Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339524 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:01am On May 28, 2016
fizzile:
Guys,please for maintenance fee,is it calculated by 9months or 12months. Will appreciate ur reply.

9months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:25am On May 28, 2016
justwise:

9months
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2016
Transformium:
@ Chilez and justwise

About wrapping up my application. Just a few more questions. Just dont want any errors.

1. I set my arrival date as 2nd January. Hope this doesnt mean i can't travel b4 that date once i get my visa?

2. There is a part on the Tier 4 section where it says " please provide details on how you have been accessed as a sponsor"

3. My elder sister is sponsoring me, would it be right to use her bann statements or do i have to move funds. Plus she is based in the uk
Hey bro, how u doing? Wana keep intouch with you please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2016
nuraig:
Anybody planning to go to Coventry University
this spring?
Yes Iam. R u planning to go to Coventry too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2016
estateallen:
Can I get your number or email Address please ? I am in Coventry UK . Cheers
Hey Estateallen, i'll be coming to coventry...can i get ur mail? will like to keep intouch with u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 1:34pm On May 30, 2016
I hear that.......

School accommodations in UK are expensive, but it's possible to pay for it via Form A(which is the official rate) .
Staying off camp is cheaper but no access to form A, which means an exchange rate of N420 to 1 pound.

So on the nut shell, which is a better option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Luggi007(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2016
Helo house....justwise, chupcake, olowoB and other gurus.

This might not be the right thread to come but i believe i can still get some helpful infos from you guys.

I want to know how i can make payment for IELTS for UKVI lagos center without need to travel, i reside in PH.

Secondly, will i still have enough time for other stuffs like makin deposit payment, other baking issues and visa proces if im to sit for the exam on june 25, and resumption is in september.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2016
Luggi007:
Helo house....justwise, chupcake, olowoB and other gurus.

This might not be the right thread to come but i believe i can still get some helpful infos from you guys.

I think it is the right thread to ask the questions.

I want to know how i can make payment for IELTS for UKVI lagos center without need to travel, i reside in PH.

To be honest, i am not too sure but you can call the office directly to ask if you can make bank payments (i think this should be possible) or anyone ho just did the exam on here can make other suggestions.

Secondly, will i still have enough time for other stuffs like makin deposit payment, other baking issues and visa proces if im to sit for the exam on june 25, and resumption is in september.

You did not say if you are going for your masters...some schools don't need IELTS for masters provided you had a good result in your WAEC.

Also,applying for admission to the UK is free and usually the school should give you a conditional offer within 1 week depending on how fast the school is once you apply for admission.

It is still very possible to apply this September depending on how fast you are in your next step.

I will suggest you make up your mind fast. If you decide to go this September, Have your maintenance fees in your account latest by 1st of july so that immediately, the 28 days will start counting and by the time your IELTS result is out (if the school says it is necessary), you will just submit both your IELTS result, statement of account and pay school fees and then you will be given an unconditional offer and your CAS. you will then fill the application form and pick a date for interview. if you are already running out of time, you can just pay for priority visa processing.

Make up your mind and take the next step fast

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2016
Guys, if u r planning to pay for your tuition using the Form A, please act fast before the exchange rate increases beyond what it is currently. I actually paid mine today and it was paid at the rate of 300naira for 1 pound. Seems the CBN has given instructions regarding exchange rates. Its so annoying. Please try and act fast if you have intentions of using Form A.
Almost got discouraged when the man kept asking me unnecessary questions regarding why i want to study abroad. He claimed he actually took a study leave from his work place as a banker and studied in the UK for his masters and he came back to Nigeria. That he is currently doing his MBA in Unical. That what's my gain going to the UK to study when we have good education here. That i want to go and damage my dad's money. I felt so demoralized. But i had to summon courage goals i have a goal. Tried not to allow all he said to get at me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DareFadi(f): 2:04pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=fizzile post=46137915]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2016
fizzile:
Guys, if u r planning to pay for your tuition using the Form A, please act fast before the exchange rate increases beyond what it is currently. I actually paid mine today and it was paid at the rate of 300naira for 1 pound. Seems the CBN has given instructions regarding exchange rates. Its so annoying. Please try and act fast if you have intentions of using Form A.
Almost got discouraged when the man kept asking me unnecessary questions regarding why i want to study abroad. He claimed he actually took a study leave from his work place as a banker and studied in the UK for his masters and he came back to Nigeria. That he is currently doing his MBA in Unical. That what's my gain going to the UK to study when we have good education here. That i want to go and damage my dad's money. I felt so demoralized. But i had to summon courage goals i have a goal. Tried not to allow all he said to get at me.

Fizzle, after paying at the rate of 300 naira to a pound, did you pay any other bank charges? and which bank did you use? I think this details will help other students who are interested.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2016
OlowoB:

Fizzle, after paying at the rate of 300 naira to a pound, did you pay any other bank charges? and which bank did you use? I think this details will help other students who are interested.
Yeah they will take the charges. Didn't really ask about the charges. When u get there,u the request for form A,then dey will direct u to d pesin incharge. Then he will request for ur conditional offer letter,ur photocopy of ur degree certificate, details of payment, then if the money is in ur account,u will provide ur account details and ur bvn number,den ur id card ( could be voters' card, drivers' licence or national id card). He or she will then fill the form and attach copies of all dos tnz I have listed. That's all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:59pm On May 31, 2016
fizzile:
Yeah they will take the charges. Didn't really ask about the charges. When u get there,u the request for form A,then dey will direct u to d pesin incharge. Then he will request for ur conditional offer letter,ur photocopy of ur degree certificate, details of payment, then if the money is in ur account,u will provide ur account details and ur bvn number,den ur id card ( could be voters' card, drivers' licence or national id card). He or she will then fill the form and attach copies of all dos tnz I have listed. That's all.

Good one. If with the charges altogether makes it 300 naira to a pound, i don't think that is really a bad deal.

For students coming over to UK to study, i think the Form A is still the best option.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2016
chucksbadt:
I hear that.......

School accommodations in UK are expensive, but it's possible to pay for it via Form A(which is the official rate) .
Staying off camp is cheaper but no access to form A, which means an exchange rate of N420 to 1 pound.

So on the nut shell, which is a better option?

The choice is yours bro, do the calculations yourself and make a choice.

Also note, if you are using school accommodation, you are going to be bound to them by a contract.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:14pm On May 31, 2016
For those who intend to use ATMs in UK, I advice you to use Standard Chartered Bank.
I got this from www.abokifx.com. Hope it helps.
31/05/16 UK FBN N476 GBP
31/05/16 UK GTB N479 GBP
31/05/16 UK S.Chartered N432 GBP
*Invariably, GTB is charging 479 while Standard Chartered is charging 432 for atm withdrawals.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MEREIJE2: 3:50pm On May 31, 2016
aylagos:
I hope to study in uk, and I knw God will make it happen one day. Even at 30 now have loose hope I know it will happen. I love uk just for study. @justwise kudos to you and continue the good work I also hope to see u one day.

pls i need help in the area of international pasport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2016
MEREIJE2:

pls i need help in the area of international pasport

Get application form
Fill out form
Pay fee
Pick up passport

How simple is that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 6:07pm On May 31, 2016
fizzile:
Almost got discouraged when the man kept asking me unnecessary questions regarding why i want to study abroad. He claimed he actually took a stud
y leave from his work place as a banker and studied in the UK for his masters and he came back to Nigeria. That he is currently doing his MBA in Unical. That what's my gain going to the UK to study when we have good education here. That i want to go and damage my dad's money. I felt so demoralized. But i had to summon courage goals i have a goal. Tried not to allow all he said to get at me.

Pls which bank did you use? Thanks I went to GTBank today to try and pay and was told it would take btw 2weeks to a month to process the payment thats why i was wondering which bank you used and within how many days/weeks would the school receive the payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2016
MrsF:

Pls which bank did you use? Thanks I went to GTBank today to try and pay and was told it would take btw 2weeks to a month to process the payment thats why i was wondering which bank you used and within how many days/weeks would the school receive the payment
Well I made use of Union Bank where I have an account. The guy went straight to his system,scanned every necessary document,and started d processing. Don't know how long it will take shaa. It all depends on your bank. U need to act fast,cos the CBN is planning to withdraw anytn Form A.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chucksbadt(m): 7:11pm On May 31, 2016
OlowoB:

The choice is yours bro, do the calculations yourself and make a choice.

Also note, if you are using school accommodation, you are going to be bound to them by a contract.

Thanks for the reply bro.
What do you mean by being bound to them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:19pm On May 31, 2016
Please guys, i still need some info from you guys. I believe it will be of help to others too. Will appreciate answers to the following:
1. Please now that most banks have started withdrawing the use of debit cards for International transactions, whats the alternative if one travels out and how best can one access his or her maintenance fee? How then can one have access to the money in his or her Naija bank account?
2. Please i might be a novice but it won't be a bad idea if i asked this. Please can someone please explain what domiciliary account is. Whats the use of it to a student travelling to the UK for studies. I will admit that i don't know what it is.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2016
chucksbadt:

Thanks for the reply bro.
What do you mean by being bound to them?

You will be asked to sign a contract..... Could be 10, 12 or whatever months depending on the school. Once you do, you cannot leave until the agreed period on the contract has expired.

For example, If you sign 10months, you cannot leave the school accommodation until after the 10months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chupcake(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=OlowoB post=46134764][/quote]

He has said it all. Also have you tried making payments with your GTBank card. I paid for mine online but I heard they've started accepting bank drafts. You can also call them and ask if you can send the bank draft via dhl or so.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2016
chupcake:

He has said it all. Also have you tried making payments with your GTBank card. I paid for mine online but I heard they've started accepting bank drafts. You can also call them and ask if you can send the bank draft via dhl or so.

I think you were trying to quote me but i do not understand what you wrote. If you don't mind, explain better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by estateallen: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yes Coventry University College accepts entry into year 3 (final year) .. Your degree will be from Coventry University and yes they are a tier 4 sponsor.... Coventry University College is just a branch / outlet of Coventry University

Strawman:

Hello do you know if Coventry accepts Direct Entry into 3rd Year?

cc: estateallen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
estateallen:
Yes Coventry University College accepts entry into year 3 (final year) .. Your degree will be from Coventry University and yes they are a tier 4 sponsor.... Coventry University College is just a branch / outlet of Coventry University

Estateallen, I think you need to ask him to confirm Coventry university college status. The last time I checked, the college is not a tier 4 sponsor.

Coventry university is a tier 4 sponsor but not Coventry university college (the last time I checked, I did not find their name).

Now here comes the question? What will be written on his CAS? I know the certificate that will be given is Coventry university but is the college accredited? He needs to confirm very well.

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Itstyme(m): 2:02am On Jun 03, 2016
Please does anyone know about the credibility of GSM London? Affiliated to Plymouth University but I don't seem to find them on the tier4 sponsors list but they claimed to be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:46am On Jun 03, 2016
Hey guys, how y'all doing? Please for those who paid their tuition using the Form A, please how long did it take for it to be processed, account debitted and confirmation gotten from your school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:52am On Jun 04, 2016
Itstyme:
Please does anyone know about the credibility of GSM London? Affiliated to Plymouth University but I don't seem to find them on the tier4 sponsors list but they claimed to be.

Bro if they claimed to be a tier4 sponsor, call them and tell them to send you the link so that you can check it yourself. A school that is really a tier4 sponsor will have no problems showing you proof. Make sure you see it yourself o to avoid stories that touch.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.