and linked to my BVN it becomes Ajah Obinna Christopher.

If your first and last name are the same in all your documents then its not much to worry about, though you need to explain this in your visa application or get affidavit to support that particular account.

Alternatively you can empty that account by paying your fees from there then submit only one account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2017
justwise:

If your first and last name are the same in all your documents then its not much to worry about, though you need to explain this in your visa application or get affidavit to support that particular account.

Alternatively you can empty that account by paying your fees from there then submit only one account.

Yes the first and last names are the same in all the documents. The account has most of my money(maintenance + fees) the other account is more of a wing man. I think I would get an affidavit and then explain in the application that I have two middle names maybe add my baptismal card ( although I don't think it's a legal document ). Thanks for the help man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by roblance: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
Make this exchange rate come down now abeg o.473 cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
roblance:
Make this exchange rate come down now abeg o.473 cry cry

As in eeeh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2017
CapitalCee:

As in eeeh
Exchange rate oh..help us na...last weekend it was as low as 396 this weekend it is 470..na wah oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bennyjiks: 10:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Ive been waiting for the school to send CAS. As soon as they did, BOOM! The rates went up same day... Five days now... it should go down biko.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Todail: 6:37am On Aug 07, 2017
Good morning All,
Please does anyone have any idea on the cost of the U.K. student visa in Naira?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Todail:
Good morning All,
Please does anyone have any idea on the cost of the U.K. student visa in Naira?
Thanks

Have you PERSONALLY checked the cost in USD or GBP?

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.