Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members (2666 Views)

Army Denies Killing 150 Pro-biafra Agitators / Army Intercepts 1,000 Massob Members In Nsukka / Biafra Day In Ebonyi: Pastors Arrested As Well As 320 MASSOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Buyeradvertcom: 6:15am On Sep 06, 2015
The Flag Officer Commanding (FOC), Central Naval Command, Rear Admiral Stanley Ogoigbe, yesterday, described as unfounded the alleged killing of members of the Movement of the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) by operatives of the command in Anambra State.

The command, with headquarters in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, is in charge of Anambra, Kogi, Edo, Delta and Bayelsa states.
Ogoigbe, who spoke to newsmen at the command’s headquarters, said it became necessary for him to personally clear the air on the rumoured killing of the MASSOB members which he described as baseless.
Reports had alleged a violent clash between members of the pro-Biafra group and navy personnel in Onitsha, Anambra State, where some members of the group were allegedly killed.
But the FOC dismissed the claim insisting that the navy personnel only shot into the air to scare a large number of MASSOB members who were on a protest march towards the Onitsha head bridge as the protesting youths had already overrun the police on duty and did not injure, let alone, killing a soul.
His words, “No such act was ever committed. The MASOB group was on a protest march. They overran the policemen on duty and were coming towards the navy personnel. As they approached, the navy fired warning shots into the air to scare them away and they all dashed away. Nobody died in the process.
“To our surprise, MASSOB started claiming that the navy has killed two of their men. I don’t know what they wish to achieve with this propaganda, fabricating stories against the navy.
“We just want all well meaning Nigerians to know that no MASSOB member was killed in that area of Anambra State where the navy was keeping peace and carrying out their legitimate duties”.
Also speaking, the Commanding Officer, Naval Outpost, Onitsha, where the incident happened, Navy Capt. Dika Kwabe, said there was no iota of truth in the claim by MASSOB that her members were killed by the navy. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/navy-denies-killing-massob-members/
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by LordMecuzy(m): 6:16am On Sep 06, 2015
Good...

Peace Loving Nigerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by nzeobi(m): 6:26am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok who then was killed

1 Like

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by ramdris(m): 6:30am On Sep 06, 2015
What else do one expect from our security forces than denial?

2 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 06, 2015
what a junk journalism from a cespit country.
See how they tacitly denied an evident facts of crime committed by they navy who left their duty post to upland to commit murder to peaceful people. .. I hope Nigerians are now seeing reasons why amnesty international are vindicated when they accuse the Nigeria arm forces of human rights violations.. ..
And to the junk news media with with primary school editors we have said this time without numbers THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLES OF BIAFRA (IPOB) is not and can never be massob because this are no taut s or agberos but well to do people in Biafra seeking the restoration of Biafra states.

9 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Demmzy15(m): 6:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Biafra!
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by EasternLion: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2015
But they shot sporadically at IPOB members carrying peaceful evangelism!

Navy, don't worry, the evidence is there, even the live video showing where you were releasing rounds of bullets like as if you were in war front.

E go do una for eyes.

The ones that survived the gunshots are all there, and they all independently confirmed you shot at them.

You shoot sotey it was soldiers that came and rescued other ones and ordered you to stop shooting at innocent people, everything is on tape...
These days you think nothing can't be caught live on tape, keep denying, when your heads start rolling, we will deny, claiming that they are warning shots.

13 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by austinsmat(m): 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
O bio see pure lie ok
1 who kill them
2 why It takes you navy weeks to speak out
3 Why using a live bullet to scare away unarmed civilians
4 do the Ipob members in any means attack you when there are not even with machet
5 the police you are claiming that Ipob members overrun never reported any such incident or are the police has gone mute
6 what are navy doing on land when all your duties are on the sea
Infacts I'm tired in listing them all we know is that navy kill ipob members.

6 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by austinsmat(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2015
EasternLion:
But they shot sporadically at IPOB members carrying peaceful evangelism!

Navy, don't worry, the evidence is there, even the live video showing where you were releasing rounds of bullets like as if you were in war front.

E go do una for eyes.

The ones that survived the gunshots are all there, and they all independently confirmed you shot at them.

You shoot sotey it was soldiers that came and rescued other ones and ordered you to stop shooting at innocent people, everything is on tape...p
These days you think nothing can't be caught live on tape, keep denying, when your heads start rolling, we will deny, claiming that they are warning shots.
my God see vibrant you men navy wasted it can never be will with you navy

1 Like

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by erikcantona: 7:41am On Sep 06, 2015
!1! we are not massob !2! you shot over 30 IPOBmembers ! 3 people died Instantly !4! We will kill 25 NAVY men ! One life of our member is worth 12 lives of bamboos and monkeys! Wait for our director to give orders then we match! Your skulls we roll! I will brew with your skulls may chukwu okike abiahma bear me witness iseee iseee iseee

8 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by DaBullIT(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2015
I knew it was a lie, I argued it was a lie

If indeed it happened I'm sure Navy will say they are investigating and no bager can do anything until they conclude investigation

My point is Navy will admit to it

1 Like

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Obrigardo: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2015
Treasonable offenses are treated with bullets. so who is wailing? they should shut up
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by vanunu: 7:52am On Sep 06, 2015
But MASSOB never accused you of killing any of their member.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by vanunu: 7:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Obrigardo:
Treasonable offenses are treated with bullets. so who is wailing? they should shut up

When an evil man speaks.

5 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by OfoIgbo: 8:03am On Sep 06, 2015
It seems as though both the police and navy are quaking at the thought of a revenge mission by IPOB.
They are now denying complicity in the alleged murders in Onitsha.
I once wrote that Anambra was the worst place possible to try these murderous acts by the security forces
Onitsha is not :-
1. Odi, that let OBJ get away with the massacre od Odi-ans
2. Aba, that would have retaliated immediately, thus making them take predictable decisions that will not be far-reaching and can easily be countered.

From the little bit I know of this episode, Onitsha people are holding Mumu-hammadu responsible for these actions, so this attempt by the authorities to heap the blame on some naval command in Bayelsa, will not wash.
They are not even blaming the chief of naval staff as they know he does not have the authority to shoot at unarmed civilians. This order could only have come from Aso Rock. A few months ago, the same impunity was visited on Efiks. The leader of this administration is responsible for this, and there must be consequences.

Ordinarily I would have preferred an internatiomal legal response, but this is Onitsha, so I know they will demand payment in blood, at a time of their choosing.

3 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by wasco24: 8:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by owobokiri(m): 8:09am On Sep 06, 2015
Since 1970, the uselessly blood gulping Nigerias security agencies have turned my east into a killing field. The east has more check points than any other section of Nigeria. Before the sharaih madness/boko haram, you can drive from kaduna to zaria without encountering any check-point. But from Onitsha to Enugu during this period, expect upto 20 check points manned by tribal marks distorted faces, squeezing every motorist of his hard earned cash at gun point. Many died at these check points that were only reduced under Jonathan. . Police officers bribed to be posted to places like Onitsha so they can extort, maim and defraud with impunity. . Many civilians have been killed for having the temerity to demand for their rights. Hundreds of MASSOB agents were killed exactly in the same fashion as the IPOB youths killed by the navy. . At a point, a people must push back. Enough must be enough. . Those who treat eastern lives with levity can never stop doing so unless forced to do so. The navy must provide those who shot into a harmless crowd armed with just PAMPHLETS. . The days when security agencies turned the whole east into a shooting range must be brought to a brutal stop.

8 Likes

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by austinsmat(m): 8:48am On Sep 06, 2015
Obrigardo:
but is force to live together.admin front page
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by EasternLion: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
DaBullIT:

If indeed it happened I'm sure Navy will say they are investigating and no bager can do anything until they conclude investigation

Oga, I know you don't want Biafra to be restored, but don't use people's life to play.
These guys shot dead 3 at a spot, and many more had gun wounds, some might not walk again.
These things are on video, the way your police and navy shoot unarmed people isn't good, my friend was there when it happened, he got injured while trying to lie down from bullets flying around.

The issue here is that it was the army that came and cautioned the navy, because even our members passed many army and Police checkpoints from Nkpor junction to Head bridge, and no one shot anybody.
One policeman said he was shocked that navy later shot IPOB members because they were actually drivng behind them before turning back.

Why are we saying all that, remember the war in North East was escalated by some trigger happy police officers and the soldiers are the one taking the bullets from them, these same soldiers started shouting at the navy for trying to cause problem for them.

Navy is denying because they know what happened to the foolish policemen in Aba, I don't want to enter into that. We are doing our stuff peacefully, we want no troubles, but as they killed those 3 young guys, we know the navy unit that did it, and they know they are in one big mess already, that is why they are denying.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by SOUNDKING: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
austinsmat:
but is force to live together.admin front page
don't mind them,time shall tell.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by xmich(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2015
you see,every body in the zoo is a liar
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by MrCounselor: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2015
why would they if not attacked?
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by xmich(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2015
vanunu:
But MASSOB never accused you of killing any of their member.

What do you expect from a certified criminal they will always want to hold on whom it doesn't concern.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by worthytalk: 10:03am On Sep 06, 2015
Coward navy.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by sdindan: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2015
DaBullIT:

I know that you will show here to
Spread your ignoramus.
Never uses eyes see any thread about Igbos or Biafra.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by ArodewilliamsT: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2015
But you killed IPOB members right? Just calm down, let's finish sitting shiva for our dead ones.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by after1: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
But you killed IPOB members right? Just calm down, let's finish sitting shiva for our dead ones.

Coward. You make too much noise Amadi
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Ojiofor: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2015
OfoIgbo:
It seems as though both the police and navy are quaking at the thought of a revenge mission by IPOB.
They are now denying complicity in the alleged murders in Onitsha.
I once wrote that Anambra was the worst place possible to try these murderous acts by the security forces
Onitsha is not :-
1. Odi, that let OBJ get away with the massacre od Odi-ans
2. Aba, that would have retaliated immediately, thus making them take predictable decisions that will not be far-reaching and can easily be countered.

From the little bit I know of this episode, Onitsha people are holding Mumu-hammadu responsible for these actions, so this attempt by the authorities to heap the blame on some naval command in Bayelsa, will not wash.
They are not even blaming the chief of naval staff as they know he does not have the authority to shoot at unarmed civilians. This order could only have come from Aso Rock. A few months ago, the same impunity was visited on Efiks. The leader of this administration is responsible for this, and there must be consequences.

Ordinarily I would have preferred an internatiomal legal response, but this is Onitsha, so I know they will demand payment in blood, at a time of their choosing.
Let's pray for peace in our land while we continue to demand for justice always.In 2005 Obasanjo sent soldiers to Onitsha and they massacred hundreds of Massob members and nothing happened and recently Ezu river happened in Anambra state no action was taken against those who committed such wicked crime against humanity.Easy bro.
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by dialfa: 11:29am On Sep 06, 2015
You know there's confusion in the zoo when they start denying a crime they have not been accused of.

IPOB is not MASSOB.

1 Like

Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by kingthreat(m): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2015
Lol, its like more want to be shot by our trigger happy Navy. Ipob, wants Anambra to be worst than Maiduguri
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Xpaz: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2015
are they denying it.? don't worry when our people outside biafraland returns home by December we will send all of u out of Biafraland
Re: Navy Denies Killing MASSOB Members by Omololu007(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2015
Xpaz:
are they denying it.? don't worry when our people outside biafraland returns home by December we will send all of u out of Biafraland
how old are you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN; Expect Total Shutdown Awomolo Threatens FG / How Gov. Okowa Constructed 70 Road Projects With N30bn Across Delta State By Oss / Atiku and Adamawa Women Leader : Caption This PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.