Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339115 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 6:43am On Jun 23, 2016
MrsF:

After i was debited 2 weeks ago all they said was wait this is the 3rd week and now they said everything is on hold till the new rates are announced. Called today same response theres no need to call the school cos you would have received a telex copy if
the school has received the money
Sup Mrs F, have u gotn a telex copy from the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2016
obynwanyioma:
Hi, did d charge u @ cbn rate when u filled the form?
It was around 280+. But I'm yet to get the telex copy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2016
obynwanyioma:

Sup Mrs F, have u gotn a telex copy from the bank?
This delay is getting serious ooo. I haven't gotten a telex copy aswell. Please how long does it take to get a telex copy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2016
MrsF:

That is the part i dont understand ending no more than 31 days prior to the date of your application does that mean you have only 3 days to apply from the day you print your bank statement
I got a mail from my school this morning stating the steps I have to take to get ready for application.
FAQS
'Bank statements CANNOT be more than 31days old on the date you make your application.'

So you're right,we have just 3 days to apply from printing the bank statement. I just understood this too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2016
mcstar:

I got a mail from my school this morning stating the steps I have to take to get ready for application.
FAQS
'Bank statements CANNOT be more than 31days old on the date you make your application.'

So you're right,we have just 3 days to apply from printing the bank statement. I just understood this too.

Yes it can, after counting 28days you can printout your bank statement and apply a week, 2weeks or even 3weeks after

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mcstar(f): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2016
justwise:

Yes it can, after counting 28days you can printout your bank statement and apply a week, 2weeks or even 3weeks after
Ok. Thanks. Maybe it's just different for each school. Because, also in that mail, school said before I get my CAS, I have to send my financial statements to them first and if I don't carry out all these steps, they can't send a CAS to me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Most universities (if not all) now request for statements before issuing CAS. Reason being that the Home Office has set a limit to the number of students that can be refused visa per university in order not to lose their licences.

mcstar:

Ok. Thanks. Maybe it's just different for each school. Because, also in that mail, school said before I get my CAS, I have to send my financial statements to them first and if I don't carry out all these steps, they can't send a CAS to me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Jun 23, 2016
mcstar:

That is not part of HomeOffice visa requirement but an individual school policy because many people presented 'build account' just to get a visa then get to the UK and default on school fees payment. This is just to show HomeOffice that they did their part before issuing CAS to that student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Oanda today .. Doesn't look good guys sad .. Hopefully it will stabilise soon
http://www.cenbank.org/Rates/ExchRateByCurrency.asp

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hello house. Since the rate isnt stable does that mean one shouldnt start counting the 28 days. Another question is it ok to open a new account and deposit the maintenance fee ( tuition has been paid in full) or it has to be an account that has been in use for awhile.
I havent gotten my telex copy yet

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
MrsF:
Hello house. Since the rate isnt stable does that mean one shouldnt start counting the 28 days. Another question is it ok to open a new account and deposit the maintenance fee ( tuition has been paid in full) or it has to be an account that has been in use for awhile.
I havent gotten my telex copy yet

They will use the rate of the day you deposited the full amount, so whatever happens to the exchange rate after that day will not affect you and the 28days counting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
just spoke to my account officer ( Access bank) and he said that the amount debited from my account will be converted to dollars and paid to the school have no idea why it would be changed to dollars. He said the previous rate was 197.5 but as at today its 253 but they need to be certain before doing anything so he advised to wait until next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
justwise:

They will use the rate of the day you deposited the full amount, so whatever happens to the exchange rate after that day will not affect you and the 28days counting.
@ justwise thanks for your response can i go ahead and use a new account then or it has to be an account that has been running
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
MrsF:

@ justwise thanks for your response can i go ahead and use a new account then or it has to be an account that has been running

Use the account that has been running else you have to start counting 28days again with new account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Use the account that has been running else you have to start counting 28days again with new account.
The rate on oanda.com as of today is 412 to a pound when i started counting it was 280 so i have to strt over anyway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
MrsF:

The rate on oanda.com as of today is 412 to a pound when i started counting it was 280 so i have to strt over anyway

That is the rate the embassy will use to access your application and not 412.

This is nothing new and if you read previous part you will see many people in similar situation and they were not refused a visa.

If you want to use the new account and start over again then that is entirely up to you i can't convince you any longer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
justwise:

That is the rate the embassy will use to access your application and not 412.

This is nothing new and if you read previous part you will see many people in similar situation and they were not refused a visa.

If you want to use the new account and start over again then that is entirely up to you i can't convince you any longer.
Please how about me that the money has been there for over one month. The entire tuition and maintenance fee has been in my account for close to two months now,then i paid part of the tuition and was debitted two weeks ago the last week they deducted the bank charges. I still have the balance in the account. How will mine play out? Uptil now i haven't gotten my telex and not to talk of CAS. How will my own situation be?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by teekay213(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
justwise:

Congratulations!
hello,am applying for a uk student visa but the middle name on my certificate is not the one on my int passport.will there be any problem? can i use only surname and other when applying?THANKS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
teekay213:
hello,am applying for a uk student visa but the middle name on my certificate is not the one on my int passport.will there be any problem? can i use only surname and other when applying?THANKS.

Your first and last name(surname ) should be the same throughout all your documents but you can get affidavit from the court to support that.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hello Justwise

Now I am not understanding this 28days thing. I have transferred my tuition and Maintenance fee from my company account to my personal account since April. For my Uni (University of Birmingham) I don't need to pay any deposit until I get to UK, I already have my CAS. What should I do, withdraw the money from my account and pay it back to start counting 28days? the money has been in my salary account .

cc OlowoB
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
safex101:
Hello Justwise

Now I am not understanding this 28days thing. I have transferred my tuition and Maintenance fee from my company account to my personal account since April. For my Uni (University of Birmingham) I don't need to pay any deposit until I get to UK, I already have my CAS. What should I do, withdraw the money from my account and pay it back to start counting 28days? the money has been in my salary account .

cc OlowoB

How old is your salary account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=justwise post=46865148]
How old is your salary account?[/quote

Should be more than 3 years. I transferred the money from my company account to my salary account in April.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
justwise, sorry if i responded harshly at you. Just that my banker annoyed me today. Imagine i have been sending messages to him regarding the telex and all this while he's been ignoring me. Today i had to ask him why he is making it look like am bugging him. This young man replied me oo and was saying all sort of things...dat is it becos he gave me his number, dat if he has d telex,what will he be doing with it? the whole got me angry. All i expected was a polite answer.. that maybe the stuff wasnt ready. No vex.
cc: justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by aboyaji(m): 10:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Please, justwise, why would my post be blocked? I was only asking some relevant questions that would help me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Goodnews...pound is going down..its 394 now, I pray it gets to 300 in few days time grin smiley cry cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Jun 24, 2016
obynwanyioma:
Goodnews...pound is going down..its 394 now, I pray it gets to 300 in few days time grin smiley cry cry cry

The bad news is that the embassy uses oanda and it still 419 there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obynwanyioma(f): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
justwise:

The bad news is that the embassy uses oanda and it still 419 there
sad sad sad sad cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
obynwanyioma:

sad sad sad sad cry cry

oanda's rate will also change. Wait till next week and see wonders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.