Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG (519 Views)

FG To Probe Jim Obazee's Tenure As FRCN Boss / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Fg Appoints Heads Of Nta, Nbc, Frcn,von, Noa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by Buyeradvertcom: 11:30pm On Sep 05, 2015
The Director General of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Dr Ladan Salihu, has denied a report carried by an online medium, alleging that he was indicted by a panel over allegations of embezzlement before his appointment as Director General by the Jonathan administration.
In a letter to the editor-in-chief of the online medium, Salihu demanded that the organisation made a full retraction of the offensive publication, publish an apology in Vanguard and four other newspapers and pay him N50 billion damages following “the defamatory and malicious publication which gravely injured” his reputation.
Counsel to the FRCN boss, Rickey Tarfa, SAN, signed the letter.
According to Tarfa, contrary to the allegation that Salihu relied on the influence of powerful individuals to become FRCN DG, he had “a blistering and brilliant career which stated in 1979 during which period he had at different times worked in Bauchi Radio Corporation, Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Chief Press Secretary to the Military Governor of Bauchi State, National Broadcasting Commission where he rose to the position of a director and in fact became the pioneer Zonal Director, Kaduna”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/i-am-not-a-thief-frcn-dg/
Re: I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by joncom(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
interesting
Re: I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by Blakjewelry(m): 11:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Season of accusations and counter accusations
Re: I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
time will tell...
Re: I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by JuicyStar: 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Buyeradvertcom:
The Director General of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Dr Ladan Salihu, has denied a report carried by an online medium, alleging that he was indicted by a panel over allegations of embezzlement before his appointment as Director General by the Jonathan administration.
In a letter to the editor-in-chief of the online medium, Salihu demanded that the organisation made a full retraction of the offensive publication, publish an apology in Vanguard and four other newspapers and pay him N50 billion damages following “the defamatory and malicious publication which gravely injured” his reputation.
Counsel to the FRCN boss, Rickey Tarfa, SAN, signed the letter.
According to Tarfa, contrary to the allegation that Salihu relied on the influence of powerful individuals to become FRCN DG, he had “a blistering and brilliant career which stated in 1979 during which period he had at different times worked in Bauchi Radio Corporation, Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Chief Press Secretary to the Military Governor of Bauchi State, National Broadcasting Commission where he rose to the position of a director and in fact became the pioneer Zonal Director, Kaduna”. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/i-am-not-a-thief-frcn-dg/

Good
Re: I Am Not A Thief-FRCN DG by eleven(m): 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2015
I don't know if the man is innocent or not but that's the best thing to do to reclaim his name and integrity. Wish more people whose image is been damaged by the media daily follow same step if they are sure they are Innocent.

Whichever way we look at it, its very wrong for the media and the governnent to damage people's image without concrete evidences. Maybe when more people begin to sue we will get sanity in the media because as it is too many news and disclaimers with so much confusion in the air. We don't know what to believe anymore. Too many propagandas, its hard to tell which story is true or false these days.

Our media needs to be sanitized. Wish him good luck if he is really innocent.

(1) (Reply)

PIC: See How Refugee Crisis Is Embarrassing Europe / Fidelity Bank Appoints Two Executive Directors / The The Agony Of Osun Workers As They Cry, Save Our Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.