Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,980 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1343572 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
darkseidpete:
Hello pls need someone to verify my docs if am good to go or need to add anyhting
1. CAS
2. Documents listed in CAS
3. TB Test Result

not sure about this part.
4. School Fess + maintenance fees ( sponsored by parents so am using my parents bank statements and adding my birth certificate )
I dont really know how the 28 day rule will apply here. Need help here.

Questions I need answered are should I add my bank statement if am being 100% percent by my parents and also do i need to pay my school fees before applying for the visa. Answers will be much appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2016
darkseidpete:
Hello pls need someone to verify my docs if am good to go or need to add anyhting
1. CAS
3. TB Test Result

4. School Fess + maintenance fees ( sponsored by parents so am using my parents bank statements and adding my birth certificate )
I dont really know how the 28 day rule will apply here. Need help here.

Questions I need answered are should I add my bank statement if am being 100% percent by my parents and also do i need to pay my school fees before applying for the visa. Answers will be much appreciated.

As for school fees, did your school not ask you to pay some amount before issuing you your CAS? you can pay half of your fees and the balance should be fixed along with your maintenance cost for 28 days.

You do not need your own personal bank statement. All you need is your parents bank statement showing your maintenance fees + school fees (if you have not paid or balance of school fees).

and also, let your parents write a letter clearly stating that they have given you full authority to use and access the money in their account for the duration of your stay in the UK. The letter should be addressed to the British High commission and should be taken along with you on the day of your interview, to be submitted with the other documents on your CAS.

all the best bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dopetv: 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello House,
I just got Admission into a School in the Uk. would I be Needing an IELTS English Language Test? For Visa Application

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2016
dopetv:
Hello House,
I just got Admission into a School in the Uk. would I be Needing an IELTS English Language Test? For Visa Application
Thanks

Pls check your offer letter, if its stated on your offer letter, you will need to write it, but if it is not stated on your offer letter you don't need to write
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2016
dopetv:
Hello House,

Thanks
Most schools will require you to have atleast a credit in English in your O-level.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 10:45am On Jul 13, 2016
darkseidpete:
1. CAS
3. TB Test Result

I dont really know how the 28 day rule will apply
here. Need help here.

I would say its safer to transfer the money into your own personal account since yu have your own and you are above 18 it would make things easier and not complicate your application atleast thats what most people here have done and have gotten their visas. Transfer the money and let in be in your account untouched for 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 11:30am On Jul 13, 2016
MrsF:

I would say its safer to transfer the money into your own personal account since yu have your own and you are above 18 it would make things easier and not complicate your application atleast thats what most people here have done and have gotten their visas. Transfer the money and let in be in your account untouched for 28 days.
MrsF does it mean its not right for someone above 18 to be sponsored by parents? Afterall there made provision for a parent to write a letter authorizing the students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2016
fizzile:
MrsF does it mean its not right for someone above 18 to be sponsored by parents? Afterall there made provision for a parent to write a letter authorizing the students.
I am not saying its not right just saying dont complicate the application. What harm will it do to transfer it? Just my opinion.Thats what i did wt my application and my visa was issued thats why i advised same. With a child student visa its fine i am currently applying for a child student cisa for my boys and its a requirement to write a letter of consent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coleva: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Guys, please which bank can one use now to pay school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
coleva:
Access bank is yet to give me a telex copy after almost 2 months so you can cross that out of your list of banks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by coleva: 4:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thank you but please do anyone know which bank presently I can use or better still an account officer I can open an account with and can help with the payment.

MrsF:

Access bank is yet to give me a telex copy after almost 2 months so you can cross that out of your list of banks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dopetv: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thanks For this Information!!!
udemski:

Pls check your offer letter, if its stated on your offer letter, you will need to write it, but if it is not stated on your offer letter you don't need to write
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dopetv: 6:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Thanks For the Info!!!
fizzile:
Most schools will require you to have atleast a credit in English in your O-level.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
coleva:
You can check Union bank. Make sure you plead with the person incharge to assist you process immediately. Establish a good relationship with he or she. Hope you are using Form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
MrsF:

Your telex copy should be ready long ago oooo. If possible request to see the Manager. If possibly complain and tell them you have no choice but to call the head office. They go fear. Am so pissed at how some of these bankers behave.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2016
Meehhnnn the pounds is beginning to climb like what i don't know. As at this morning, it has moved from 368 to 373. Which kind life be this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 9:47am On Jul 14, 2016
fizzile:
Meehhnnn the pounds is beginning to climb like what i don't know. As at this morning, it has moved from 368 to 373. Which kind life be this?

Beginning of good life for those in Great Britain and paid in Pounds Sterling! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nellaluv(f): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Hello @ OlowoB

please what if a student applying for college/Uni in the UK is underage like 17yrs, should money be lodged in his account or sponsors account? Considering the fact that his sponsor, which is his mum do not reside in Nigeria but in the UK.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2016
worry359:

Beginning of good life for those in Great Britain and paid in Pounds Sterling! grin grin grin
And bad life for some of us that have either started the 28days counting or about to start.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by geomustee: 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2016
I have been silently folowing this thread over a year now... I have been given admission at kingston university to study geology.. Through my HND to continue from 100 level.. Accordingly to kingston uni.. All undergraduate applicant will have there CAS without any prior deposit.. And secondly the school is asking for the account prove before the issuance of CAS. So my question is, is it advisable to apply for visa without any prior deposit. And secondly after using the account for my CAS. With the 28days rule.. Intact on it.. How long is it expected to hold on to the printed statement of account before applying for the visa.. More over i want to use my legal guardian acount details which is my sponsor.. What are the document do i need from my legal guardian to validate my relationship with him
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2016
Pls i will like to study and work in UK, pls who can help me how to go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2016
As at this morning, Oanda rate is about 371.279 for a pound. I just pray it stabilizes to about 365,370.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 11:17am On Jul 15, 2016
Surdycole2:
Pls i will like to study and work in UK, pls who can help me how to go about it?

Apply to schools
Pay fees
Get visa (pay)
Buy air tickets (pay)
Go study.
Simple!

I presume you have funds?
Read back through this section and study school websites to learn more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
worry359:

Apply to schools
Pay fees
Get visa (pay)
Buy air tickets (pay)
Go study.
Simple!

I presume you have funds?
Read back through this section and study school websites to learn more.
oook thanks sir, pls will £1500 will be enough for all these?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
fizzile:
As at this morning, Oanda rate is about 371.279 for a pound. I just pray it stabilizes to about 365,370.
Monitoring spirit!!!!!! Loll
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 2:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
MrsF:

Monitoring spirit!!!!!! Loll
Meehhnn no be small oooo before water pass garri
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
geomustee:
I have been silently folowing this thread over a year now... I have been given admission at kingston university to study geology.. Through my HND to continue from 100 level.. Accordingly to kingston uni.. All undergraduate applicant will have there CAS without any prior deposit.. And secondly the school is asking for the account prove before the issuance of CAS. So my question is, is it advisable to apply for visa without any prior deposit. And secondly after using the account for my CAS. With the 28days rule.. Intact on it.. How long is it expected to hold on to the printed statement of account before applying for the visa.. More over i want to use my legal guardian acount details which is my sponsor.. What are the document do i need from my legal guardian to validate my relationship with him

Yes, you can do that. As long as your school doesn't require any deposit to issue CAS, you don't have to pay in any money to them before applying for your visa. However, that automatically means that you must show your FULL tuition + maintenance fees in your account when applying.

Surdycole2:

Are you being real?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
@dannyabba.
That's not true please. You have to pay atleast the
first instalment on your offer letter to indicate that
you have accepted the admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
Surdycole2:
Its only possible when you have a miracle working G0D
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sirbantu(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2016
Anyone heading to Nottingham University September intake#lets link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sirbantu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
fizzile:
Its only possible when you have a miracle working G0D
Lol# if you want to study in UK.. You need to have your tuition fees + your maintenance fee which is around £9135 or more depending on where your institution is.
So my brother double your hustle and never give up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LGDON: 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Nice thread

I need some information

I heard the UK gov increase the maintenance fees last year November.
Normally before if you book a student visa appointment..
One has to show the remaining part of tuition fee and one month maintenance fees in an account.

But now they have increased maintenance fees to the number of months for the degree program.

Is it True?

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.