Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332612 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
umarwy:

Eco was not satisfied of a genuine relationship.

Docs submitted to show relationship.
1. Marriage cert

Oh Okay! But what other documents would you have used?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Harrym: 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hey guys. I am in this odd situation and was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

So today I submitted my application for a tier 4 UK student visa. I met all of the requirements for the visa e.g. I have an unconditional offer from the University of Edinburgh, I have my CAS number, student accommodation, more than enough financial resources to cover my entire length of the program etc. However there is only one small problem with my application, that is, I only have one empty page in the visa section of my passport and they ask for at least two consecutive empty pages. The problem here is that I will not be able to renew my passport and they made kind of a big deal at out this at the agency where I had to submit my visa application.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been refused a visa just because they did not have enough empty pages in their passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2018
Harrym:
Hey guys. I am in this odd situation and was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

So today I submitted my application for a tier 4 UK student visa. I met all of the requirements for the visa e.g. I have an unconditional offer from the University of Edinburgh, I have my CAS number, student accommodation, more than enough financial resources to cover my entire length of the program etc. However there is only one small problem with my application, that is, I only have one empty page in the visa section of my passport and they ask for at least two consecutive empty pages. The problem here is that I will not be able to renew my passport and they made kind of a big deal at out this at the agency where I had to submit my visa application.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been refused a visa just because they did not have enough empty pages in their passport?

When is the passport expiring? When is it valid to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Harrym: 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
LaaJiblik:

When is the passport expiring? When is it valid to?

My passport is valid until 2020 and my program is only for a year. so the validity of the passport is not an issue whatsoever. It's just the damn page.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cycklerhimself: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2018
Renee25:

Yessir.

Thanks a lot...It was really helpful. So you mean I should carry the documents with me to the interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by abuhusna1: 6:22am On Jul 20, 2018
Harrym:

My passport is valid until 2020 and my program is only for a year. so the validity of the passport is not an issue whatsoever. It's just the damn page.
Why didn't you renew cos one of the condition for renewal is exhaustion of your passport pages which is in your own case with you the best as we learn everyday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 8:12am On Jul 20, 2018
kemitomi:

Oh Okay! But what other documents would you have used?

Wedding pics
Relationship pics
Chat logs
Etc

The guidelines says you should only submit required docs. But apparently the wedding cert wasn't enough to convince the eco.

So when applying put as much supporting Doc's as possible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 8:45am On Jul 20, 2018
Hi my school is under the pilot scheme as well but i submitted financial docs, degree certificate and i was also interviewed.

Renee25:
Hello everyone...Please has anyone applied for a tier 4 visa under any of the new schools qualifying for the pilot scheme? If so, did you need to submit or show evidence of financial capability. My school, University of Sheffield qualifies, and they instructed that 'I may not submit financial evidence'. Please someon should let me know if I can go ahead for the interview without submitting this.

Secondly, I've been denied a visa to the US once but I was eventually granted the visa. In the part that asks of denial of any visa should my answer be 'Yes'. And if it is, what will be my reason for denial? US embassy didnt give me any reason at the time. Please kindly help me with these questions. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 20, 2018
umarwy:

Wedding pics
Relationship pics
Chat logs
Etc

The guidelines says you should only submit required docs. But apparently the wedding cert wasn't enough to convince the eco.

So when applying put as much supporting Doc's as possible.
I see, this is an eye opener for me. Thanks
If I may ask will a church wedding pix be honoured
Secondly, in my wedding cert (Marriage registry) I noticed there is a little alteration while writing one of the witness name and also on the date, could that be an issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
As sponsored tier 4 main applicant, must the maintainance fund for my dependants be in my account or it could be in one of the dependants account ( husband's in this case)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesmond3945: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2018
kaad:
As sponsored tier 4 main applicant, must the maintainance fund for my dependants be in my account or it could be in one of the dependants account ( husband's in this case)
Mine was stated in my sponsorship letter that the scholarship covers my dependants but I want to ask the house do I tender the scholarship letter as proof or do I still have show my bank statement with the required amount. Although I am already in the UK and I will be bringing my dependants next year. Please respond God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by shyy: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
Plz, Has anyone here paid visa fee and IHS recently with a pound account? What amount was deducted for d visa and IHS respectively? I hear the payment gateway is in dollars but I intend paying with my UK debit card ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
jesmond3945:
Mine was stated in my sponsorship letter that the scholarship covers my dependants but I want to ask the house do I tender the scholarship letter as proof or do I still have show my bank statement with the required amount. Although I am already in the UK and I will be bringing my dependants next year. Please respond God bless.

Which scholarship is that pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
Please guys, can a private company serve has sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2018
kaad:

It can be in your husband’s account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:03am On Jul 24, 2018
jesmond3945:

If your scholarship covers your family, then the letter will suffice. I hope the letter expressly addresses how much of the scholarship is budgeted per dependent per year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2018
shyy:
Plz, Has anyone here paid visa fee and IHS recently with a pound account? What amount was deducted for d visa and IHS respectively? I hear the payment gateway is in dollars but I intend paying with my UK debit card ...

It’s fine. You can pay with your £ debit card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:05am On Jul 24, 2018
Apmix:

1. What is your definition of “Private” company?
2. I suggest you browse the pages of the UKVI website to see “who can sponsor”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:17am On Jul 24, 2018
LaaJiblik:

It can be in your husband’s account.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2018
LaaJiblik:

1. What is your definition of “Private” company?
2. I suggest you browse the pages of the UKVI website to see “who can sponsor”
Only international company or international organization or home govt or university or UK related body are stated as official financial sponsors. But indigenous companies are not stated that is your I'm confusion this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dolatobi: 12:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
hello house,
Am a new member here.

my hubby applied for a tier 4 visa and am included as a dependant.

We submitted all documents.
for my own document as a dependant, i submitted marriage certificate and newspaper publication.

details below.

Visa application interview date- 9/7/2018
Email from Visainfo.sheffield-15/7/2018
Nothing since then..
I hope we are on the right track.
Expecting a decision mail.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Been long you saw me. Lol! Hope you all have been good.
I'd be sharing my 2017 and 2018 timelines. I hope it helps. Note: my 2017 visa came in too late for me to use it after 2 successful administrative reviews due to UKVI errors.

2018 APPLICATION TIMELINE (Standard Application)
Online submission: 30th June, 2018
Biometrics + interview: 2nd July, 2018
Received by UKVI: 3rd July, 2018
Sheffield mail+ECO: 12th July, 2018
Not straightforward mail: July 18, 2018
Decision and pick-up mails from tlscontact: 23rd July 2018
Tlscontact tracking site updated: 23rd July 2018
Passport with Visa picked up: 24th July, 2018
BRP letter dated 19th July 2018.

2017 APPLICATION TIMELINE (Standard Application)
Date of application: July 16, 2017
Biometrics: July 19, 2017
1st refusal: August 22, 2017
1st refusal letter received at TLS Ikeja: August 25, 2017
1st Admin review submitted: August 26,2017
2nd refusal with revised reasons received: September 12, 2017
2nd Admin review filed: September 13, 2017
AR submission acknowledgement: September 14 2017
Refusal decision overturned mail received: September 27, 2017
Passport Submitted at TLS Ikeja: September 27, 2017
Call to UKVI: October 3, 2017 (Response: AR updates cannot be provided. Wait till you get a passport collection mail)
Email to UKVI: October 11, 2017 (Still same response)
Passport picked up from the BDHC: October 20, 2017 (After 2-3 visits to the BDHC)
Latest date of arrival: October 6, 2017
Visa was unused because it was way past my latest date of arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
Yes but only if that private company has branches plus registered and active business operations in 2 or more countries.
If they do, their sponsorship letter must clearly show at least 2 of their verifiable business addresses in 2 countries.
This shows that they aren't a local business and that they can move or have experience in moving money across countries.
It will also be helpful to have their contact details (Tel, email and website) clearly indicated on the letter.

Apmix:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
It came in too late to be used. Buried myself in work thereafter. Thanks for checking �

justwise:

I hope you got your visa and already in the UK? We haven't seen you here for sometimes now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingDemolah(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thank you KingDemolah.

The ECO assumed that my sponsor wasn't a multinational and didn't run a check to confirm.
For my 1st AR, I explained the ECO error citing the T4 guidelines and included proof of the organization's operating addresses, Google search results of the company news articles detailing the organization's entrant to Nigeria, the area where the address was on my sponsorship letter. This led ECO to contact and run an independent check on the organization.
The ECO then confirmed that indeed, my sponsor wasn't a local business and then revised the refusal due to another error.

For my second AR, the ECO said that my sponsor didn't State how much they were giving me even though my sponsor clearly stated that they'd pay my outstanding course fees and maintenance cost during my course.
For this, I referred to the part of my letter where this was written (I included a highlighted screenshot of the letter) and the T4 guidelines that stated that a sponsor can either State how much they're giving or write great they'll be responsible for all my tuition and maintenance costs. I cited the page where this was written in the T4 guidelines and also included a screenshot of the page.
Each AR took roughly 2 weeks.

KingDemolah:

Hi, congrats. pls can you tell about their reason for the 1st & 2nd refusal in 2017 and how you countered their reasons for the decision to be upturned? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingDemolah(m): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2018

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olashubomi01(m): 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Please house! I’m about to submit my application but I’m yet to secure an accommodation yet. Hope it doesn’t affect my application? I need a response from someone.

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
It won't. Just use your school address as it appears on your CAS and have adequate information on your accommodation plans (What type of accommodation you'd be getting, cost PCM and whether it'll be inclusive of bills or not, an idea of your accommodation location (s) and how you'll get to school from there (cost of transportation and distance from school).
The above will show that you have made your findings and that you're well informed about your accommodation plans/options.

olashubomi01:
Please house! I’m about to submit my application but I’m yet to secure an accommodation yet. Hope it doesn’t affect my application? I need a response from someone.

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by olashubomi01(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for this. �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
OlowoB:

Exactly. That is what it means. Print the statement when it is closer to the date of your interview. Not more than 31 days.

I don't know why you guys are just giving yourself unnecessary high Bp.

Thinkin, complaining, anxiety will not change anything. Rather you guys should be +ve and prayerful. Infact, you guys should be thanking God this is happening now. There is still some time before September to make any amendments where possible.

I still insist the rates will drop to around £1 = 350 naira (black market rate). Just calm down and wait.

It dropped between Saturday and Sunday.

As at Saturday it was £1 = 500 naira and on Sunday it became £1 = 430 . Naira will appreciate, i strongly believ so.

O ye of little faith, be very string joor. By next week, I believe everything will stabilise better and then students will know their fate.

All the best guys.

Modified

You can imagine, as at 01:09am obynwanyioma has not slept. No be small tension o grin
@olowoB does the above means I can print my bank statement on the August 3rd and submit my online application say" on August 29th" and the oando rate of 3rd of August will be used in calculating my maintainance fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
Whether you print on the 3rd or not, the rate on the day you submit your online application which, in this case, is August 29 is what will be used.
So if you print on Aug 3 when rate is 400 and the rate when you submit on Aug 29 is 410, it is 410 that will be used to convert what you have in your acct.

kaad:

@olowoB does the above means I can print my bank statement on the August 3rd and submit my online application say" on August 29th" and the oando rate of 3rd of August will be used in calculating my maintainance fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.