Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations (394 Views)

Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations / Count Me Out Of Threat To Blow Up Oil Installations- Tompolo / Militants Bomb Oil Installations In Warri, Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations by captainprogress(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2015
By Patrick Ochoga

Following the continuous neglect of the oil producing communities in the Niger Delta and the failure of the oil producing companies in meeting various agreements reached with the communities which resulted in the shutdown of operations of OML 30, 34 and 65, a group, the Niger Delta Progressive Forum (NDPF) has appealed to presidents-general of the communities to open the shutdown stations.

Spokesperson of the group, Hon Austine Ehi Atakpu at a meeting with the presidents-general of the communities that make up OML 30, 34 and 65 said the appeal was necessary to foster proper and meaningful negotiations with oil producing companies and governments.

The group stated that issues bothering on better life for the people of the communities are their core interest but cautioned that government must also be given due information and time to ensure the needs of the people are met.

Atakpu requested the presidents-general of the communities of OML 34 to open the shutdown flow station and allow full operations to resume while assuring that they should put together their grievances into a document which will be presented to the appropriate authorities to address them.

He explained that, “NDPF was formed over three months ago with members spreading across the oil producing communities in the Niger Delta region. It is not formed to make some few persons billionaires but to ensure that issues of negative impact of oil and gas production on oil producing communities are well taken care of.”

His Royal Highness, R. L Ogbon, Owhorode of Olomu Kingdom and Chief Eric Sagini, President General of Otughievwen community who spoke on behalf of the communities, said they were highly impressed with the visit of the group, adding that they are the people laying the golden egg yet nothing to show for it.

“It was this neglect among other issues that made us to form TROMPCON and HOSTCOM.” Chief Eric Sajini further stated that the Forum of Presidents-General of the area will put up a document which will contain all their grievances and send same to NDPF. He promised to reach the other members of OML 34 on the issue of the shutdown flow station for possible resolution.

“We are happy that people are rising up in the Niger Delta to fight against injustice done on us by oil servicing companies and the federal government. If you go to communities in the north where oil and gas are not produced, they have good roads and water, but we that produce the oil have nothing to show for it. I am happy that this group is made up of persons of high integrity who will nip the issues in the bud,” they added.

http://leadership.ng/news/458794/ndpf-mediates-over-shut-down-of-oil-installations
Re: NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations by olafum1(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2015
Ai cool
Re: NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations by yanabasee(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2015
Sai baba.
Sai Dauran-slow poke.
Sai I wail pass you.
Sai naija on one chance.
Sai I will probe the probables.
Sai I have lied and will keep lying.
Sai I be hypocrite.
Sai I corrupt pass GEJ.
Sai Amaechi cannot be probe.
Sai Atiku is a saint.
Sai Tinubu no sabi play politics.
Sai OBJ is Allah's grandchild.
Sai tongue grin
Re: NDPF Mediates Over Shut Down Of Oil Installations by ishiamu(m): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2015
You guy should not bring back militancy again ooo

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Falls Victim Yesterday. / I Know You Won't Read This / 800 Nigerians Killed In 100 Days Of Buhari’s Presidency- Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.