Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332795 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
chupcake:

Bro, sorry you wasted money for the IELTS. I did the same thing. I wrote an IELTS, th one that cost 40k. Total waste of money because it is not UKVI. From my own experience, the UKVI IELTS is just a way or extorting more money. There is no difference between the first one you did and the UKVI. Th experience I gained from the first one helped when I was writing the second one sha. I was more composed. What was the score of the first? You don't need different set of materials. If you passed well on the first one, you don't have to worry. If you need any help, I can point you in the rift direction of where to get materials that includes audio for the listening test. I ended up scoring the same thing sha buh my reading and listening test increased. Speaking went down by .5 and writing was the same.

Na wa o, i wasted 52k on the first one. As you said, the experience gained will be helpful when sitting for the UKVI IELTS. I scored 6.5 in overall but i need to do far better than that in the next one, im aiming at 7.5 in each component at least. Pls i indeed need help to get suitable materials that will help me get high band, especially in reading. I am even considering to register for a class. I will want us to talk to one on one if you dont mind. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Liloupazzo: 5:25am On Apr 12, 2016
Hello @justwise, finally the review decision has been maintained unfortunately.
Thanks a lot for everything. Now I will apply for courses taught in english in France.

I have one question , how much time schools take usually to refund the deposit. I have written a refund request and send it , really need that money for my registration in France.
Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
Liloupazzo:
Hello @justwise, finally the review decision has been maintained unfortunately.
Thanks a lot for everything. Now I will apply for courses taught in english in France.

I have one question , how much time schools take usually to refund the deposit. I have written a refund request and send it , really need that money for my registration in France.
Thank you!

Really sorry to hear that,

Many schools in the UK drags their legs when it comes to fees refund especially private colleges. There is no time scale for this as different schools treat it differently. Go ahead and make refund request with the refusal letter as a proof.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Luggi007:

Na wa o, i wasted 52k on the first one. As you said, the experience gained will be helpful when sitting for the UKVI IELTS. I scored 6.5 in overall but i need to do far better than that in the next one, im aiming at 7.5 in each component at least. Pls i indeed need help to get suitable materials that will help me get high band, especially in reading. I am even considering to register for a class. I will want us to talk to one on one if you dont mind. Thanks

Sure. No problem. 7.5 is easy to get I think, na the writing hard pass buh with enough practice, you should be able to. I didn't pay much attention to it as I was counting on the rest to boost the overall score and it did. Give me your email address and I will contact you. That way we can arrange something. I found the materials I used, complete with audio for listening test. Hope you are in Lagos sha.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by KingRex1(m): 8:47pm On Apr 12, 2016
Luggi007:

Is the IELTs in any way necessary for MSc programs at UK, Reading Uni specifically.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2016
Banim:

Did you change your surname? If yes, you should have the official document of change of name attached to your birth certificate... That should clear up the confusion about the name.

I kuku didn't change the surname oo. It was absent on the birth certificate pata pata nii. I have accepted the fact that I will need to transfer the money to my account. Just don't want to be blindsided again is all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 1:24am On Apr 13, 2016
KingRex1:
Is the IELTs in any way necessary for MSc programs at UK, Reading Uni specifically.
The school will be the one to determine. As your agent or email the school itself. It should be on their website. IELTS is not at all a scary exam. If you are going to write it, Just make sure you have enough practice. Also be sure to register for IELTS for UKVI so you don't end up wasting money like i did. I can help with materials too if you want. It is the easiest part of the whole process for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 6:09am On Apr 13, 2016
chupcake:

Sure. No problem. 7.5 is easy to get I think, na the writing hard pass buh with enough practice, you should be able to. I didn't pay much attention to it as I was counting on the rest to boost the overall score and it did. Give me your email address and I will contact you. That way we can arrange something. I found the materials I used, complete with audio for listening test. Hope you are in Lagos sha.

Thanks bro. The writing is even the easiest for me, i got the highest band in it. Im in PH, but i believe that the distance should not be a barrier. Pls include your digits in mail.

My email is: bunmi.ogundare@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by farsa: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello Chupcake, I need you to advice me on how to go about the IELTS General Test. I have been able to grab a few practice materials from IELTS website, however I need somewhere who has had a feel of the test to proffer suggestions. Thanks
chupcake:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
farsa:
Hello Chupcake, I need you to advice me on how to go about the IELTS General Test. I have been able to grab a few practice materials from IELTS website, however I need somewhere who has had a feel of the test to proffer suggestions. Thanks
Are you using it to gain admission into a UK university, If so you will need IELTS for UKVI and not the ordinary IELTS. So you don't waste your money. Also i can give you materials and tips that helped when i was preparing for mine. Drop your email and lets see what we can come up with.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by rumkiorta: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
Thanks mate, You have provided sounds good information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jamicanlady: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hi Chupcake,
Preparing for IELTS exam. Very much interested in the materials you have available: jamicanladym@yahoo.com
Thanks dear.

chupcake:

Are you using it to gain admission into a UK university, If so you will need IELTS for UKVI and not the ordinary IELTS. So you don't waste your money. Also i can give you materials and tips that helped when i was preparing for mine. Drop your email and lets see what we can come up with.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by badoski101(m): 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello Chupcake,

I am preparing for IELTS general test.

Will very much appreciate it if u can assist with d materials u used.

EMAIL: seun1906@gmail.com

thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
jamicanlady:
Hi Chupcake,
Preparing for IELTS exam. Very much interested in the materials you have available: jamicanladym@yahoo.com
Thanks dear.

Sent you an email.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
badoski101:
Hello Chupcake,

I am preparing for IELTS general test.

Will very much appreciate it if u can assist with d materials u used.

EMAIL: seun1906@gmail.com

thank you

Sent you an email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello @justwise and everyone,

On the TLS website under Priority Visa Processing (https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/page.php?pid=added_value_services), it says:

Customers who fall into the following categories are advised not use the Priority Visa Service:

If you have been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office
etc
etc

Even though it's an advise, it doesn't say it must not be used.

Has anyone been refused leave to enter the uk/remain in the uk and still went ahead with Priority service? Did ECO say otherwise and what was the outcome?

Many thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bourne007:
Hello
Has anyone been refused leave to enter the uk/remain in the uk and still went ahead with Priority service? Did ECO say otherwise and what was the outcome?
Many thanks in advance

Probably means that you will get your refusal back quicker, and loose your money quicker.
Why can't you follow the procedure laid down?
What was your refusal for?
Have you put right the reasons for the refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
Do refusals get processed faster than approvals or vice versa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
Bourne007:
Hello @justwise and everyone,

On the TLS website under Priority Visa Processing (https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/lgv/page.php?pid=added_value_services), it says:

Customers who fall into the following categories are advised not use the Priority Visa Service:

If you have been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office
etc
etc

Many thanks in advance

Not sure about that but why would you want to waste money paying for something that is likely to be ignored?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2016
Banim:
Do refusals get processed faster than approvals or vice versa?

I don't think so, at the stage they refused you is the same stage you get approved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wkkwl: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2016
chupcake:

Sent you an email.

Hello bros,
Please i am preparing for IELTS ireland Uni. i would really need your help as regards to prep materials

Lindseymac234@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:56am On Apr 23, 2016
wkkwl:

Hello bros,
Please i am preparing for IELTS ireland Uni. i would really need your help as regards to prep materials

Lindseymac234@gmail.com

Thanks

Hopefully, you registered for IELTS UKVI and not the ordinary IELTS. When is the exam? Either way, I've sent you an email. Reply when you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jamicanlady: 9:59am On Apr 25, 2016
chupcake:

Sent you an email.

Thanks, sent you a response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
jamicanlady:

Thanks, sent you a response.

I didn't get any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
Bros justwise. I have posted like 3 times and I didn't get any answer. Hopefully I will get an answer on this one. I am having problems paying for the visa. Any advise on which bank I should use. For those in the house that did it recently, how did you do it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Apr 25, 2016
chupcake:
Bros justwise. I have posted like 3 times and I didn't get any answer. Hopefully I will get an answer on this one. I am having problems paying for the visa. Any advise on which bank I should use. For those in the house that did it recently, how did you do it.

I think it was mentioned here few pages back, i really can't remember the bank name but if i see that post i will mention you there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

Finally...
I was able to make the visa fee payment of $542 using GTB MasterCard of a friend at a rate of N299/$1.

I was told the daily limit for transaction with this particular card was $1000 (don't know if this applies to all GTB cards).

UK embassy provided no helpful advice concerning my complaints in their response to my mail.

Thanks.

Did you need to do anything to your GTbank card before you were able to use it. Some people were saying i should go activate it at the bank but those customer service people don't seem to know what i was saying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
chupcake:

Did you need to do anything to your GTbank card before you were able to use it. Some people were saying i should go activate it at the bank but those customer service people don't seem to know what i was saying.

Except it's a very old card/account, recently issued GTB Mastercards are auto-enabled for internet payments up to $1000 per day.

Maybe you just need to inform the customer service that you want your card activated for internet banking or outrightly tell them for visa payment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
chupcake:

Except it's a very old card/account, recently issued GTB Mastercards are auto-enabled for internet payments up to $1000 per day.

Maybe you just need to inform the customer service that you want your card activated for internet banking or outrightly tell them for visa payment.

It was that of a friend, not mine.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.