Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340017 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
cumulus:

The only tracking option is through TelePerformance Centre web page. On it still awaiting decision. I have also had email conversations with ukvi on my application. They said "awaiting decision". As per the link you mentioned, I have tried it, it's only for applications made within the UK.
So, still waiting..........

I know it appears on d site as though d check status is for only UK applicants but its not...d lady I told u applied at v.I and got her decision on Aug ist, was able to track her status dere...others on this site have used dar site too....ur status ll change dere first b4 u get any emails from TLS...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
cumulus:

The only tracking option is through TelePerformance Centre web page. On it still awaiting decision. I have also had email conversations with ukvi on my application. They said "awaiting decision". As per the link you mentioned, I have tried it, it's only for applications made within the UK.
So, still waiting..........

I know it appears on d site as though d check status is for only UK applicants but its not...d lady I told u applied at v.I and got her decision on Aug ist, was able to track her status dere...others on this site have used dar site too....ur status ll change dere first b4 u get any emails from TLS...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
One year T4 Visa application fee is £335 which was $452 as at 3 weeks ago.
IHS for one year programs is £225 which was $303.75 as at 3 weeks ago.
The $ value might have changed depending on the current £ to $ rates.

Question1:

Okay.
@Ikeja priority 184+ visa application fee 330 = Total is 514

Please Am I correct?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
@Justwise, Boss I was just wondering if it does make any difference should someone added his previous uk short term student visitor refusal letter together with other documents to be submitted for his tier 4 visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
While you await @Justwise's response, let me chip in my 2 cents.
You don't need to. Just ensure that you list it under previous refusals on the online form and put in the correct date and reason for refusal. The ECO can always check their records if more information is required.
You could address this in the additional information section if you wish.
Question1:
@Justwise, Boss I was just wondering if it does make any difference should someone added his previous uk short term student visitor refusal letter together with other documents to be submitted for his tier 4 visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sleyflash(m): 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
@justwise.. Pls i was asked to deposit 15705 pounds in my acct for 28 days and as at today thats converted into 7,415,180. but because of the fluctuation in rates this days i was thinking to be on a safe side i should just deposit 8 million instead, hope this is allowed and ok?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Biko deposit excess. There's no rule against having more than is required. It's always better to have more than less. Even the schools advise to put more than is required if possible except the account is a £ account. If it's a £ account, putting exactly what's needed is okay.

sleyflash:
@justwise.. Pls i was asked to deposit 15705 pounds in my acct for 28 days and as at today thats converted into 7,415,180. but because of the fluctuation in rates this days i was thinking to be on a safe side i should just deposit 8 million instead, hope this is allowed and ok?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
mimilyrics:
While you await @Justwise's response, let me chip in my 2 cents.
You don't need to. Just ensure that you list it under previous refusals on the online form and put in the correct date and reason for refusal. The ECO can always check their records if more information is required.
You could address this in the additional information section if you wish.

Done that already, thank you.

How far with your application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
Question1:

You don't need to add any refusal letter, be honest about the refusal in your application form when asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2017
sleyflash:
thanks

If you have 8M go ahead and deposit that as its not against the student visa rule to have more but don't worry yourself about the exchange flopping up&down because its not your making. As long as you deposited the actual amount from day one you will be fine.

Depositing more than required makes sense if you have it, what about those on tight budget?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
You're welcome. I'm still awaiting the decision mail

Question1:

Done that already, thank you.

How far with your application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ademuyiz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Question1:

Okay.
@Ikeja priority 184+ visa application fee 330 = Total is 514

Please Am I correct?

You need to factor in the Immigration Health Surcharge.

It's £150 a year (but cos you have an extra 4 months at the end of your visa, they add an extra £75)

So for everything, it's £225 + £330 + (£184 if you wanna do priority)

Comes to £739 I believe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
mimilyrics:
One year T4 Visa application fee is £335 which was $452 as at 3 weeks ago.
IHS for one year programs is £225 which was $303.75 as at 3 weeks ago.
The $ value might have changed depending on the current £ to $ rates.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ademuyiz:

You need to factor in the Immigration Health Surcharge.

It's £150 a year (but cos you have an extra 4 months at the end of your visa, they add an extra £75)

So for everything, it's £225 + £330 + (£184 if you wanna do priority)

Comes to £739 I believe.

Thanks boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cumulus: 11:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
shyy:

Honestly I've tried it and what I get is 'the Reference number has not been recognised'.
However, kindly get the link she used and post it here Pls. Also it will be good to know which of the references gave her the status.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 7:27am On Aug 10, 2017
cumulus:

Honestly I've tried it and what I get is 'the Reference number has not been recognised'.
However, kindly get the link she used and post it here Pls. Also it will be good to know which of the references gave her the status.
Thank you
Normally use your GWF number.It shows thus because your application has not been decided. when it is decided it would show decision made and the date it was made.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 7:36am On Aug 10, 2017
cumulus:

Thank you

Patience is the key....I know three Nigeria based applicants that have used DAT link within d last two months and they all said the same thing.... "That it ll continue to show reference number not recognised until a decision has been made" at which point, it shows "decided" ....so u just av to keep trying .... Its d gwf
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joycers: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Good Morning Everyone;
Please I need everyone advise, I'm a first time applicant. I submitted my Tier4 Application on the 24th July and 26th July the UKVI received it. Since then no update. Everyone should kindly advice me on this matter and my school is resuming soon. I'm really disturbed about this.
Thank you all in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by focus1256: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello house, pls what services are not optional at VAC and what is the price attached?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2017
It seems they have quite a lot of applications to decide at this period. Hopefully, you should hear from them soon

Joycers:
Good Morning Everyone;
Please I need everyone advise, I'm a first time applicant. I submitted my Tier4 Application on the 24th July and 26th July the UKVI received it. Since then no update. Everyone should kindly advice me on this matter and my school is resuming soon. I'm really disturbed about this.
Thank you all in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joycers: 10:30am On Aug 10, 2017
Thank you Mimilyrics. I've not gotten any mail from Shieffiled either. Must I get from them?
mimilyrics:
It seems they have quite a lot of applications to decide at this period. Hopefully, you should hear from them soon

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hello guys,

Someone should please clarify this for me as I don't want to make any error. I have printed my bank Statement, have had several deposits in my account which eventually totaled 6 million as at 12 July, however I stated my 28 days on the following day 13 July and I printed my statement today, 10 August 2017.

Now, my statement shows.. Statement Period: 12-July-2017 to 10-August 2017. It also shows an opening balance of 3,054,000 and a closing balance of 6,054,129.... Is that reasonable?

Also, GT bank staff told me they don't issue a cover/reference letter for a saving account holder, so they didn't give me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
Your deposit probably didn't reflect till 13th of July.
Your opening balance should be the amount you require(the 6M+) at the start of the 28 days because the opening balance of 3M plus isn't close to what you need at all since you'll be fully responsible for your maintenance. Using the lowest required amount for outside London for 9 months is around 3.6M (£1,015*9=9,135 which is around 3.6M using the rate of 400(Which isn't even the realistic rate). Ask them to print from 13 July to August 11 tomorrow. Or check your online banking for the opening balance on your account statement from July 13-August 11 by tomorrow morning to see what figures are reflecting.
You really don't need a cover letter since your account statement captures all you need.

Question1:

Hello guys,

Someone should please clarify this for me as I don't want to make any error. I have printed my bank Statement, have had several deposits in my account which eventually totaled 6 million as at 12 July, however I stated my 28 days on the following day 13 July and I printed my statement today, 10 August 2017.

Now, my statement shows.. Statement Period: 12-July-2017 to 10-August 2017. It also shows an opening balance of 3,054,000 and a closing balance of 6,054,129.... Is that reasonable?

Also, GT bank staff told me they don't issue a cover/reference letter for a saving account holder, so they didn't give me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
First of all how much do you need to show in your account?

Because, your opening balance should be the amount required which you might now grow overtime to reflect in your closing balance.

Question1:

Hello guys,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
Endlessgrace:

First of all how much do you need to show in your account?

Because, your opening balance should be the amount required which you might now grow overtime to reflect in your closing balance.

I need £9,135. That's 4.3m at today's rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
Question1:

Hello guys,

Did the transfer hit your account on the 12th if Yes. On the statement asterisk the transfer and in your cover letter or additional information explain that you started your count on 12th checked the rate and your parent/self/ funder transferred the required sum. Print the Oanda rate for that day and attach to your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
mimilyrics:
Your deposit probably didn't reflect till 13th of July.
Your opening balance should be the amount you require(the 6M+) at the start of the 28 days because the opening balance of 3M plus isn't close to what you need at all since you'll be fully responsible for your maintenance. Using the lowest required amount for outside London for 9 months is around 3.6M (£1,015*9=9,135 which is around 3.6M using the rate of 400(Which isn't even realistic). Ask them to print from 13 July to August 11 tomorrow. Or check your online banking for the opening balance on your account statement from July 13-August 11 by tomorrow morning to see what figures are reflecting.
You really don't need a cover letter since your account statement captures all you need.

@Mimi, I don't understand o. On July 12, balance increased from 4m to 6m. So I started counting on the 13 July, when balance became 6m..

Note that, the GT bank woman told me that if she printed from 13 July, it won't reflect any deposit made into my account. So I asked her to print from 12 July.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
Question1:

Oh you have well above the required then....just print a new statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Did the transfer hit your account on the 12th if Yes. On the statement asterisk the transfer and in your cover letter or additional information explain that you started your count on 12th checked the rate and your parent/self/ funder transferred the required sum. Print the Oanda rate for that day and attach to your application.

Okay, on the 12 July, I had three consecutive deposit of 4m,5m and 6m.
So I started counting from the following day 13 July to 10 August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
your 28 days count and your statement opening balance should start on the day your money totals N4.3m

Question1:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nchabuomo: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
Question1:

Okay, on the 12 July, I had three consecutive deposit of 4m,5m and 6m.
So I started counting from the following day 13 July to 10 August
Personally I feel it would be good to show deposit, that's MY OWN OPINION O. Especially if the individual didn't state he was working or sorts like that.
But I might be wrong. Your account has traffic though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Personally I feel it would be good to show deposit, that's MY OWN OPINION O. Especially if the individual didn't state he was working or sorts like that.
But I might be wrong. Your account has traffic though.

Boss, traffic as in?

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.