Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335851 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
fizzile:
Guys,please I have a question. It still has to do with this 28days counting period. If for instance on 1st of July I started counting my 28days counting at let's say 370 for a pound and had the require amount and let's say on 5th of July the rate increases to about 379 forcing the required amount to drop slightly and on the 25th or 26th day the rate drops to 368 thereby allowing you have the required for the 28days, will it be right to print your statement bearing in mind the amount has been in that account for the 28days needed and is in line with the exchange rate for that day. Please someone should help. How will it be calculated pls?
cc: justwise, olowob, and the gurus
We have said this many times.
Please read slowly and understand.

The visa officer will look at your statement on the day that you apply.
They will use the conversion at the ONADA site on that day to calculate your funds.
https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
worry359:

The visa officer will look at your statement on the day that you apply.
They will use the conversion at the ONADA site on that day to calculate your funds.
Oga easy naa. I am trying to grasp the whole thing. So they will calculate based on the rate as at the day the statement was printed,right? cc: worry359
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
He's referring to 'Date of Application' not day statement was printed

fizzile:
Oga easy naa. I am trying to grasp the whole thing. So they will calculate based on the rate as at the day the statement was printed,right? cc: worry359

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
worry359:

The visa officer will look at your statement [size=14pt]on the day that you apply.[/size]

NOT when you print the statement!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
worry359:

NOT when you print the statement!
This whole thing is confusing. Are you trying to say the day you apply for d visa is the day u must print? Even after the 28days have elapsed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bourne007:
He's referring to 'Date of Application' not day statement was printed

What am saying is if after 28days,I den print like the next day, u know there is a 31day window for you to apply for the visa. Does it then mean the VO will calculate based on the day u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
fizzile:
What am saying is if after 28days,I den print like the next day, u know there is a 31day window for you to apply for the visa. Does it then mean the VO will calculate based on the day u apply?

Can anyone explain "on the day that you apply" any more simply please.
I tire!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2016
worry359:

Can anyone explain "on the day that you apply" any more simply please.
I tire!
So how about the Oanda currency converter page which will be printed and attached as stated? Atleast justwise mentioned it sometime ago that one can print the page for the day the statement of account was printed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2016
Yep VO will calculate based on the day you apply (pay fees online or at the centre) hence termed date of application according to what he's said smiley

fizzile:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
fizzile:
So how about the Oanda currency converter page which will be printed and attached as stated? Atleast justwise mentioned it sometime ago that one can print the page for the day the statement of account was printed.

You only take your statement.
The VO will check everything themself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bourne007:
Yep VO will calculate based on the day you apply (pay fees online or at the centre) hence termed date of application according to what he's said smiley

I now get. That means even after the money has been in the account for the 28days and has been printed, the rate will be determined based on the day you apply. Thats serious.

Got this from the tier 4 guidance pdf file:
171. If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official
exchange rate on the OANDA website, which can be found at
www.oanda.com/convert/classic.
Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 07/2016 page 44 of 91
172. Where your funds are in a currency other than pounds sterling, the amount we
consider will be based on the exchange rate for the relevant currency on the
date of your application, taken from the rates published on www.oanda.com.

[b][/b]
Thats serious oooo..that means one must really be monitoring the oanda page for a suitable time when the rate will drop. definitely within the 31days window meant for application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
Or just put more money (say at the rate of N400) to be on the safe side. Today's rate is 386 but has been within the average of 370 for the last 2 weeks.

fizzile:
I now get. That means even after the money has been in the account for the 28days and has been printed, the rate will be determined based on the day you apply. Thats serious.

Got this from the tier 4 guidance pdf file:
171. If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling. We use the official
exchange rate on the OANDA website, which can be found at
www.oanda.com/convert/classic.
Tier 4 Policy Guidance version 07/2016 page 44 of 91
172. Where your funds are in a currency other than pounds sterling, the amount we
consider will be based on the exchange rate for the relevant currency on the
date of your application, taken from the rates published on www.oanda.com.

[b][/b]
Thats serious oooo..that means one must really be monitoring the oanda page for a suitable time when the rate will drop. definitely within the 31days window meant for application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bourne007:
Or just put more money (say at the rate of N400) to be on the safe side. Today's rate is 386 but has been within the average of 370 for the last 2 weeks.

Bros where the money dey naaa? lololzz.... grin grin cheesy.... if you lodge for me, i go still appreciate shaaa. M just hoping the CBN intervenes between next week and next month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2016
yomiselmer:

I did my T.B test on tuesday. though it said $130 on the website, when I got to MHAC, I was told to pay N26,250 to their standard chartered account. I did my test and got result the same day. lol...the doctor was scary, he asked lots of funny questions:

1: have you had cough in the past 3 months
me : yes

2: do you sweat while you sleep
me :I don't know, I sleep in A.C

3: have you been in contact with anybody with T.B in the last 3 months
me : How am I supposed to know that. I have been in contact with people, IDK if they have T.B

doctor : your test result will be out today, if any trace of T.B is detected, you will be invited for a different test which will take 8 weeks for they result to be out. If it turns out the other test confirms T.B, you will need to be treated for 9 months.

me: I was just praying throughout the day.
LOL, so T.B test is needed when applying for Visa
Explain more, the reason for the test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marcdeco: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
MrsF:

The money is meant to be in your account untouched for 28days i dont knw if it now matters that you still have enough even aftr paying yur tuition
Thx MrsF
Actually i want to pay the visa and ihs fees using the same account (not the tuition fees) before printing the bank statement as 28 days Is not due yet. There will be some transactions during the 28 days period but balance will still b higher what I need for my application.
Will there be a problem?
Thx for your advices.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
Cc: justwise OlowoB fizzile

I tried to confirm if it's true, using OANDA on my phone. I checked £9,315 which is N2,084,241 and £5,800- N1,297,756

I want to ask you guys, if these are the real exchange result using OANDA? And if that's the amount bank(s) will also recognise.

I will be grateful if you guys can tell me the result of those prices are correct or not.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

I tried to confirm if it's true, using OANDA on my phone. I checked £9,315 which is N2,084,241 and £5,800- N1,297,756

I want to ask you guys, if these are the real exchange result using OANDA? And if that's the amount bank(s) will also recognise.

I will be grateful if you guys can tell me the result of those prices are correct or not.

Thanks

What banks charge is changing every day, you will need to ask your bank on the day.

The ONANDA rate is used by the British embassy to check your funds
your bank might use something different.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oga justwise, its obvious you are deliberately ignoring my pms and my messages on thread, especially the ones you are being copied..even on other UK threads. Will simply let u be. If at all u feel I did smtn bad to u,why not call my attention instead of ignoring me. Not the best, but like I said,I will let u be.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Thanks
Oanda rate fluctuates. You can only be certain of the rate when its used to calculate your maintenance fee. I will advice you to use 380 or 385 to calculate. Do not use oanda rate to calculate your tuition. U can only use oanda rate to calculate tuition in a case where you have to show balance of ur tuition in your account for 28 days. To pay your tuition through the bank, you will use the bank rate and not oanda rate. Hope you grab.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Heichhhh: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hello everyone, new guy*, so basically I'm doing an exchange medical program me in uk and need tier 4.
1.I'm staying only 6 weeks , do I need the T.B test.
2. The account I'm using for proof of support is a family member's there but during the 28 days, it went below the requirement for a short while , the account is usually way above the amount and has regular income , should I still use it ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
fizzile:
Oga justwise, its obvious you are deliberately ignoring my pms and my messages on thread, especially the ones you are being copied..even on other UK threads. Will simply let u be. If at all u feel I did smtn bad to u,why not call my attention instead of ignoring me. Not the best, but like I said,I will let u be.
pele.. what exactly is the question...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
Heichhhh:
Hello everyone, new guy*, so basically I'm doing an exchange medical program me in uk and need tier 4.
2. The account I'm using for proof of support is a family member's there but during the 28 days, it went below the requirement for a short while , the account is usually way above the amount and has regular income , should I still use it ?

The account must be above the required amount for all of the 28 days.
If it dipped below you must start counting again. Or use another account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Heichhhh:

You need Standard Visitor visa and not tier 4 visa

You don't need T.B test or 28 days count

This link has all the info you need https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Whatamidoinghere:

Thanks

Oanda doesn't have fake exchange rate as far as i know, so whatever rate you got there is the real exchange rate of that day, they are normally the same with the banks but whether the bank will sell at that rate is a completely difference story.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Heichhhh: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
justwise:

You need Standard Visitor visa and not tier 4 visa

You don't need T.B test or 28 days count

This link has all the info you need https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa

The school requires tier 4, awaiting CAS number sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Heichhhh:

The school requires tier 4, awaiting CAS number sef.

A 6 weeks course?

Is the school an university or private college?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Heichhhh: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
justwise:

A 6 weeks course?

Is the school an university or private college?

The course duration is four weeks, medical elective (like exchange program sha), imperial college .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Heichhhh:

The course duration is four weeks, medical elective[b] (like exchange program sha)[/b], imperial college .

Oh ok!

No you don't need T.B test.

The money in that account must be enough for 6weeks start..that is a month and 2weeks.

£2000 will do. Check London maintenance money requirement.

The info is in first page of this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oga justwise, you are simply making it look as if both of us are having issues. Ignoring me is simply not the best. If you want me to leave the thread for you, I will simply do that. For weeks now, u just tend to ignore whatever I post or copy you for assistance,and I have mailed u asking what d problem is but you have been acting differently towards me.
My brother don't forget people are watching. All the same enjoy urself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Thank you all for your response. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oga @Justwise ... no lose one of your greatest fans oo grin

fizzile:
Oga justwise, you are simply making it look as if both of us are having issues. Ignoring me is simply not the best. If you want me to leave the thread for you, I will simply do that. For weeks now, u just tend to ignore whatever I post or copy you for assistance,and I have mailed u asking what d problem is but you have been acting differently towards me.
My brother don't forget people are watching. All the same enjoy urself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by tolam08(m): 5:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Hello. Pls I'm on the verge of studying in UK and I've been offered admission to which I've accepted and fulfilled the conditions attached to the offer. The only thing left is to pay a deposit of 1500 pounds or send a letter of sponsorship but I'm expecting a scholarship letter as a sponsor to support my payment which has not arrived yet. As for the required money that must be in my account for 28days... Can I withdraw the money after the statement is printed so I can use it to process my application and wait for the scholarship before resumption?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.