Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Bachelor's Plight (part 1) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bachelor's Plight (part 1) (869 Views)

How Do You Cope With Gossip Housewives As Neigbhours Being A Bachelor? / Life Of The Australian Playboy Bachelor / Present Ranking In Bachelor-hood, Where Do You Belong?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by sebastinedike: 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
In the beginning He said “this is the bone of my bones and the flesh of my flesh and gave her the name woman”. So many at times we strive as bachelors to overlook the fact that once there is cold it is only the married ones that enjoy it. But the worlds presents to us the oldest profession known to man, it has been standing strong for ages even up to the elderly practicing such professions. The modern world has diversified in the realm of employment into ‘departments’ why I used the word ‘departments’ is that the field is large and people are pitching tents in every square as possible. I, an eleven hours working idiot killing myself for no good reason as a micro biologist had the same plight ,the starting of the day was always a tip of what’s to come, waking up as early as 5:30am after a cold unadulterated night, getting up with a little ease and taking the first breath of the day to the sweat engulfed atmosphere of my one bedroom apartment, moving into the kitchen to boil water for the day’s hustle, I ruffled up the old rickety stove and wet up to the computer to check my mail. I had barely turned up the system when I got a message it ran ‘meeting with board of directors at 6:00am’ I jolted back to life as if I was been woken from a bad dream, in a nimble manner, I leaped out of my chair went into the bath room unconscious of the boiling water on the stove, turned on the shower and not minding that it rain then night before and the cold was treacherous to my whole being, it happened so fast that I was already wearing my shoes, turning off the boiling water on the stove and leaving through my door my 6:05am, I whispered to myself ‘what’s the rush sef them no go come late?’ got into a cab by the road and in less than ten minutes I was at the lab, greetings flowed from all directions and replies were faint, I was informed that the meeting had started at about 20 minutes ago. *** I was indeed late I went into the board room, smiled at the secretary and sat down, the chairman spoke up Mr. Jerry Donald you are late, very late to be precise. In a fidgety manner I said ‘I am sorry sir’ then he just signaled me the secretary to hand me some papers, I was bodily present but my mind went straying and I was thinking of the way the secretary smiled back at me, Chinwe, a first class graduate of business administration just wanted to work where she would not be noticed… (I always thought she was not a Nigerian because every Nigerian wants attention no matter what he’s/her qualification was)…Mr. Jerry! I heard a voice with such equanimity call my name I was immediately brought back to the meeting at that instance my stomach churned in side of me; and was…. The chairman called me once again and gave me a file to identify the income gotten through the lab tests I had conducted in the past six months, I took it and signed immediately. Work was supposed to resume at 7:00am and the chairman didn’t like to encroach into working hours, we adjourned the meeting for the following week. I went into the lab got out my laboratory coat to conclude the tests on the samples from the week before, I guess time flew and it was already 4:00pm and I looked out of the small window in the lab and saw a gloomy weather clement in the clouds, I just thanked God for such weather because when I get home I will usually soak myself into my bed and dream of floating ducks and pencils till the next day, I waited patiently for the closing bell, arranging my files and findings, clearing samples from my desk and doing unnecessary work in not more than five minutes into it. I was called into the manager’s office and he presented me with a letter and said just take it out and don’t say a word. When you get a white envelope with no description on it but just the companies name and some contact information it can mean a lot of things, it can mean a promotion, a raise (of which I was the worse employee for the past six months), a leave (of which I know I won’t get). Indeed where I got it all wrong was that…
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by missmary(f): 7:06pm On Sep 05, 2015
[/quote] is this a story
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by SexyStrawberry(f): 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
chai! wait lemme read this long note, I am coming back to comment
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by emmchi(m): 7:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
missmary:
is this a story
Must you quote the whole thread just to post 4 words.
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by missmary(f): 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
emmchi:
Must you quote the whole thread just to post 4 words.
M sorry

1 Like

Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by AdeniyiA(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2015
missmary:

is this a story?
...is this reasonable?

why quoting such a long epistle when u're even the first to comment?
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by missmary(f): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
AdeniyiA:
...is this reasonable?

why quoting such a long epistle when u're even the first to comment?
For God sake i already apologised... Lemme na
Re: Bachelor's Plight (part 1) by sebastinedike: 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
at least try to support a first timer.

(1) (Reply)

Out Of Six Girls I Asked Out, Four Are Single Mothers / Is Your Fiancé A Womanizer? / Feeling Guilty After SEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.