Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School (700 Views)

Rogba Fayose Graduates From Covenant University (Photos) / Seni Saraki Graduates From London School Of Economics. Saraki & Wife Attend / Olamiju Omolewa Obanikoro Graduates From US High School (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School by marked10(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has criticized the Council for Legal Education (CLE) over its refusal to admit graduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) into the Nigerian Law School. Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has criticized the Council for Legal Education (CLE) over its refusal to admit graduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) into the Nigerian Law School.

Speaking with some members of the NOUN Law Students Association of Nigeria and other alumni of the university at his Hilltop mansion in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Obasanjo said he had written the CLE over the controversial issue.

Obasanjo, a two-time student of NOUN, said the reason given for the alleged restriction is baseless, arguing that he received physical lectures during his studies at the school.

“I’ve written to the CLE but it seems some people out there didn’t get it right," he said.

"They said the school of law is offering correspondence programmes and I said it to anyone I met that I graduated from the school and I am presently running my master and Ph.D in NOUN, so the notion is incorrect."

The former President said CLE's action will be resisted because it undermines the institution. He however urged the graduates to be patient with the authorities as accreditation is pursued.

Obasanjo enrolled at NOUN for a Post Graduate Diploma in Christian Theology at the university in November 2006, graduating in 2009 before returning for a Master’s Degree in the same field.

- Complete story and more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/09/obasanjo-blasts-cle-for-blocking-open.html#sthash.ZGLbFOu6.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School by MikelEleta(m): 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2015
Dis pics of OBJ on graduatn gown dou makes me smile. The legal profession jst lyk d Medical profession is a reverred profession xo I tink dose concerned must ve seen their reasons for wah dy did. Its nt enof for OBJ to blast on pages of Newspaper(Fashola in Mind). Since he said he has written let him follow up d issue. I knw som radical lawyers up der re stubborn xo he may not have his way. Anyway I hate discrimination of any kind so #NO TO DISCRIMINATION
Re: OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School by KingOfFTC(m): 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2015
Blast and Blaat
Re: OBJ Blasts CLE For Blocking Open University Graduates From Nigerian Law School by nzeobi(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2015
I wish that decision is reversed. It's discriminatory.

(1) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Passes On / Buhari Can’t Stop Us – MASSOB / Pastors, Others Jailed For Fertilizer Fraud In Ekiti..punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.