Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land (1426 Views)

Photos Of People Running Away From The Scene Of Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land / Photos Of People Running Away From Home Over Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2015
Have notice this thing among the igbos 85% of them
don't established their business on their soil.
They have to move to other region in other to succed in
their business.
Even with boko haram menace in borno some igbos re
still trooping there for business..
They left their Land to develop another region,

Anambra looks like the whole state is under
construction

Abia state have the dirtiest city in west africa

Ebonyi is like an abandoned state

imo state has turned to home for babyfactory, cultism and kidnapping business

Enugu- there is a community where 9 out of 10 people have appendix as a result of poverty

It's very rare! you u will see a man that leaves his comfort
zone to another to suffer when he have everything at his
disposal back home..

My question re igbos running away from their Land when
they claim they have everything..?

2 Likes

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by ibkgab001: 9:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
Their land is bringing bad luck to them

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by hakeem4(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2015
They cannot make it in their land !!!!
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by aylagos(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
Please stop all these hate thread of urs, since is not educative, just don't bring tribal topics on let live as one nigeria and my igbo brothers too should just ignore this knowing what the poster is looking for.

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Babalegba(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
their business.

construction

Enugu- there is a community where 9 out of 10 people have appendix as a result of poverty

disposal back home..

The questions you asked needs to be answered by the biafraudians

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ilekeh(f): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
Intolerance. In Yorubaland, they're more free.

Security. Security is bad in Nigeria, but the southeast is another thing. Nigeria might be an organized zoo, but the southeast is just a wild jungle.

Plus Yoruba men wink Who no like better thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by menix(m): 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2015
They re crafty people, they intend utilizing other pple's land nd lay it waste while their humble land remains intact..

The igbo's re so wise that we tend to jealous them.

I hate d igbo race.

Igbo's re flat head.

At the end the igbo man triumphs, re they god's.

Igbo kwenu, the OP bu arusi..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by coolitempa(f): 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2015
Poor flat.heads..... cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by coolitempa(f): 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2015
kindabigg: Among The Ibos Of Nigeria, GT Basden, London, Seeley, Service & Co, 1921

…The appearance of a crowd of carriers, with their spare frames, spindle-legs and cucumber
calves, often prompts the thought that the men must have recently experienced a period of famine. On the western side this is not the case. There the people are shorter and are of a stocky, thick-set build. They are disposed to be lazy yet they are passionate, and of a rash and fiery temperament, the result probably of an over-abundant supply of rich food……The shape of the skull repeats itself with astonishing regularity, this pecularity, perhaps, being accounted for by the process of moulding the shape of the head during infancy……Every town, and, incidentally, every family or household, stands by itself. There is no combination between town and town. Although speaking the same language, and in times of peace intermarrying with one another, the nearest neighbours are still regarded as strangers, e.g., the people of Onitsha and those of Opusi do not reckon themselves as of one tribe, though a distance of less than five miles separates the two towns.

See oyinboman describing ibo head...... wink

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
Why won't they run away from their cursed Land grin;DLOL.!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
coolitempa:
Poor flat.heads..... cheesy cheesy
why do you hate ibos so much?
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by SweetSoup(m): 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
Anoda tribal thread, oya let d nairaland e-fighting begin..
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by vicadex07(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
They troupe in enmass to southwest especially Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun states
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by obinechebede(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
the writer is not making good use of this site,talking about igbos in this place gives me a reason to ponder,but to be frank Igbos are too big to stay or live under the ruler of any tribe in Nigeria, we r in govt. in school in church in entertainment just name it, we r the source of development to the rural village of where this stupid writer came from. so pls call short ur mouth
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
The fact is that doing business in Igboland is very competitive, everyone has the energy and business brain. It's Igbos who are looking for a less competitive environment that often go to SW to outsmart the yoruba businessmen with less energy and business brain. Their easy success in business often attract envy and hatred toward them from their host, who often feel intimidated.

OP! Hope I have answered your question?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by coolitempa(f): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
kropotkin2:
why do you hate ibos so much?

This is very worrying........why do you think like this....do I hate ibos......
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by evatee(m): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2015
....with passion though i enjoy fuvkn dir ladies!!

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:24am On Sep 06, 2015
They are hostile to themselves. They thrive more amidst strangers.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:24am On Sep 06, 2015
evatee:
....with passion though i enjoy fuvkn dir ladies!!
Me too

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:13am On Sep 06, 2015
It's probably because they have an existing cast system, many of them are OSU outcasts who prefer to settle in other ppl's homeland, where they are better accepted than in their own - some even prefer the bombs and guns of Boko Haram than the beastly axis den of evil they used to call home.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Ilekeh:
Intolerance. In Yorubaland, they're more free.

Security. Security is bad in Nigeria, but the southeast is another thing. Nigeria might be an organized zoo, but the southeast is just a wild jungle.

Plus Yoruba men wink Who no like better thing.

Mumu like you....SE is a wild jungle yet 80% of Yoruba corpers are posted there...They fact is that they are moving to a region were indegenes are less competitive and a kind of lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by azimibraun: 5:57am On Sep 06, 2015
But the Op's is not entirely correct though.. If you based your argument on the population of traveling igbos that's ok by me. Yorubas are shockingly everywhere, Igbos, Hausas, and legendary Fulanis who ofcourse are normards. But to say just the igbos, I disagree. But with all these I will advice the igbo man to listen to Akon more because all this Mumu music won't help them.. " Make the money abroad and invest it back home" Akon. Igbo Man will invest outside and build an (unproductive) mansion he visits once in. Year back home. Anyway may be has Biafra at the back of his mind and think the house will become useful someday.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ilekeh(f): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
almajirimallam:

Mumu like you....SE is a wild jungle yet 80% of Yoruba corpers are posted there...They fact is that they are moving to a region were indegenes are less competitive and a kind of lazy.

Is corps placement voluntary? No.

Do Yorubas stay in that jungle after NYSC completion? No.

1 Like

Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by aresa: 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2015
Is this a trick question?

Who stay in a worthless and unproductive waste"redsoil"land?
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=Ilekeh post=37734930]

Is corps placement voluntary? No.

Do Yorubas stay in that jungle after NYSC completion? No.[/quote

Bros you comment as if your dungeon over there is more habitable. Aside Lagos which the whole 36 states of Nigeria troop into present to me a SW state were SE corpers remain behind after their service year.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ilekeh(f): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
[quote author=almajirimallam post=37768198][/quote]

Aside Lagos? Your people are found in all Yoruba states. If you disagree, give me hard facts.

Please no need to lie on a Monday morning.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by persius555(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
The igbos are business merchants seeking new grounds and opportunities. As far as china, not jus south west. Op, have u been sipping sceptic tank or what?
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ilekeh(f): 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
persius555:
The igbos are business merchants seeking new grounds and opportunities. As far as china, not jus south west. Op, have u been sipping sceptic tank or what?

Merchants go home at dawn.
Igbos don't. What are you running from?

No opportunities in the SE? Yorubas are business owners too dear.
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by kernel501: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
their business.

construction

disposal back home..

Slow down to avoid stroke, Igbophibia kills...
If Americans, Germans and Chinese are in Nigeria for business, or is Nigeria better than America and Germany? why ask Igbos?
Since you don't travel take a look at Igboland.
www.nairaland.com/2576371/eastern-neighbourhoods-streets-made
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ugomba(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by disumusa: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
persius555:
new ground in deed I.e

as small my town, those IBO residents their refuse to return nor travel home for years, in fact they name there children Yoruba name and claim indigenous, also forge certificate of origen for them
Re: Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

Aside Lagos? Your people are found in all Yoruba states. If you disagree, give me hard facts.

Please no need to lie on a Monday morning.

Doing business? Yes ....

(1) (Reply)

Folks, See As Nigerians Are Dying Of Kwashiokor Under Buhari's Administrations / BREAKING Abducted Former SGF, Olu Falae Regains Freedom / Nigeria: Debate Over Biafra Independence By Ibtimes UK (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.