Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,946 members, 7,824,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE (28079 Views)

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. / Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Independence Day Cutting Of Cake: Jonathan Vs Buhari (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by chax100(f): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2015
Tsmooth1:

Empty vessels make the most sound.

I can see that you are a full vessel of sh:t!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by alexlee50: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2015
All these na story and the title is misleading. Jonathan has not asked PMB not to probe him, all they have said was that all investigation should be in line with the provisions of the law.In any case whoever goes to tell PMB not to probe GEJ does not mean well for nigeria.At the moment, no past government official has been jailed for any offence or any looted sum recovered from anyone.so let us stop demonising these officials before we take them to court.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Daplux4: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2015
I think mr president and his party APC are trying to foul nigerians to cover up their campaign promises, why will the present admistration be selective on who to probe.
Every nigerian wants to see all corrupt official probed be it Babangida, obasanjo, Atiku, orji kalu, Rochas, Amechi, Tinubu, fashola, mauzu
Etc
Enough of this joke

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by hinwazaka: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2015
i believe it's high time the Punch newspaper fired its writers and perhaps it's Editor. The entire article was a mishmash of old stories put together to posit a supposed inevitable brawl. If they don't have anything new_they should just think harder, before rushing to print Junk.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2015
timunstopable:

wot will happen

That is how dem niger delta millitants said if Jonathan doesn't win there ll be war

since May 29th wot happened nothing

If Jonathan goes to jail..I repeat nothing will happen other than Mama Piss carrying food to him in Jail

Enuff of all una empty threat no one is bigger than Nigeria and a New Sheriff is in Town

The same way you people boasted your new sherriff would end boko haram in two months!!! Well the ball is in Buhari's court let him dare!!!!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Forwetinnah: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

Mind boggling questions I tell you. I feel ashamed when I see the way we Southerners expose ourselves to ridicule. You also forgot to add "how Ameachi fought tooth and nail to bring Goodluck Jonathan's administration to an end. ..while people like Atiku/Tambuwal gladly stepped aside to let Buhari win". We indeed perish for lack of knowledge..until our political elites recognise that they're just pawns in the hands of the Northerners, i don't see this mess ending anytime soon. As a people. .we are just too selfish and 2 faced

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Mwseal: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2015
Mak I sleep
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Mordyb: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2015
QuotaSystem:

What will happen? What can you do/have you done now that PMB has decided to probe Jonathan alone.

Don't forget the Niger Delta is solidly behind PMB.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/boroh-promises-to-strengthen-amnesty-programme/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/182496-interview-jonathan-is-a-disappointment-ex-militant-leader-boyloaf.html
if you can believe this you can believe anything.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by focus7: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Why do you think Buhari has only been making noise only in the pages of newspapers for the last 3 months? He knows what will happen shpuld he go beyond that
This remind me of how your hero Asari Dokubo and other tanoid threatened that hell will let lose if Jonathan did not win the election, empty drums making loud noise, shukudi chest beater.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 06, 2015
May peace reign in Nigeria In Jesus Name.
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by soludo93(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2015
ijustdey:

if GEJ believed probing him alone will amount to witch hunting........

why didn't he probe the other government before him that he is now leaving the task to PMB to probe..... at least it's the government at hand that will choose who he wants to probe and from which time range he is willing to go

I love your bias, there's nothing more interesting than one routinely informed all that care that he's impaired reasoning. A righteous one has the choice to choose which sin to commit and the one to leave?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Themmiee: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmmm.. God will take control of this country. I believe in perfectionHmmmmm.. God will take control of this country. I believe in perfectionHmmmmm.. God will take control of this country. I believe in perfection
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by smuth(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2015
dre11:

This is one thing that the taniods and wailers won't want to hear..... The believe their alpha and omega was the best thing to happen to Nigerians after he has almost destroyed the fabric of existence of this nation through their corrupt ways/actions ......

Anyway:
Kudos to him for presiding over a govt whose principle of 'stealing is not corruption' plunged the nation into the present economic abyss.
In fact, many kudos to him for just being the figure-head president, feared and reverenced by nobody, and to whom all opinions sound good.
Very soon, people of your ilk will have many more reasons to praise GEJ to high heavens for non-performance and his penchant for corruption and corrupt individuals while in govt, when the wind will finally blow away the covering/scale in their eyes, the will know that their master was never whom they think he was

Only fools like you will think Nigeria was paradise before Jonathan's administration came into power...the devil will keep deceiving you until you find yourself in hell.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by M4gunners: 11:51am On Sep 06, 2015
Just watching development from far away.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by ijustdey: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2015
Sanfranka:
get out when yaradua was there why dint he probe the past government

he decided not to probe them because he doesn't want to.....

it's is own discretion not to probe and if he wants to probe him..... nobody will hold him/disturb him from not doing it...

until we hold our leaders accountable for their deeds... we might not move forward
so, PMB is holding GEJ accountable for his deed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by BushidoBlue(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by amusadele: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
ijustdey:

if GEJ believed probing him alone will amount to witch hunting........

why didn't he probe the other government before him that he is now leaving the task to PMB to probe..... at least it's the government at hand that will choose who he wants to probe and from which time range he is willing to go
Another local animal running towards no directions
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by basilo101: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
dre11:

This is one thing that the taniods and wailers won't want to hear..... The believe their alpha and omega was the best thing to happen to Nigerians after he has almost destroyed the fabric of existence of this nation through their corrupt ways/actions ......

Anyway:
Kudos to him for presiding over a govt whose principle of 'stealing is not corruption' plunged the nation into the present economic abyss.
In fact, many kudos to him for just being the figure-head president, feared and reverenced by nobody, and to whom all opinions sound good.
Very soon, people of your ilk will have many more reasons to praise GEJ to high heavens for non-performance and his penchant for corruption and corrupt individuals while in govt, when the wind will finally blow away the covering/scale in their eyes, the will know that their master was never whom they think he was

Shut up. A mediocre Ofe,mmanu political science student whose governor wasted free oil allocation and now begging for bailout is who u are quoting on a national issue. why cant the lazy journalist get the opinion of professionals nationwide?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
I would love to see the action film break out... smiley
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by savcy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Buhari has only been acting on the pages of newspapers so far!!! Let him move against GEJ and see what will happen!!! GEJ is still in otuoke sipping red wine on top of isiewu and you are still showing me newspaper links

Your comments are childish. If Jonathan is found guilty and prosecuted, what will you do, from the comfort of your bed and laptop? The people in ND who you feel will engage in any uprising are already aware that Jonathan was a scam to the ND..Go to Bayelsa and see the disdain people have for Jonathan. Lie on your bed and continue deluding yourself.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ask these same Yoruba professors what they think of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of trade and Investment headed by their Yoruba sons Dr. Akinwumi Addesina and Dr. Olusegun Aganga respectively and they'll tell you how excellently they performed. We know them too well, the "tiwa tiwa" politics.

Yorubas are a very tribalistic and treacherous bunch, trust them at your own peril.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by savcy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

This kind of thinking will only drag us back to the stone age.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by ijustdey: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
chisco82:

Because he does n't want to witch hunt anyone.

that's not witch hunting.... that's being accountable and responsible for your actions

when we begin to look pass political affiliation and regionalism
we then understand what is been done...if each presidents or someone in authority knows that the next person will probe his administration of wrong doing, he will sit up tight and deliver on electoral promise and not loot the treasure having the believe that no one will check record or hold him/her accountable for past deed
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by ijustdey: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
amusadele:
[s]Another local animal running towards no directions[/s]

was expecting a sensible comment and discuss from you.......

but,

it seems I was expecting too much from your worm infested brain
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by azzima(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2015
owobokiri:
Punch and her village reporting. . All the "intellectuals" quoted in this write up are from the south west an APC stronghold. What will it take an editor/reporter to pick up his phone and dial say the HoD Political Science department Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, or that of uniport or Unical to have a feel/pulse of other parts of the country as it regards buharis desperation to persecute Jonathan and Jonathans clumsy attempt at a fight back? A vindictive process that is being baptised as "probe". . Why pass some clannish verdicts off as some national opinion?
BIAFRANS! !!! Still bitter after elections since May?while EVERY ONE has moved on. 6th class citizens of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by dokyOloye: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
criminalmindz:

this epistle should be directed at d Yorubas,d black sheep of d south.
Watch how Falana and co have been so quiet on Boko.hari's one sided appointments but shld a south southerner or easterner do that,Falana will start quoting lengthy sections of d constitution,Yoruba newspapers will be making noise all over d place.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Iamthoney(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
smuth:

Only fools like you will think Nigeria was paradise before Jonathan's administration came into power...the devil will keep deceiving you until you find yourself in hell.
Classic response
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Iamthoney(m): 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2015
huangcheng:
Ask these same Yoruba professors what they think of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of trade and Investment headed by their Yoruba sons Dr. Akinwumi Addesina and Dr. Olusegun Aganga respectively and they'll tell you how excellently they performed. We know them too well, the "tiwa tiwa" politics.

Yorubas are a very tribalistic and treacherous bunch, trust them at your own peril.
Need I tell you that you are absolutely correct?
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Iamthoney:

Need I tell you that you are absolutely correct?

Absolutely not, I've researched and studied Yorubas all my life to predict their every move. Treachery is ingrained in their DNA.

Quote me anywhere.
Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Ikiriye(m): 4:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
owobokiri:
Punch and her village reporting. . All the "intellectuals" quoted in this write up are from the south west an APC stronghold. What will it take an editor/reporter to pick up his phone and dial say the HoD Political Science department Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, or that of uniport or Unical to have a feel/pulse of other parts of the country as it regards buharis desperation to persecute Jonathan and Jonathans clumsy attempt at a fight back? A vindictive process that is being baptised as "probe". . Why pass some clannish verdicts off as some national opinion?
The slave west at it again

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by Ikiriye(m): 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
huangcheng:

Absolutely not, I've researched and studied Yorubas all my life to predict their every move. Treachery is ingrained in their DNA.

Quote me anywhere.

95 percent inhibit treachery in them just 5 percent are human being including my friend at shagamu

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vs Buhari: Setting The Stage For An Imminent Confrontation - AWORINDE by 400billionman: 4:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
Illiterate ingrate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians / Saraki Asks Oshiomhole To Resign / Imo State House Of Assembly Is Not On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.