Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,162 members, 7,838,968 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1343567 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ayla1: 2:32am On Jul 04, 2016
U
Bourne007:
1) You both have valid travel passports so you good to apply for your visas. Once in UK, you will be issued a Residence permit card and you can always renew your passports at the naija embassy

2) Using your aunt's statement is a no no. If you have read previous comments about maintenance requirements, it clearly states that statements used must be in the main applicant's name or parents/legal guardian (with proof)

Cheers

I really appreciate your response. Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
chelseao:

Justwise thanks for the response, please what is the bank rate and any idea if banks are processing the payment cos the bank i used (first bank) keep saying they are not processing yet since this flexible rate was introduced, don't know if i should try another bank

I don't know what the current bank rate is but going by https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ its £370 which is what the embassy uses.

If first bank is not processing then try other banks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chelseao: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
justwise:

I don't know what the current bank rate is but going by https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ its £370 which is what the embassy uses.
If first bank is not processing then try other banks

ok thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 12:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
@olowob
I have a lot of gold jewelleries which I use and will be selling some of them before I leave in the coming months by God's grace. I already got some good deal from mallams because dollars is higher than it was when I bought them then,but I was told that it is costlier in the UK and that I should go along with them and sell them there and that it will also bridge the gap of currency conversion being that it is sold in pounds. Plz what is your honest opinion on this.

Cc . claremont, justwise et al
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dynamitehimself:
@olowob
I have a lot of gold jewelleries Plz what is your honest opinion on this.
Cc . claremont, justwise et al

Do you trust Nigerian baggage handlers, customs and officials enough to put this in your luggage?
Will it still be there when you arrive?

Have you checked import regulations for gold to the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marcdeco: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello guyyzz!hop you are doing happy...
I aam filling the onlin app and ther is a question about how lon I intend to stay in uk?what is the be answer knowin my postgra will last about a year?
Thy for your advices.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
marcdeco:
Hello guyyzz!hop you are doing happy...
I aam filling the onlin app and ther is a question about how lon I intend to stay in uk?what is the be answer knowin my postgra will last about a year?
Thy for your advices.

i will advise you to put the exact date of your postgraduate completion date as it is on your CAS and Admission letter. don't worry, UK embassy will add extra months for you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Justyce(m): 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
justwise I have this question about submitting my original degree certificate to the embassy.. how long is it going to stay with them and why? hope is not gonna get lost? meanwhile if it is for verification, how do they do their verification of genuinty of cert? thanks for you quick response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marcdeco: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
udemski:

i will advise you to put the exact date of your postgraduate completion date as it is on your CAS and Admission letter. don't worry, UK embassy will add extra months for you

Thx for this man!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2016
worry359:

Do you trust Nigerian baggage handlers, customs and officials enough to put this in your luggage?
Will it still be there when you arrive?

Have you checked import regulations for gold to the UK?

If at all it will be in my hand luggage and its not as much as the commercial type.not a box of gold just normal jewelry so no import or export issues it is termed personal effect.
Thanks for the contribution.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 12:46am On Jul 07, 2016
Justyce:
justwise I have this question about submitting my original degree certificate to the embassy.. how long is it going to stay with them and why? hope is not gonna get lost? meanwhile if it is for verification, how do they do their verification of genuinty of cert? thanks for you quick response.

Do you mean you don't want to submit your certificates? bro you are funny.

How long and why? It is a rule that you must submit Originals and it will be with them until the day you are given your visa. They have every right to demand whatever it is they want since you are the one that came to them that you want to go to their country.

Will it get lost? why are you thinking negative? For every document they collect from you, they always note it down. If it gets lost, sue them. Them go find am by force.

Genuinty/Verification? If it is original, they will know. I guess they also have ways to verify its genuineness.Your documents will be with them for 15 days (i am sure it won't just be playing with them) and also remember these Visa officers have years of experience and they can tell if it is genuine. Why are you even bothered about this? Do you plan to submit Oluwole to them?

All the best bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2016
Hello House,

Please if I pay for express or fast track visa application in Ikeja VAC. How many days will it take for my visa to be out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2016
Justyce:

They will return your original certificate and they will hold it until decision is made about your application.

I don't know how they do their verification but they know how to fish out fake document.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello pals, pls kindly direct me on which bank to use and how to pay for my IHS and Visa fee, as I am in a dilemma right now.

CC. Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello House,

Please if I pay for express or fast track visa application in Ikeja VAC. How many days will it take for my visa to be out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
Timm:
Hello House,

Please if I pay for express or fast track visa application in Ikeja VAC. How many days will it take for my visa to be out? I need your response please.
I have heard pple on the thread say fast track service take between 3-5 days, all things been equal....

Pls how did u pay your visa fee and IHS fee...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
I havent done that yet, am waiting for my maintenance money to clock 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 9:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello House, can anyone confirm to me that I can spend part of the maintenance fee once the statement is printed before the visa issue. REGARDS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Timm: 7:15am On Jul 09, 2016
cuteemperor:

I have heard pple on the thread say fast track service take between 3-5 days, all things been equal....

Pls how did u pay your visa fee and IHS fee...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cuteemperor(m): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Hello House, can anyone confirm to me that I can spend part of the maintenance fee once the statement is printed before the visa issue. REGARDS

I would advice you wait till after the visa is issued, as the visa office would most likely verify all your submitted documents and claims before issuing you a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2016
Thanks cuteempror,
I thought of that as well but a friend told me I can take part of the money because they will only verify the genuity of the bank statement but not the balance.

If I can hear from anyone that had done that and the visa was issued or denied, I would be more than happy because I want to pay for my IHS and application fee from the money.
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Risky!
The visa officer might check your account balance (they have ways of doing this.)
Wait until your visa is out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Thanks cuteempror,
I thought of that as well but a friend told me I can take part of the money because they will only verify the genuity of the bank statement but not the balance.

If I can hear from anyone that had done that and the visa was issued or denied, I would be more than happy because I want to pay for my IHS and application fee from the money.
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Thanks cuteempror,

Cheers

There are many people who have removed the money from the account after 28 days and used part of the money to pay for visa and IHS fees and YES they got their visa (intact i have a cousin who did that just this year). What the home office states is that the money should be in the account for 28 days and the statement printed should be used within 31 days for your visa application.

If you do not have any other money to pay for your visa and IHS fees, once the money completes 28 days, print out the statement and then use out of the money but make sure you use the statement printed out within 31 days for your visa application.

Also please make sure you carry out transactions on your account. what o mean is that don't just put the maintenance money in the account and print it out like that. Carry out 1 or 2 transactions on the account before printing out the statement but make sure the money does not in any way go below the required amount.

All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Thanks cuteempror,

Cheers

You will only get away with that if the embassy did not call your bank to ask for the last transaction in that account.

I think it happened to somebody here 2yrs ago or so where the embassy asked the person to resubmit current bank statement unfortunately the person has withdrew some of the money then.

If you can avoid touching that money until your visa comes out AND the Ukba specifically stated that the money should be available to you in the UK, so its not just the 28days.

Like cuteemperor said its risky, but the choice is yours.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
justwise:

You will only get away with that if the embassy did not call your bank to ask for the last transaction in that account.

I think it happened to somebody here 2yrs ago or so where the embassy asked the person to resubmit current bank statement unfortunately the person has withdrew some of the money then.

If you can avoid touching that money until your visa comes out AND the Ukba specifically stated that the money should be available to you in the UK, so its not just the 28days.

Like cuteemperor said its risky, but the choice is yours.

Good luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Eniakii: 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
Thanks @ olowoB and justwise

you guys are wonderful withloads of info on this visa thing. I get the details and hope that God guide me in my decision. If I have my way I wouldn't want to touch the money ooooo.

Otherwise, I might but with lots of prayer and fasting. lol, naija thinking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
Eniakii:
Thanks @ olowoB and justwise

you guys are wonderful withloads of info on this visa thing. I get the details and hope that God guide me in my decision. If I have my way I wouldn't want to touch the money ooooo.

Otherwise, I might but with lots of prayer and fasting. lol, naija thinking

[b]Sorry if i gave a wrong impression, you asked if we knew those who have done so before and gotten their visa, YES i know lots of them but if you have been following my comments on this UK student Travel section, i always ask people to leave money in the bank account even after printing the bank statement till after they get their visa (check the previous page) because it is better to be safe than sorry.

But if you do not have money again to pay for your IHS and visa fees after fixing the money into the account for 28 days and you are running out of time and no money else where, will i say you should cancel the whole process? NO.

I called my cousin just now (just to be sure), she did the same thing cos she was also stranded and ran out of cash, after printing the 28 days statement, she used out of the money to pay IHS fees and Visa application fees.Would i advise someone to also do this? NO but if you are short of cash like you said and no other option, YES. You have broken no rule.

Also note that for all this VISA applications, there are always exceptions and that is why i always advise for people to go for the safest route and if that is not possible, then you can do what others have also done (guided by the law) and pray. Home office only says show the money in the account and the money should be available for the duration of stay in UK. The reason why they are saying the statement should be used within 31 days for visa application is their own way of making sure that the money is still freshly available.

I wish you all the best.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by darkseidpete: 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello pls need someone to verify my docs if am good to go or need to add anyhting
1. CAS
2. Documents listed in CAS
3. TB Test Result

not sure about this part.
4. School Fess + maintenance fees ( sponsored by parents so am using my parents bank statements and adding my birth certificate )
I dont really know how the 28 day rule will apply here. Need help here.

Questions I need answered are should I add my bank statement if am being 100% percent by my parents and also do i need to pay my school fees before applying for the visa. Answers will be much appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.