Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332667 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

Except it's a very old card/account, recently issued GTB Mastercards are auto-enabled for internet payments up to $1000 per day.

Maybe you just need to inform the customer service that you want your card activated for internet banking or outrightly tell them for visa payment.

It was that of a friend, not mine.

Cheers.

Thanks. I will deposit money in the account and try again tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by beluyera: 9:51am On Apr 26, 2016
Good morning everyone. .Am new here but want to ask how good is leeds beckett university for an MBA program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
chupcake:
Bros justwise. I have posted like 3 times and I didn't get any answer. Hopefully I will get an answer on this one. I am having problems paying for the visa. Any advise on which bank I should use. For those in the house that did it recently, how did you do it.

Paid two weeks ago, I used my PAGA account... You can open a Paga account and upgrade your account to KYC level 3...

Once paga is opened, you can fund the paga account with all the money and pay... Their rate was #328 / $ when I did it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2016
chupcake:

Thanks. I will deposit money in the account and try again tomorrow.
I paid last week for both Ihs and Visa using Gtbank.it was smooth just expensive almost 250k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Banim(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2016
Guys, I'd like to ask whether anybody has paid for school accommodation using FORM A recently...

I'm trying to find out whether the Official rate for Tuition fees also applies to Accommodation fees if provided by the school.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by creamyworkz: 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2016
Banim:
Guys, I'd like to ask whether anybody has paid for school accommodation using FORM A recently...

I'm trying to find out whether the Official rate for Tuition fees also applies to Accommodation fees if provided by the school.

Thanks

Any money going directly into the school's account is covered. All you need is to provide a payment advice from the school which states the total fees you are to pay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by beautyuche: 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
Oga Just wise biko answere......what is d required account balance expected for a student visa of 6 month. Please not d regular tier 4. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by simonns(m): 12:38am On Apr 27, 2016
Hi all, i have not read much of the previous posts on this thread. Thot I should give some people heads up. For those of you that intend to work in uk after study completion and do not know about changes in rules, it is now very difficult for an Non- EU international student to work in uk after study completion because the govt has made the conditions tough for employers. Do your research.
It is not wise to invest in a country with tight rules when they are other developed countries that are accommodating.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 10:56am On Apr 27, 2016
simonns:
Hi all, i have not read much of the previous posts on this thread. Thot I should give some people heads up. For those of you that intend to work in uk after study completion and do not know about changes in rules, it is now very difficult for an Non- EU international student to work in uk after study completion because the govt has made the conditions tough for employers. Do your research.
It is not wise to invest in a country with tight rules when they are other developed countries that are accommodating.

Can you give more details?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
ufeedoh:
I paid last week for both Ihs and Visa using Gtbank.it was smooth just expensive almost 250k

Did you use the same GTBank account for both. I am asking cos of the limit thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tunderule2016: 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Simmons is so right.... you need to think through proper.. as he said think wisely before you consider UK as the next step... read more below...

First published: 14 July 2015
Last updated: 30 July 2015

The government announced changes to the Immigration Rules on 13 July. Many of these affect Tier 4 of the points-based system.

The main changes will:

stop new students at publicly funded colleges from working, bringing them in line with those at private colleges (from August)
allow university students to study a new course at the same level but only where there’s a link to their previous course or the university confirms that this supports their career aspirations. There will be credibility interviews and sanctions against universities who abuse this rule (from August)

ban college students from extending their Tier 4 visas in the UK unless they are studying at an ‘embedded college’, one which has a formal, direct link to a university that is recognised by the Home Office. This will require them to leave and apply for a new visa from outside the UK if they wish to study another course (from November)

ban college students from being able to switch visas to Tiers 2 or 5 in the UK, and require them to apply from outside the UK (from November)

reduce the time limit for study at further education level from 3 years to 2 years. This brings the maximum period into line with the length of time British students generally spend in further education (from November)

stop Tier 4 dependants from taking a low or unskilled job, but allow them to take part-time or full-time skilled work (from the autumn)

spikesC:

Can you give more details?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2016
chupcake:

Did you use the same GTBank account for both. I am asking cos of the limit thing.
yes I used same card for both
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by simonns(m): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Agustephenogwo: 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spikesC(m): 10:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
tunderule2016:
Simmons is so right.... you need to think through proper.. as he said think wisely before you consider UK as the next step... read more below...

First published: 14 July 2015
Last updated: 30 July 2015

The government announced changes to the Immigration Rules on 13 July. Many of these affect Tier 4 of the points-based system.

The main changes will:

stop new students at publicly funded colleges from working, bringing them in line with those at private colleges (from August)
allow university students to study a new course at the same level but only where there’s a link to their previous course or the university confirms that this supports their career aspirations. There will be credibility interviews and sanctions against universities who abuse this rule (from August)

ban college students from extending their Tier 4 visas in the UK unless they are studying at an ‘embedded college’, one which has a formal, direct link to a university that is recognised by the Home Office. This will require them to leave and apply for a new visa from outside the UK if they wish to study another course (from November)

ban college students from being able to switch visas to Tiers 2 or 5 in the UK, and require them to apply from outside the UK (from November)

reduce the time limit for study at further education level from 3 years to 2 years. This brings the maximum period into line with the length of time British students generally spend in further education (from November)

stop Tier 4 dependants from taking a low or unskilled job, but allow them to take part-time or full-time skilled work (from the autumn)

This is stale news and not even related to my question

simonns:

Visit the links below
http://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/uk-rejects-reintroduction-of-post-study-work-visa-1265540
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/mar/12/eu-workers-deported-earning-less-35000-employees-americans-australians
For more information, google is your friend.

I think you missed my actual question. The links you provided are old, atleast for most people in this thread. My question is directly about your statement in bold below

simonns:

Apart from raising the minimum salary (which is really not even relevant) I don't see any way they made it tough for the employers. The effects has always been on the job seekers. So can you give more details why you think so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tunderule2016: 1:58pm On May 01, 2016
I will advice to call the bank because this banks are very funny. Settlement application submitted at March 9th, GTB told us that they can only allow 1000 USD (online and withdraw) for a month. I called access and they allowed 3000 USD for online payment but @ 302 Naira for 1 $.

So i will advice to call the bank first to ask them how much they allow for online payment and what is the day exchange rate..

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kennykolabo: 10:03am On May 05, 2016
Good day good people.
Please i need your urgent reaponse.

Please i made a mistake while filling my ds160 and i have submitted with appointment booked. Please do i fill a new ds160 and link it to my former confirmation number.
If yes... please how can i as i intend doing it today.
God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 10:13pm On May 05, 2016
Picked up my Passport today with my Visa. Thanks everyone for the help. Thanks justwise for all the important tips here. @ chupcake howfar with your application? Anybody going to Bpp University(Holborn) this May or already there? Need help with accommodation in Central London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2016
ufeedoh:
Picked up my Passport today with my Visa. Thanks everyone for the help. Thanks justwise for all the important tips here. @ chupcake howfar with your application? Anybody going to Bpp University(Holborn) this May or already there? Need help with accommodation in Central London.

Bro, Congratulations mehn. I was able to pay sha. I used my sister's GTbank ATM. I even encountered the dreaded 'Order is no longer payable' page. I submitted the documents on tuesday so fingers crossed. When are you leaving?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ufeedoh: 10:33pm On May 05, 2016
chupcake:

Bro, Congratulations mehn. I was able to pay sha. I used my sister's GTbank ATM. I even encountered the dreaded 'Order is no longer payable' page. I submitted the documents on tuesday so fingers crossed. When are you leaving?
am a babe o, should leave Wednesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 10:58pm On May 05, 2016
ufeedoh:
am a babe o, should leave Wednesday.
Ohh my bad. You booked your flight yet? Which airline? Also if you can, please share your experience at both airports. Do you have an email address i can contact you on?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2016
ufeedoh:

Congratulations!

Look for accommodation outside central London else your maintenance money will be gone in 6 months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fratermathy(m): 3:41pm On May 06, 2016
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in the UK but I have some questions:

1. Are there schools with affordable tuition or any that is tuition free?
2. What are the likely schools I can apply for?
3. What is the typical cost of accomodation like [in naira]?
4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?
5. Is it easy to get a visa for PhD studies?
6. How much is flight fee [cheapest range]?
7. Are there academic opportunities for PhD holders ?
8. What are the salient factors I must take into consideration?
9. How much do I need to survive on a monthly basis as a PhD student?
10. Do I need ielts or toefl or gre and those other exams since I read English?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 06, 2016
fratermathy:
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in the UK but I have some questions:

4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!

Lol justwise come and answer o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
fratermathy:

Have you done any work yourself to find out these things?

Before you demand that Mr Justwise answers all the questions.
Get off your bottom and use Google to do some research.

It is not fair when idle people come here demanding answers rather that doing some work themself. angry angry angry

Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fratermathy(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2016
worry359:

I have. Asking questions doesn't mean one is lazy. Sometimes, Google cannot offer what experience can offer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:34pm On May 06, 2016
fratermathy:

Please note, i will answer your questions based on the knowledge i have as regards my brother who did his PHD in Glasgow and also based on my knowledge of been in the UK for years.

My brother got a scholarship to do his PHD and he was also paid monthly for 3 years of his PHD program. He had the best result in his masters in Nottingham University and targeted areas where he could get scholarships and then applied (he migrated all the way from Nottingham to Glasgow just for the scholarship grin). I think there are selected areas where you can get scholarships. you will need to get these information by searching online yourself (provided you have good results in your masters).

For friends who are doing PHD in Scotland, it varies on the School, but try and budget minimum of £10,500 a year (depends on the course and you must factor in other expenses such as bench fees etc) please note, it could be more expensive in other parts of UK like central London and Manchester

He did his PHD in University of Glasgow (Scotland). You can check other schools in Uk for the cheapest options. Please note, University of Glasgow is a very expensive school to study if you are not on scholarship.

Accommodation varies but i think Scotland has the cheapest accommodation rate in Uk (this is based on my own empirical evidence...i could be wrong) you can get like £300 for a room in Scotland and that is like 135,000 naira at the rate of 450.

you can work as a teaching assistant but for only 20hrs which will be on your visa.

I don't think it is that difficult to get the visa, just check the rules. I make bold to say that in comparison with canada and USA, Uk student visa should be the easiest to get provided you meet all requirements.

Bro, this is based on the airline you use. I think you can check this up yourself.

I will be honest with you, Lecturing jobs for foreigners that are PHD holders here in Scotland are quite difficult to get not impossible (also depends on your field). My brother finished his PHD since last year and the kind of job he got here in Scotland, was not too good for him pay wise. I think there would be better opportunities for jobs in England but the cost of living there is scary. He just got a Lecturing job in Naija (Federal University) and he is thinking of moving back to naija very soon.

Please also note, jobs are not that easy to get in all of Uk like before (you will need serious prayers and a good result and also a good school).As a PHD holder, you will be able to apply for an extra year on your visa (this is after you must have completed your PHD)

Just your qualifications, maintenance fees, etc You will adjust when you get to UK anyhow anyhow. Please note that it is not easy currently with the exchange rate wahala, most especially if you will be sponsoring yourself.

On a monthly basis, i can only speak for Scotland where i live and i am based. you could get a one room apartment for about £300 (bills inclusive) and for feeding, you should be okay with about £60 monthly (if you cook....i am also assuming you must have brought some food stuffs along with you from Nigeria). please convert yourself to naira (you can either check bank rates or black market rates). Living in UK is expensive and don't even think you can survive by working as a student.

Depends on the school you apply to, some schools will not need you to do IELTS as a masters student. Even if they need you to do the test, i see no reason why you should not pass the IELTS exam. you don't need GRE or Toefl (these are needed for USA student Visa's)

Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 2:32am On May 10, 2016
@ justwise. I've been called to attend another interview. Why exactly I don't know but I am not really worried. The first interview was quick and my answers were quick and direct to the point. I was just wondering if I should employ the same tactics here or really go into details. I am not scared of either cos I didn't lie on my application at all. Just want to know which way to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:04pm On May 10, 2016
chupcake:
@ justwise. I've been called to attend another interview. Why exactly I don't know but I am not really worried. The first interview was quick and my answers were quick and direct to the point. I was just wondering if I should employ the same tactics here or really go into details. I am not scared of either cos I didn't lie on my application at all. Just want to know which way to go.

You will be fine as long as there is nothing fraudulent about your application. Go and answer questions as honest as possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.