Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336592 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
Pweety1:
@Liloupazzo... What is the name of the school? You can't just say near London bridge. I guess your answers weren't clear enough during the interview.

No they didn't ask about the location of the school (London school of commerce) during the interview, it was an answer to @justiwe question. Thank you dear, appreciate your answer.

@justwise: okay, I was just afraid they don't put enought attention to all documents because it happened first withe the ECO, so I was saying myself that the may also neglect some important facts.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mobii: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi my peeps. I made my tier 4 application on the 7th of Feb and submitted my docs and interview on the 9th of Feb. The status on the tls site has been on received by ukvi since the 10th of Feb. Can anyone pls advise how long it actually takes to process. Its over 15 working days now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Achonky: 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
mobii:
Hi my peeps. I made my tier 4 application on the 7th of Feb and submitted my docs and interview on the 9th of Feb. The status on the tls site has been on received by ukvi since the 10th of Feb. Can anyone pls advise how long it actually takes to process. Its over 15 working days now
Visit the VAC where you did your interview and request for an update.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:44am On Mar 07, 2016
Hello Justwise,
I'm just about paying for the IHS & Tier 4 visa application for a 4-year programme.

The IHS payment page says $978 and I think the visa costs ~ $470.

Do you know if I will be charged at the official exchange rate of $1/N200 or my bank rate?
I'm using a Diamond Bank VISA card.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2016
@justwise please I need a help, I haven't sent my AR yet because I am waiting for the school to give me feedback. Now I cannot wait the marketing officer anymore and I want you to explain me how to send it. I have the link and the answers. But I am afraid doing it in the wrong way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2016
barbiesparkz2:
Hello Justwise,
I'm just about paying for the IHS & Tier 4 visa application for a 4-year programme.

Do you know if I will be charged at the official exchange rate of $1/N200 or my bank rate?

Thanks.
You will be charged at the bank rate should i say atm rate. its usually somwhere between the cbn rate and the black market rate, bt its alot closer to the later. you can check abokifx.com for atm rates just to give you a rough estimate of the rate for diamond bank and other banks. you might evn find the rate that was charged for somone who used ur bank's atm on d same day u intend to use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2016
creamyworkz:

You will be charged at the bank rate should i say atm rate. its usually somwhere between the cbn rate and the black market rate, bt its alot closer to the later. you can check abokifx.com for atm rates just to give you a rough estimate of the rate for diamond bank and other banks. you might evn find the rate that was charged for somone who used ur bank's atm on d same day u intend to use it.

Thanks a lot.
I appreciate this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
barbiesparkz2:
Hello Justwise,

Thanks.

Check very well because the fee is £150 a year so in your case that should be £600.

They will use oanda exchange rate which is lower
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
Liloupazzo:
@justwise please I need a help, I haven't sent my AR yet because I am waiting for the school to give me feedback. Now I cannot wait the marketing officer anymore and I want you to explain me how to send it. I have the link and the answers. But I am afraid doing it in the wrong way.

I don't know why you are delaying, feedback from your school will not play any role in AR decision or outcome.

You can send it by email or post. Just a page back somebody did the same thing and was successful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 10:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
justwise:

I don't know why you are delaying, feedback from your school will not play any role in AR decision or outcome.

You can send it by email or post. Just a page back somebody did the same thing and was successful

I will send it tomorrow then. I just have to print,fulfill the boxes with a pen scan it and email it right? No need to send additional letter with the review?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
justwise:

Check very well because the fee is £150 a year so in your case that should be £600.

They will use oanda exchange rate which is lower

True.
It says £150 per year initially but after putting in my details for Tier 4 General Student visa for 4 years, it amounts to £675 / $978.75.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:46am On Mar 08, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

True.
It says £150 per year initially but after putting in my details for Tier 4 General Student visa for 4 years, it amounts to £675 / $978.75.

Thanks for the reply.

If it's £675 then your visa will not be exactly 4yrs, it will be 4yrs + 6 months or so. $978.75 to naira conversation using oanda is still relatively lower than what is obtainable in Nigeria thesedays.

All the best with everything though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:50am On Mar 08, 2016
Liloupazzo:

I will send it tomorrow then. I just have to print,fulfill the boxes with a pen scan it and email it right? No need to send additional letter with the review?
You can scan and email or send by post without scanning it.

You don't add any other document just the form.

Remember you have to send it within 28days of getting your decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 9:56am On Mar 08, 2016
justwise:

You can scan and email or send by post without scanning it.

You don't add any other document just the form.

Remember you have to send it within 28days of getting your decision

Okay, I was just afraid to do the review in a wrong way, because my friend called on agent but he said it is not easy to do, maybe he just wanted my money. I will complete it today and let you know.
Thank you dear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2016
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2016
Liloupazzo:

Okay, I was just afraid to do the review in a wrong way, because my friend called on agent but he said it is not easy to do, maybe he just wanted my money. I will complete it today and let you know.
Thank you dear.

Anybody that uses an agent for AR or visa application is not fit to study in the UK

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
justwise:

Anybody that uses an agent for AR or visa application is not fit to study in the UK

cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
justwise:

Pleasz very urgent!!!!
In the AR I have to give the reason for refusal but the box is very short and I cannot write in full and write my answers. Can I just sum up in a sentense the reason for refusal and then write my answer
Please it urgent im about to send it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mali46(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please my brothers, I need you guys assistance. I intend starting a travel application. I am though a graduate of History and International relations in Delta State university 2013, there is no hope of getting a good job here in Nigeria based on conne!!! I however told my parents abt my desire to study abroad which they agreed on. the following options where given:
1. Either I do my masters
2. Travel as a means of hustle.

I however, choose USA and the UK as my intended destinations. I was suggested to use an agent to help me but I read sometime ago in Nairaland that most of these agents are scam and its better to start my application myself but I am confused. I dont know where I should start from:

So I am begging you guys to pls help me, I a may be asking too much but pls help me with d LIST of cheapest schools I can apply for IN the UK, estimates of the amount I need to have to start my application, tuition fees, house, food etc, of what should be put into considerations b4 applying. so I can tell my parents.

Will also ask in USA forum to know which will be best to chose from thanks.

Also how I want to know if there is d possibility of getting a visa if i applied as vocational student or to a polytechnic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Liloupazzo:

Pleasz very urgent!!!!
In the AR I have to give the reason for refusal but the box is very short and I cannot write in full and write my answers. Can I just sum up in a sentense the reason for refusal and then write my answer
Please it urgent im about to send it

Use additional paper to give reasons why you think that the ECO was wrong to deny you a visa or summaries it without leaving out important details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
mali46:
Please my brothers, I need you guys assistance. I intend starting a travel application. I am though a graduate of History and International relations in Delta State university 2013, there is no hope of getting a good job here in Nigeria based on conne!!! I however told my parents abt my desire to study abroad which they agreed on. the following options where given:

I however, choose USA and the UK as my intended destinations. I was suggested to use an agent to help me but I read sometime ago in Nairaland that most of these agents are scam and its better to start my application myself but I am confused. I dont know where I should start from:

So I am begging you guys to pls help me, I a may be asking too much but pls help me with d LIST of cheapest schools I can apply for IN the UK, estimates of the amount I need to have to start my application, tuition fees, house, food etc, of what should be put into considerations b4 applying. so I can tell my parents.

Also how I want to know if there is d possibility of getting a visa if i applied as vocational student or to a polytechnic

This is the list of universities in the UK http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings, the lower the rank the cheaper, so start your research from there.

Read the first page of this thread for your second question about cost of living in the UK. All the info you need is here if you care to read
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mali46(m): 8:05am On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

This is the list of universities in the UK http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings, the lower the rank the cheaper, so start your research from there.

Read the first page of this thread for your second question about cost of living in the UK. All the info you need is here if you care to read

Bros tanx 4 reply. I think I am getting a clue. you are JUST VERY WISE BRO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2016
justwise:

Use additional paper to give reasons why you think that the ECO was wrong to deny you a visa or summaries it without leaving out important details

This is how I did it:
Is it good? I just made a sum up of the ECO comment and then wrote my answers

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nuraig(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
Please how long does it take for this form A to go through?. I used CBN directly as my Mother works there. And she doesn't seem to be willing to ask because she feels she has called enough favours on this matter. Please what other means of payment can I use? At least to get the visa and Form A can be used for other subsequent payments. @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mobii: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2016
Hi please I am applying for an administrative review on my tier 4 visa. I have scanned and emailed my completed forms on Wednesday but I have not received and acknowledgement email till date. Please Is this the norm or do I need to re-send it?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 1:21am On Mar 12, 2016
justwise:

na true talk boss.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aire94: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hi all,
I will be applying for a tier 4 visa early next moan which falls within 3 months of the course start date. My intended date of travel will be above 2 months before the course start date. Will I have an Issue due to this or should I reduce the intended travel to about a month. Anticipating your responses. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by guiddoti: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2016
mali46:

tapplication process to any school outside nigeria is not difficult as people think. Boss has given you list of school in the uk, so google the schools that offer what you intend to study. Let alone I would advise you go canada if your plan is to stay back after studies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:38am On Mar 13, 2016
aire94:
Hi all,
I will be applying for a tier 4 visa early next moan which falls within 3 months of the course start date. My intended date of travel will be above 2 months before the course start date. Will I have an Issue due to this or should I reduce the intended travel to about a month. Anticipating your responses. thanks

That is your answer there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2016
@justwise I have sent my AR last Wednesday. My latest date of arrival was march 7. There is another intake on april . Will they ask me for a new CAS if they change the decision?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 5:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello Justwise,

I have a little problem with payment.
I was able to pay for the IHS fee of $978 using my foreign debit card.
However, when I tried making payment for Visa application of $524, the transaction failed twice, despite my bank confirming that I had sufficient funds and saw no evidence of the attempted visa payment transaction.

I just want to know if the IHS fee I paid is transferable to a new application if the 3rd visa payment is not successful?
Also, do you have any suggestions about how to make progress here?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
barbiesparkz2:
Hello Justwise,

I have a little problem with payment.
I was able to pay for the IHS fee of $978 using my foreign debit card.
However, when I tried making payment for Visa application of $524, the transaction failed twice, despite my bank confirming that I had sufficient funds and saw no evidence of the attempted visa payment transaction.

I just want to know if the IHS fee I paid is transferable to a new application if the 3rd visa payment is not successful?
Also, do you have any suggestions about how to make progress here?

Thanks.

I think you should email the embassy about this, the two payments are different so can not be transferred.

Hopefully somebody with solution can help direct you on how to make the payment

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.