Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337430 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ikeja,Lagos
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Firebomb: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Emmaastone:
Hi everyone I got my visa today...I'm grateful to the Gurus in the house and everyone who at one point or the other answered my questions... Here's my timeline; Visa type: Priority. Application submited; July 16th 2018. Interview Attended; July 18th 2018. Application Transferred for Decision; July 18th Application received by UKVI;19th july 2018. Decision Mail; NO DECISION MAIL but it was ticked on tls website on 30th July 2018. Collection Mail; 30th July 2018. Visa collected; 31st July 2018. -I was asked the following questions; -What's your name? -Confirm your date of birth. -What's your nationality? -What's your intended course of study? -What is the duration of the course? -What's your course start date? ----What's is the name of the university you plan to study at? -Why did you choose the University of Sunderland? Why did you choose the Uk? Why do you want to study this course? How will this course benefit your future career plans? I wasnt asked any questions about accomodation plans or study gap..Thanks to everyone and all the best to those awaiting their respective visas.

Congratulations!!! I just had my interview yesterday in Abuja. I was asked similar questions. The lady (interviewer) was really nice and she "wished me luck in my further studies." UKVI just received my application today and I am keeping my fingers crossed it comes out positive like yours.

Congratulations once again!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesmond3945: 2:28am On Aug 01, 2018
LaaJiblik:

If your scholarship covers your family, then the letter will suffice. I hope the letter expressly addresses how much of the scholarship is budgeted per dependent per year.
it is stated that the scholarship covers my dependants even stating their names. The amount given on the letter was the total package both tuition maintenance for me and dependants which I think is enough and meets the required amount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2018
jesmond3945:
it is stated that the scholarship covers my dependants even stating their names. The amount given on the letter was the total package both tuition maintenance for me and dependants which I think is enough and meets the required amount.

In that case, you don’t need to submit a SINGLE Bank statement. The scholarship letter is enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesmond3945: 10:29am On Aug 01, 2018
RalphJean:

In that case, you don’t need to submit a SINGLE Bank statement. The scholarship letter is enough.
thanks my brada
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2018
Good morning, did my teir 4 visa interview at VI Lagos on the 24th of July, 2018 and got an email from sheffied on the 29th, so am just waiting and fingers crossed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 11:49am On Aug 01, 2018
Congratulations, my visa type was standard not priority so I guess I have to wait for a longer period
Emmaastone:
Hi everyone I got my visa today...I'm grateful to the Gurus in the house and everyone who at one point or the other answered my questions... Here's my timeline; Visa type: Priority. Application submited; July 16th 2018. Interview Attended; July 18th 2018. Application Transferred for Decision; July 18th Application received by UKVI;19th july 2018. Decision Mail; NO DECISION MAIL but it was ticked on tls website on 30th July 2018. Collection Mail; 30th July 2018. Visa collected; 31st July 2018. -I was asked the following questions; -What's your name? -Confirm your date of birth. -What's your nationality? -What's your intended course of study? -What is the duration of the course? -What's your course start date? ----What's is the name of the university you plan to study at? -Why did you choose the University of Sunderland? Why did you choose the Uk? Why do you want to study this course? How will this course benefit your future career plans? I wasnt asked any questions about accomodation plans or study gap..Thanks to everyone and all the best to those awaiting their respective visas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
mimilyrics:
An affidavit plus an explanation about this should suffice.

Thank you. Pls am I supposed to print out the self assessment form and fill.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
You don't need it. Your online application is enough along with your supporting documents.

obeauty21:

Thank you. Pls am I supposed to print out the self assessment form and fill.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thank you.

mimilyrics:
You don't need it. Your online application is enough along with your supporting documents.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2018
Scottiemi:
Congratulations, my visa type was standard not priority so I guess I have to wait for a longer period

Not necessarily, hubby was interviewed on the 11th of July in Abuja (standard) and he just received email this afternoon 1st Aug. that his passport is with Courier. Exactly 15 days.. We hope for good news smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 9:14pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wow, hopefully mine will not take too long also. We will all get good news in this month by God's grace.
MaEssien:

Not necessarily, hubby was interviewed on the 11th of July in Abuja (standard) and he just received email this afternoon 1st Aug. that his passport is with Courier. Exactly 15 days.. We hope for good news smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2018
Please how do I book an appointment for TB test. I already paid the fees. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2018
You're supposed to book an appointment before paying the fees because the fees are subject to ForEx fluctuations.
Depending on your location, send a mail to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int or iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int with your preferred test date.
You'll be sent a confirmation of appointment with a pdf document (revised information sheet) which will have the current amount charged for TB tests, their address, test Info amongst other info.
Check to confirm that the amount you paid is the same as the current TB test cost that's contained in the document.
NOTE: The TB test cost was revised upwards to N54,000 in March and was still N54,000 in June but it's always safer to confirm the test fees from IOM before paying.
If the test has been increased from N54,000, all you need to do is to ensure that you pay the difference before your appointment and go along with the 2 payment tellers/evidence. If not, you're good to go.
Ensure that you go with your travel passport on your test date.

kaad:
Please how do I book an appointment for TB test. I already paid the fees. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2018
From what I've seen so far this year, UKVI has been treating applications within their official timescales except for unique situations where they might need more time to verify information on an application from a 3rd party.
Scottiemi:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yerilistik: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2018
Big congrats
What course are you going to study in Sunderland? My cousin has applied to do a masters degree there starting october but she's awaiting admission from the school. Fingers crossed !
Emmaastone:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Scottiemi:

You will get your visa within 3 weeks because students coming to the UK this year from Nigeria has been low for obvious reasons.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2018
OK, thanks dear
OlowoB:

You will get your visa within 3 weeks because students coming to the UK this year from Nigeria has been low for obvious reasons.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Scottiemi(f): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2018
Thanks for this
mimilyrics:
From what I've seen so far this year, UKVI has been treating applications within their official timescales except for unique situations where they might need more time to verify information on an application from a 3rd party.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yerilistik: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
OlowoB:

All the best.
Why the low patronage and what obvious reasons please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please, I need clarification. A friend of mine submitted his Tier 4 application at TLS Ikeja on Friday but forgot to include his degree certificate because it was not stated on the documents checklist. Can he be refused based on that or UKVI will request for additional document? Or what do you advise he can do at this moment..
@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Please, I need clarification. A friend of mine submitted his Tier 4 application at TLS Ikeja on Friday but forgot to include his degree certificate because it was not stated on the documents checklist. Can he be refused based on that or UKVI will request for additional document? Or what do you advise he can do at this moment..
@justwise

If the degree certificate is not listed on his CAS then its not a prob.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2018
It was stated on his CAS cry
justwise:

If the degree certificate is not listed on his CAS then its not a prob.
e
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
Pls guys, I get my acct credited with enough cash (some excess for FX fluctuation included) this past Friday (3rd), I plan to start counting my 28days from yesterday, (Sat 4th) and to pay for my application on Sunday, 2nd August. Hope I'm good to go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
@justwise

Phocusjosh:
It was stated on his CAS crye

Which one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
After submission of visa application, a document checklist was generated and degree certificate was not stated. Degree certificate was only stated on his CAS Statement.
justwise:

Which one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
After submission of visa application, a document checklist was generated and degree certificate was not stated. Degree certificate was only stated on his CAS Statement.

Yes that was because you did not submit it.

You can try your luck by contacting the embassy to see if you will be asked to send it else you need to pray long and hard about the outcome because it could lead to a refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2018
The document checklist was generated before going to TLS. Only three documents were stated on the checklist.

Also, how can UKVI be contacted?
justwise:

Yes that was because you did not submit it.

You can try your luck by contacting the embassy to see if you will be asked to send it else you need to pray long and hard about the outcome because it could lead to a refusal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
I was denied Canadian study permit last year, then reapplied in March this year and got two years visa in June. Now, I don't feel like going to Canada because I got Commonwealth shared scholarship (fully funded) which is tenable in UK. I declared the above while filling the Tier 4 application.

My question is, will UKVI frown at my Canadian study visa?
@justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.