Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332964 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 12:15am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

I wouldnt advise anyone to rely on the form A right now cos this is my 2nd month and no telex copy.
MrsF, you mean uptil now you haven't gotten it? Wait. Tell me the bank, I don't mind calling the customer care, and mailing them as well. Just give me necessary details. First of all, have u been to the head office of late to ascertain what the issue is?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 6:53am On Jul 27, 2016
fizzile:
MrsF, you mean uptil now you haven't gotten it? Wait. Tell me the bank, I don't mind calling the customer care, and mailing them as well. Just give me necessary details. First of all, have u been to the head office of late to ascertain what the issue is?
Access bank they said no forex the exchange rate is slowly getting up to 400 just when my 28days is up in friday. Even wt an extra 200k in there. Is d embassy aware of this unstable rate so whats going to happen in this instance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

Access bank they said no forex the exchange rate is slowly getting up to 400 just when my 28days is up in friday. Even wt an extra 200k in there. Is d embassy aware of this unstable rate so whats going to happen in this instance
But you were debited,right? Thought you said you were debited. Have u been able to call the head office? I think you need to do something about this. The problem now is at d end of d 28days, what you have in ur account must tally with exchange rate that period. The problem now is even if u print out ur statement of account after the 28days, you still have to wait for your CAS before you apply for visa. So you still have to tackle dat too.
OlowoB can also share my light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2016
fizzile:
But you were debited,right? Thought you said you were debited. Have u been able to call the head office? I think you need to do something about this. The problem now is at d end of d 28days, what you have in ur account must tally with exchange rate that period. The problem now is even if u print out ur statement of account after the 28days, you still have to wait for your CAS before you apply for visa. So you still have to tackle dat too.
i used diamond bank form A and was debited a week after.. u might wanna try any of those listed banks on the new forex policy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 9:18am On Jul 27, 2016
elope:

i used diamond bank form A and was debited a week after.. u might wanna try any of those listed banks on the new forex policy
What new forex policy again hv u gotten yoyr telex copy from diamond bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2016
fizzile:
I got some1 in the Uk to pay the deposit of the fees so the CAS isnt a problem its just the rate that keeps going up that is a headache
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

I wouldnt advise anyone to rely on the form A right now cos this is my 2nd month and no telex copy.
sorry, please which bank did you use? stanbic has been assuring me that that they will do mine, but there is a queue and it is strictly on first com first serve basis. pls let me know, cos if i have 2 months worth of people before me, then i cant wait. I have waited 1 week atm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MrsF: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2016
yomiselmer:

sorry, please which bank did you use? stanbic has been assuring me that that they will do mine, but there is a queue and it is strictly on first com first serve basis. pls let me know, cos if i have 2 months worth of people before me, then i cant wait. I have waited 1 week atm.
Loll that is what they have been telling me too pls if yu gr yurs done lemme knw its Access bank all the top officials in the bank are sorting themselves out so no forex and i have been debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 9:40am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

the new policy that started last mnth na... the one that made banks to stop processing form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by fizzile(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

I got some1 in the Uk to pay the deposit of the fees so the CAS isnt a problem its just the rate that keeps going up that is a headache
My issue now is I need to send my statement to get my CAS and am still waiting for the 28days period. The worse aspect is that as at today, the rate has increased to 396 to a pound. Its not funny.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 10:32am On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

Loll that is what they have been telling me too pls if yu gr yurs done lemme knw its Access bank all the top officials in the bank are sorting themselves out so no forex and i have been debited
Okay, I will let you know. I heard keystone and Diamond bank are the banks to use for those in Abuja, as some students were able to get theirs in 3 days, my University (Northumbria University) agent also said they might have used their connections though, but it took them 3 days. Today, I decided to call stanbic ibtc head office it Lagos, and someone in the form a department took my details saying he would get back to me today (lol... I told him I would stop banking with them), but also said there is shortage of FX. I hope he calls back with good news. the maitama office in Abuja were I initiated the form a have been telling me it is at the last stage since last week wednesday. I heard form a from all branches have to pass through the head office. so i am just thinking it might make more sense to apply through the head office (although the bankers will tell you, they only need to e-mail head office, so there is no difference.)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2016
yomiselmer:

Okay, I will let you know. I heard keystone and Diamond bank are the banks to use for those in Abuja, as some students were able to get theirs in 3 days, my University (Northumbria University) agent also said they might have used their connections though, but it took them 3 days. Today, I decided to call stanbic ibtc head office it Lagos, and someone in the form a department took my details saying he would get back to me today (lol... I told him I would stop banking with them), but also said there is shortage of FX. I hope he calls back with good news. the maitama office in Abuja were I initiated the form a have been telling me it is at the last stage since last week wednesday. I heard form a from all branches have to pass through the hea
d office. so i am just thinking it might make more sense to apply through the head office (although the bankers will tell you, they only need to e-mail head office, so there is no difference.)
whqt course at northumbria uni
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2016
elope:

whqt course at northumbria uni

The green face is scaring me o. is northumbria not a good school?

Microelectronic and communication Engineering with advanced practice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello everyone, this is an SOS!
I have been trying to make my visa application using my Ecobank mastercard all day and it has been failing. Funny thing is that I have used the same card to make the IHS surcharge earlier today and it was successful.

Is anyone else having the same issues or has someone else had it. I am frantic as my appointment has been cancelled twice already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
Yababoy:
Hello everyone, this is an SOS!
I have been trying to make my visa application using my Ecobank mastercard all day and it has been failing. Funny thing is that I have used the same card to make the IHS surcharge earlier today and it was successful.

Is anyone else having the same issues or has someone else had it. I am frantic as my appointment has been cancelled twice already.

The thing is most banks have a daily limit, and you are adviced to contact your bank to let them know before paying. but to avoid the stress, most people just use a gt card which has a monthly limit of $2,000 and no daily limit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
It's a pity. I just called CBN, and they said since the new policy in june, they give the banks what they request for without delay, as long as their account is funded, and how the banks use it is left to them. they said I should just liase and plead with my bank, because CBN does not deal directly with individuals. It will be so annoying if these banks are using us to make money for themselves.

let me call my bank back and inform them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2016
yomiselmer:

The thing is most banks have a daily limit, and you are adviced to contact your bank to let them know before paying. but to avoid the stress, most people just use a gt card which has a monthly limit of $2,000 and no daily limit.

Thanks I was at the bank, in short I am in the same building with them and they said that I am not even close to my daily limit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Guys let me just drop this here, apparently naija is so corrupt ehn.... i just dey shake my head

My cousin just called me now and told me he would be sending money through Western Union. This is the deal, the person at the western union told him to come very early in the morning and he should get an extra person... so he would be able to transfer using 2 people. Then the subsequent days, he would get other people to do the western union for him. He will have to keep on getting different people (who must have a valid ID) to effect the payment for him till all of the money has been transferred to UK. and of cos, the banker will also collect change

So if you are thinking of getting cheaper rates outside Form A, try and find a banker you can get a deal with and also someone who is in the UK you TRUST to help you collect the money.

I honestly pity the change you people are experiencing in naija.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 2:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
yomiselmer:
It's a pity. I just called CBN, and they said since the new policy in june, they give the banks what they request for without delay, as long as their account is funded, and how the banks use it is left to them. they said I should just liase and plead with my bank, because CBN does not deal directly with individuals. It will be so annoying if these banks are using us to make money for themselves.

let me call my bank back and inform them.

I can tell you Loud and clear, the banks are using the money for their own gain. Read what i wrote above. Naija has a long way to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
OlowoB:

I can tell you Loud and clear, the banks are using the money for their own gain. Read what i wrote above. Naija has a long way to go.
The clue is above the door
It says BANK
not charity!

Did you ever see a poor banker?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
OlowoB:
Guys let me just drop this here, apparently naija is so corrupt ehn.... i just dey shake my head

My cousin just called me now and told me he would be sending money through Western Union. This is the deal, the person at the western union told him to come very early in the morning and he should get an extra person... so he would be able to transfer using 2 people. Then the subsequent days, he would get other people to do the western union for him. He will have to keep on getting different people (who must have a valid ID) to effect the payment for him till all of the money has been transferred to UK. and of cos, the banker will also collect change

So if you are thinking of getting cheaper rates outside Form A, try and find a banker you can get a deal with and also someone who is in the UK you TRUST to help you collect the money.

I honestly pity the change you people are experiencing in naija.

Paid my school fees yesterday and expecting a call for the telephone interview which they said started recently.I wonder what they want to ask. I tried most banks but a close friend of mine that works with gtbank said I shouldn’t bother and that the best option is to pay offshore like olowo just stated. People to pay using form A now you need high contact, even as high as a regional manager in the bank.Have you not wondered why Agents are doing it with ease and individual students are finding it hard. If you are paying your fees these period better think outside the box. Best of luck ma pple
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
worry359:

The clue is above the door
It says BANK
not charity!

Did you ever see a poor banker?

Of cos it says bank but why should bankers be using the whole forex for their own profit illegally? My cousin even told me that the banker has agreed to get people that he will use for the WU. The point is, it is illegal. The bankers are trading illegally.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlowoB(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dynamitehimself:

Paid my school fees yesterday and expecting a call for the telephone interview which they said started recently.I wonder what they want to ask. I tried most banks but a close friend of mine that works with gtbank said I shouldn’t bother and that the best option is to pay offshore like olowo just stated. People to pay using form A now you need high contact, even as high as a regional manager in the bank.Have you not wondered why Agents are doing it with ease and individual students are finding it hard. If you are paying your fees these period better think outside the box. Best of luck ma pple

@bolded, cos the agents and the bank workers are doing business together. Naija is in real trouble. some people have become overnight billionaires.

People who are selling pounds here in Uk have made so much money even third parties are profiting so much from the deal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
OlowoB:

Of cos it says bank but why should bankers be using the whole forex for their own profit illegally? My cousin even told me that the banker has agreed to get people that he will use for the WU. The point is, it is illegal. The bankers are trading illegally.[/b]

It might be immoral
but I suspect that there is no law that makes it illegal.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:

no telex copy yet. they said they havnt removed the charges. should i suspect those bankers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dynamitehimself(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
OlowoB:

@bolded, cos the agents and the bank workers are doing business together. Naija is in real trouble. some people have become overnight billionaires.

People who are selling pounds here in Uk have made so much money even third parties are profiting so much from the deal.

Hmmmm God help us.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
guys, so this morning, that I called the head office, they took my details and said they will get back to me hopefully with positive news on the form A. Now I just called customer care to rake about what CBN said. I hope I am not making things difficult for myself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yomiselmer: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
you know it could mean that the people my agent said used keystone and diamond bank to do their form A in 3 days are just connected, and it could take far longer if those banks are actually used. so my advice is do your research before dropping your money.
the sad thing is before dropping my money with stanbic, they were like

"It may not even take up to that 2 weeks you are saying, it can be paid in 24 to 48 hours, everything is subject to availability of FX, and stanbic is one of the best with respect to FX, i think the last time, we got about $60million usd from CBN, don't be worried, you have nothing to be afraid of"

After applying for the form A I have been asking when payment would be made, but every staff say:

"I am sorry, I can't advice you on that. your Form A is subject to avalability of FX, and once it is available, I am sure your payment would be made"

before dropping my money, they were all my friends trying to convince me not to take my money to another bank, but now that I stuck with them, they give me the "YOU ARE DISTURBING US" Attitude whenever I go to the bank. SO SAD
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by elope: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
yomiselmer:
you know it could mean that the people my agent said used keystone and diamond bank to do their form A in 3 days are just connected, and it could take far longer if those banks are actually used. so my advice is do your research before dropping your money.
the sad thing is before dropping my money with stanbic, they were like

"It may not even take up to that 2 weeks you are saying, it can be paid in 24 to 48 hours, everything is subject to availability of FX, and stanbic is one of the best with respect to FX, i think the last time, we got about $60million usd from CBN, don't be worried, you have nothing to be afraid of"

After applying for the form A I have been asking when payment would be made, but every staff say:

"I am sorry, I can't advice you on that. your Form A is subject to avalability of FX, and once it is available, I am sure your payment would be made"

before dropping my money, they were all my friends trying to convince me not to take my money to another bank, but now that I stuck with them, they give me the "YOU ARE DISTURBING US" Attitude whenever I go to the bank. SO SAD
verysad. it is well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yababoy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
Can anyone that has recently paid the visa application fee share which bank they used and which visa location they used? I have been trying all day to no avail.
Yababoy:

Thanks I was at the bank, in short I am in the same building with them and they said that I am not even close to my daily limit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Whatamidoinghere(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
MrsF:
What does MPR mean?

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.