Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (56594 Views)

Governors, Senators And Emirs Jostle For Hanan Buhari's Hand / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by facelessangel: 4:45pm On May 09, 2017
The letter read thus

“Further to my letter dated 18th January 2017 in which I notified the Distinguished Senate of taking part of my annual leave.

“During my leave, I took the opportunity to have routine check-ups and consult my long standing doctors in London.

“In the course of the routine examinations, certain test result indicated the need for a course of medications and further appointments have been scheduled for next week.

“I am therefore notifying the Distinguished Senate that I am extending my leave until the doctors are satisfied that certain factors are ruled out. In the circumstances, the vice president will continue to act on my behalf.

“Please accept, Distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/223218-exclusive-i-wont-return-doctors-satisfied-buhari.html/amp

May Letter

President Buhari’s letter dated 7th May, 2017, read in full, ” In compliance with section 145 {1) of the 1999 constitution as amended. I wish to inform the distinguished Senate that I will be away for a scheduled medical followup with my doctors in London. The length of my stay will be determined by the doctor’s advice. “While I am away the vice president will coordinate the activities of the government. Pls accept the distinguished senate president the assurances of my highest consideration.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/senate-reads-buharis-medical-leave-letter/

5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by meolaniyi(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2017
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by SillyMods: 4:54pm On May 09, 2017
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

What a set of confused, perpetually bitter, hate-filled low lifes!

Modified*
The constitution is very clear on the matter - once the president transmits a letter of absence to the NASS, the VP steps in as the Acting President. The president doesn't have to state that in his letter to the NASS. Here is the extract from the constitution:
145. Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by argon500: 4:55pm On May 09, 2017
Political propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by dragonking2: 5:03pm On May 09, 2017
It is obvious that the cabals don't want to make the same mistake they did the first time so they ensured that Osunbade is now a mere coordinator.

Where is Lalasticlala sef

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by dragonking2: 5:07pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Balkan(m): 5:17pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

he cannot be addressed again as the acting president.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 5:44pm On May 09, 2017
It simply means "The Presidency" will continue to run things while d VP observes and coordinates as usual lol

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by seunmsg(m): 5:47pm On May 09, 2017
You people are just desperately trying to create a problem where non exist.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by leofab(f): 5:48pm On May 09, 2017
Acting coordinator Osinbajo..

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Balkan(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2017
leofab:
Acting coordinator Osinbajo..
can Osibanjo be addressed as Acting president?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Jajayi: 7:01pm On May 09, 2017
I tell you. Only God knows what they are digging grin grin grin
seunmsg:
You people are just desperately trying to create a problem where non exist.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by doctokwus: 7:06pm On May 09, 2017
D implication,call it a conspiracy theory or whatever,even if it wasn't Buhari's intention,is that any member of the cabal,ministers or appointees directly answerable to d president,can wake up one day and claim he/she is taking so and so document to the president in London or going to seek directive over sth with d president,'because Osinbajo was not explicitly made d acting president.'So they don't want to run foul of d constitution since there is still a living president,that can "rule from anywhere" '.
It's a mischievous coinage,carefully drafted by whoever,but giving those who want to exploit d situation and keep Osinbajo in check,d leeway to exploit it for their predetermined selfish aims and objectives.
All d previous occasions,Buhari has explicitly transmitted that Osinbajo wud act on his behalf,why d sudden change of d phrase,if not for mischievous purposes?
What will be will be,if Osinbajo wud become president,no mischievous coining or semantics wud stop it!

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by harizonal123(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2017
Alright

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by superior1: 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
Buhari wasn't as confused in January as he is in May. The confusion is slowly but surely on the increase.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Flexherbal(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
They are the same .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
Mere commissioner now mere coordinator grin grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by twilliamx(m): 7:28pm On May 09, 2017
English wahala. is the president no the coordinator of the government. abi until he write act. nawa. People trying to create a storm in a tea cup

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by madridguy(m): 7:29pm On May 09, 2017
grin grin SOME PEOPLE WILL WAIL ENTER LAGOON.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by obembet(f): 7:30pm On May 09, 2017
They did more than this to Goodluck , but at the end God show up, though GEJ was just a useless man who forgot where he came from just cos of power .. He abandoned his people after he bought many shoes ( rem that advert)

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Punctual(m): 7:31pm On May 09, 2017
Osibanjo should continue the government he is even better

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by tbaba1234: 7:31pm On May 09, 2017
People just make fuss over nothing... It is utterly ridiculous...

Osinbajo is the acting president and will be addressed as such.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:32pm On May 09, 2017
What's all this hullabaloo about the wordings of a letter?
Prof Osibanjo is the acting president. Simple. Will he coordinate while another person act as the Acting President?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Sdraz(f): 7:32pm On May 09, 2017
This is serious

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by kinibigdeal(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2017
It simply means the cabals will rule while the VC will coordinate on cabals instructions

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Johnterryfama(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2017
dragonking2:
If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?
if you have been to village classroom you should have learned about synonyms.
mumu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Shortyy(f): 7:33pm On May 09, 2017
Phoolish govt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by cashmyles: 7:34pm On May 09, 2017
where is your sense of reasoning? are you telling me the senate president or any of the unknown cabal with take control or be in charge at the absence of the president?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policemen Ask A Driver Sit On The Floor For Disobeying Them (pics) / I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.