Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed (824 Views)

Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio / Photo Of Senator Godswill Akpabio On His Hospital Bed In London / Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by ifeanyija(m): 9:14am On Sep 06, 2015
Few days after he was involved in a car accident on his way to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Senate Minority leader and former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has broken his silence from his hospital bed, where he is currently recuperating.

According to government sources, the lawmaker, who was on Monday, earlier rushed to the National Hospital, Abuja, for urgent attention, reportedly left for the United Kingdom aboard a private jet last Tuesday.

Akpabio who just opened a Twitter account on Saturday, and have gathered over 500 followers, tweeted via his handle @SenAkpabio that he was only down, but not out.

He said: “Though down but not out, I will rise again. I also thank former President, Goodluck Jonathan, members of our party, friends and loved ones for their calls and show of affection. God bless you.

“Thank you Nigerians for your prayers. I appreciate President Muhammadu Buhari, Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President, Bukola Saraki and others for their calls.”

Recall that Akpabio was last Monday involved in a car accident on his way to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, to catch up with an international flight.

He was said to be travelling abroad to visit his wife and children when the unfortunate incident happened.

The accident reportedly took place at Bolingo Hotel junction, in the Central Business District, Abuja, where his car had collided with a United States embassy vehicle after beating the traffic.

Ironically it can be recalled that Godswill Akpabio dumped his N30 Billion hospital and sought medical attention abroad following his auto-accident, but few months ago, he criticized Nigerians for seeking medical treatment abroad.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2015/09/goodswill-akpabio-finally-speaks-from.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+Nigerianeye+(NigerianEye)&m=1

Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:24am On Sep 06, 2015
"PMB is a terrorist", quote me anywhere.
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by Blakjewelry(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2015
As you wake-up from the dead na twitter you first remember
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by 48noble(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2015
Never give up!
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by Koboseadotorg(m): 9:53am On Sep 06, 2015
See as old man dey misbehave.

Akpabio oya get up from that bed before I reach my cain.
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by GudluckIBB(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2015
You abadoned the hispital you said you built and decided to travel for medical treatment.

I'm very sure this hospital bills will be passed to Akwa-Ibom state government.

Akpabio is a 2 face-man.
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by GaniLAb(m): 10:02am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok, your hospital in ur state awaits you for proper medical assessment
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by MrCounselor: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2015
rubbish.

It should be enacted into our constitution that public office our democratically elected leaders should not be allowed to seek medical attentions out of the shores of the country "anytime during their active service". This have always been affronts on us the masses.

Why can't they stay true to us and build what they can be proud of? World class hospital then go outside the country. not funny
Re: Godswill Akpabio Finally Speaks From Hospital Bed by hinwazaka: 10:52am On Sep 06, 2015
"Akpabio, who just opened a twitter account on Saturday" is the beginning and end of this thread. I thought by now Nigerians would know better. Akpabio, after so many years of twitter, being around, would just open an account now. The twitter scam of Ekweremadu and Ogbonaya Onu should have opened our eyes to the world of impersonation.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Attack Holocaust Survivors: "Dirty Jews. Your Property Is Ours". / Woman Dies As Drunk Drivers Hits Their Okada In Sapele (graphic Photo) / Jeremy Corbyn Emerges As New Labour Leader With 59.5% Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.