Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land (10232 Views)

Photos Of People Running Away From The Scene Of Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / Why Re Igbos Running Away From Their Land / Photos Of People Running Away From Home Over Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by princdebola201(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Have notice this thing among the igbos 85% of them don't established their business on their soil.
They have to move to other region in other to succed in their business.
Even with boko haram menace in borno some igbos re still trooping there for business..
They left their Land to develop another region,
Anambra looks like the whole state is in under construction

Abia state have the dirtiest city in west africa

Ebonyi is like an abandoned state

Enugu and imo re only the decent states in south east

Is hardly you u will see a man that leaves his comfort zone to another to suffer when he have everything at his disposal back home..

My question re igbos running away from their Land when they claim they have everything..?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by casyrotts(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
sorry na question?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by boxiposhags: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
its true

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by boxiposhags: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
you wicked
casyrotts:
sorry na question?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Is well undecided

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by dunkem21(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
It is only a MAN that leaves his comfort zone in search of greener pastures.
It's glaring that you have never left your zone ..
..Landlord, travel and see ..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by otabuko(m): 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Whatever happened to ONE NIGERIA.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Felvet(f): 10:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
See sleepless night on Igbo matter.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by biafranking: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
princdebola201:
Have notice this thing among the igbos 85% of them don't established their business on their soil.
Even with boko haram menace in borno some igbos re still trooping there for business..

Is hardly you u will see a man that leaves his comfort zone to another to suffer when he have everything at his disposal back home..

My question re igbos running away from their Land when they claim they have everything..?
because we have dominated our ancestral lands and we want to dominate other pples ancestral lands by buying many lands frm your grand pa nd grand mum and declared it as no man's land in the future..

We have done it before the war and we shall do it again b4 the zoo fall..

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
No one knows, how will the villages develop?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
biafranking:
because we have dominated our ancestral lands and we want to dominate other pples ancestral lands by buying many lands frm your grand pa nd grand mum and declared it as no man's land in the future..

Funny but unreasonable assertions u made.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
otabuko:
Whatever happened to ONE NIGERIA.....

Funny thing is that hardly can any outsider get fully rooted in an Igboland. I don't blame them anyway, it is their cultural ways of life that makes them that way.
But people can actually decide to evolve sha.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by kettykin: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
The title of the thread should have been why are Nigerians not allowing igbos leave to their country.
We all know that there are many Igbos languishing in jails all because they wanted to pull out of the country, more than 3 million igbos were starved to death because of their love for biafra. The nigerian government is busy stopping radio biafra from mobilisation of igbos for their country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by ibedun: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
biafranking:

Delusion of grandeur. Most of you are losing your identity on a daily basis and will be trapped in Yoruba land in a short while from now.

As Yorubas begin to hustle, and begin to compete in their father land they will begin to demand and repossess the space currently occupied by Igbos. Tension and hostility will follow. and in the end the strangers have to vacate.

For the sake of peace and to avert future conflict Igbos should go and develop their territory. I don't mean go and build house or mansions but go and create political and economic and sovereignty of Igboland.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
I know the OP's name so well. Na anti-igbo. So no need to take him serious. If you check his threads, its always about igbos. And if you see the tout picture you go know sey him get permanent cholera and yellow fever.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by biafranking: 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
ibedun:

Delusion of grandeur. Most of you are losing your identity on a daily basis and will be trapped in Yoruba land in a short while from now.

As Yorubas begin to hustle, and begin to compete in their father land they will begin to demand and repossess the space currently occupied by Igbos. Tension and hostility will follow. and in the end the strangers have to vacate.

For the sake of peace and to avert future conflict Igbos should go and develop their territory. I don't mean go and build house or mansions but go and create political and economic and sovereignty of Igboland.
what re you saying? Yur stvpid broda opened a thread asking for our own opinions and i gave him the answer to his questions and yu re there preaching what i dont understand..

Anyway i owe the op no explanation cos lagos belongs to eguns...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by francbadoo: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2015
I keep on searching for unconditional love everywhere I go. Black 'n' white, Black 'n' Black, White 'n' white. Where is the love
Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by WIZGUY69(m): 1:19am On Aug 22, 2015
princdebola201:

ANSWER: Because there is nothing in Biafra land, there never do well land is erosion ravaged.
parasitic iboe people.
the only tarred road in Ebonyi state is the road leading to government house. abakiliki.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by naijaking1: 1:47am On Aug 22, 2015
princdebola201:

At first, you attracted big laughs, then I said 'maybe he really doesn't know'
You remember the One Nigeria slogan of Gowon, OBJ,and Danjuma
You remember how your people diverted all the money meant to develop and reconstruct eastern Nigeria to building a mega city out of Lagos?
You remember how your government moved all jobs from the east to Lagos
Oh, BTW, don't forget how resources from the east was siphoned into One Nigeria

Unfortunately, your people who made these decisions for their own short term needs forgot the long term consequences of their policy. So, my friend, I say to you enjoy One Nigeria!
Igbos own Lagos Kano and other cities where they have toiled and trouble, and built from ground up---That's what democracy is all about.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by tonychristopher: 3:35am On Aug 22, 2015
princdebola201:

the way Yoruba reason sometimes baffle me ..OK let me teach you

it's called venturing out...no venture no success
fortune favours the brave

if British empire didn't venture out they won't be great
if Japanese Chinese American didn't venture out they won't be great
if the great Roman empire didn't venture out they won't be great

no group of people becomes great by staying in their tiny place as yoruba do ..that's why igbo is intimidating everybody with economic domination and that to Mr is path to greatness

the south east and south south economy is under igbo 90% so they need a greater chunk OG the north economy ..then share in south west economy ..as if today they have like 50% of south west economy

so you see the advantage of going out...if I were you...I will advise you to leave gbegiri at I amala and venture out

it make you brave ....learn to survive in strange land that is Spartan ...this us why they call some of you peeps cowards due to this mindset

landlord travel and see

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by tonychristopher: 3:44am On Aug 22, 2015
ibedun till then let's see but as of now let's dominate you economically and choke you ...don't forget that repossession won't be gotten on a platter so get ready for anything and the battle ground will be west now not east..then you will do with the after effects of battle

so ibedun think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by tonychristopher: 3:46am On Aug 22, 2015
tonyfrenzy:

Funny thing is that hardly can any outsider get fully rooted in an Igboland. I don't blame them anyway, it is their cultural ways of life that makes them that way.
But people can actually decide to evolve sha.

has ikpu nne GI evolved ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Standing5(m): 3:53am On Aug 22, 2015
Same reason Nigerins are running to Ghana. Where they come from is more nigerian than Nigeria is.
Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:12am On Aug 22, 2015
dunkem21:
It is only a MAN that leaves his comfort zone in search of greener pastures.

It's glaring that you have never left your zone ..

..Landlord, travel and see ..

Stop covering up. Igbo's leave their home because it does not give them comfort. If it gives you comfort, you won't leave. That is why you keep on shouting Biafra, but will never make moves to truly separate from Nigeria. I dont expect you to agree. You are a flaatheadd, so you must cover up.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:14am On Aug 22, 2015
biafranking:

NO, YOU DID NOT DOMINATE YOUR ANCESTRAL LAND; IT IS GULLY EROSION THAT DOMINATE YOUR ANCEETRAL LAND. GULLY EROSION SENT YOU PACKING FROM YOUR ANCESTRAL LAND.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:19am On Aug 22, 2015
kettykin:
The title of the thread should have been why are Nigerians not allowing igbos leave to their country.
We all know that there are many Igbos languishing in jails all because they wanted to pull out of the country, more than 3 million igbos were starved to death because of their love for biafra. The nigerian government is busy stopping radio biafra from mobilisation of igbos for their country.

You are actually lying and you know it. Nobody is stopping Igbo's from leaving Nigeria. Have you attempted to park your things down to Biafra and someone had tried to stop you? Have you attempted to move your family back to igboland and anyone had stopped you? Have you attempted to establish business in igboland and anybody had stopped you? So, yiou are lying. You people are staying by force because your business will never move in alaigbo.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:26am On Aug 22, 2015
naijaking1:

At first, you attracted big laughs, then I said 'maybe he really doesn't know'
You remember the One Nigeria slogan of Gowon, OBJ,and Danjuma
You remember how your people diverted all the money meant to develop and reconstruct eastern Nigeria to building a mega city out of Lagos?
You remember how your government moved all jobs from the east to Lagos
Oh, BTW, don't forget how resources from the east was siphoned into One Nigeria

Unfortunately, your people who made these decisions for their own short term needs forgot the long term consequences of their policy. So, my friend, I say to you enjoy One Nigeria!
Igbos own Lagos Kano and other cities where they have toiled and trouble, and built from ground up---That's what democracy is all about.

So, where did you put the ONE NIGERIA mantra when you were establishing radio Biafra? Where did you put the ONE NIGERIA idea when you were calling Nigeria a zoo? I hope you realize that accepting ONE NIGERIA automatically count you among the animals in the zoo? So, welcome, my fellow zoo dweller. And last time I checked, Igbo's are being murdered in kano. How come you can't protect yourselves in a place you claim to own?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:31am On Aug 22, 2015
@OP
Iboland is cursed. Nothing invested in that land can progress. Tell me any one thing put on that land that ever turned out great.... Nothing!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:31am On Aug 22, 2015
tonychristopher:

the way Yoruba reason sometimes baffle me ..OK let me teach you

it's called venturing out...no venture no success
fortune favours the brave

if British empire didn't venture out they won't be great
if Japanese Chinese American didn't venture out they won't be great
if the great Roman empire didn't venture out they won't be great

no group of people becomes great by staying in their tiny place as yoruba do ..that's why igbo is intimidating everybody with economic domination and that to Mr is path to greatness

the south east and south south economy is under igbo 90% so they need a greater chunk OG the north economy ..then share in south west economy ..as if today they have like 50% of south west economy

so you see the advantage of going out...if I were you...I will advise you to leave gbegiri at I amala and venture out

it make you brave ....learn to survive in strange land that is Spartan ...this us why they call some of you peeps cowards due to this mindset

landlord travel and see

But yu will agree that the way Igbo's "venture out" is pathetic for want of better word. You venture out with your wife, your husband, your kids,your parents and even your grand parents. Haba! This must be more than "venturing out"; it must be running out, probably because business does not move in igboland and the farmlands too are already taken over by gully erosion, coupled with some of you being labelled as OSU by your own people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:33am On Aug 22, 2015
Standing5:
Same reason Nigerins are running to Ghana. Where they come from is more nigerian than Nigeria is.

You will also agree that Igbo's form the highest percentage f Nigerians running to Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by Ugomba(m): 4:35am On Aug 22, 2015
@op. You are suffering from Inferiority complex, all your past topics are Igbo this, Igbo that.
. I am Igbo from Delta State, my state here is far better than 90% of south west states.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Running Away From Their Land by wadetaw202: 4:36am On Aug 22, 2015
tonychristopher:
ibedun till then let's see but as of now let's dominate you economically and choke you ...don't forget that repossession won't be gotten on a platter so get ready for anything and the battle ground will be west now not east..then you will do with the after effects of battle

so ibedun think

I fully understand, especially since gully erosion has dominated and choked you in igboland. Soon, the gully erosion will sweep away your grandfathers' graves. It won't matter anyway, since many of your grandfathers were OSU's and they shouldn't have been buried among normal human beings, but should have been thrown into evil forest.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SERAP Sues Health Ministry, NCDC Over ‘failure To Account For COVID-19 Money’ / Masari, Katsina Residents Hold Prayers Against Bandits / How Tinubu And Atiku's Activities & Parties Differ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.