Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio (45861 Views)

Tinubu, PDP And The Road To 2019 - By Dele Momodu / PDP Moves Convention To Adokiye Amasiemeka Stadium As Police Seals Shark Stadium / Obasanjo Storms PDP Convention Committee Inauguration Venue for Secret Meeting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by VillageParrot: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Minority Leader of the Senate, Senator Godswill Akpabio has incurred the wrath of his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) colleagues in the Senate over what senators of the PDP have reportedly described as Akpabio’s involvement in “anti-party activities.”

According to an informed source who did not want to be named, trouble began for Akpabio when he was spotted two weeks ago, during a secret visit to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, a national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Akpabio, the source disclosed to SIGNAL on Wednesday, had paid a secret visit to Tinubu at his Bourdillon Lagos residence but was sighted by some individuals who instantly alerted the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu. Ekweremadu, by virtue of his position is currently the highest-ranking PDP member within the Nigerian government. Worried by the report of Akpabio’s visit to Tinubu, Ekweremadu immediately confronted Akpabio. According to the source, Akpabio dismissed the matter casually, saying he visited Tinubu over some “personal issues.” Akpabio’s attitude was said to have infuriated Ekweremadu and the matter quickly escalated to the entire PDP caucus in the Senate.

“The whole thing did not go down well with Ekweremadu and the PDP caucus in the Senate who were concerned that their Leader in the Senate who should be actively engaged with providing leadership and a voice for the PDP opposition is busy hobnobbing, not just with the ruling party but one of its most influential chieftains who played a key role in providing the funding, structure and media propaganda that kicked the PDP out of power in 2015 after 16 years. To make matters worse, Akpabio did not show any sign of remorse in the way he has gone about the issue. PDP senators are angry with him and are now making moves already for his removal”, the source said.

Further checks by SIGNAL revealed that the timing of Akpabio’s visit to Tinubu further worsened matters for the former Governor of Akwa-Ibom State. Recall that just last week, the PDP caucus in the Senate declared that it was withdrawing support from the government of President Muhammadu Buhari over the increasing persecution of leading PDP opposition members nationwide under the guise of fighting corruption. According to reports available to this newspaper, PDP senators are concerned that Akpabio of all people is the one visiting Tinubu at a time the PDP senators had just declared war on Buhari’s government.

http://www.signalng.com/exclusive-pdp-senators-move-akpabio-secret-meeting-tinubu/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by HungerBAD: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akpabio finally has seen the light.

Gradually the numbers of Senators needed to throw Saraki out is increasing.

In Politics,there are no permanent friends or enemies,just permanent interest. Akpabio should do the needful,by bringing in some of those in the PDP ,so that the numbers can be added up for the impeachment of Saraki.

Nice one there Akpabio.

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by doyinisaac(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
So sheriff is not alone...grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2016
A new party is coming Soon cool cool cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Goke7: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
But when saraki colluded with them to hijack the senate, they did not raise any eye brow then, now akpabio is frolicking with tinubu and they are enraged.

PDP's expiry date is just around the corner, smh.

163 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by doyinisaac(m): 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
HungerBAD:

Maybe you meant PHCN light..

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Jirate(m): 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
HungerBAD:

Which Light?, is there any light in APC or in Nigeria for that matter since Bubu came on board. cool

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by APCZombieMod: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
HungerBAD:

APC party of Zombies.

Thanks to that APC Zombie Mod that banned me for curing an APC Zombie from Zombeism. You think you are doing me, you are doing yourself grin
Tell the Zombies if they can't stand the heat, they should quit undecided

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by loopman: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
#Lekki Gardens.
He has gone to thank the Jagaban for letting his company off the hook.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Zico5(m): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
This PDP sha, he visited for soft landing to return his loot or what did they think he visited for. Sharp guy, FFK and fayose have thought majority of them great lesson. Return the loot secretly or face the full wrath of law. Akpabio will not like to be disgraced openly and that is the reason for visitation. Some of their E -warriors on nairaland will be disappointed that their master is falling hands big time.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by PublicAssurance: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
[size=18pt]Akpabio and Tinubu (Nek Unek and Jagaban): Arguably the two most corrupt governors in modern Nigerian history. #Keep Calm and Jagaban on [/size]

9 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akpabio is not loyal...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by jlinkd78(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
following
Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by erayo2GCA(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
I tot they ban me, I have not been able to like any post since yesterday, is it that NL was fasting

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by spako4(m): 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akpabio and Tinubu are firstly NIGERIANS.
So what is the cause of alarm?
Enemies of peace and disunity of
Nigeria should keep off.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
doyinisaac:
Trust naija politicians at your own peril

All politicians are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by davodyguy: 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
So Tinubu is still very relevant in Naija Politics?

Hehehe.

In 2003, OBJ was contesting for second term, he made a pact with BAT
In 2011, GEJ was contesting for first term, he made a pact with BAT
In 2015, PMB was contesting for first term, he made a pact with BAT

The rest is history.

All hail the Nigerian Leader from South West Nigeria

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by legendte(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
We need a leader in PDP. I don't trust this Akpabio. His body language during the ministerial nominees' screening is enough to confirm my doubt.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by girl4rmspace(f): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
I hate politics . Its all reading about rich thieves in disguise.
Boooooooooooooooring!!!

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by APCZombieMod: 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Useless bloody Politicians everywhere.....they have no shame nor idealogy!!!!

POLITICAL PROSTITUTES THEY ARE!!! undecided

Once again...Thanks to that partisan APC Zombie Mod that banned me for curing an APC Zombie from Zombeism. You think you are doing me, you are doing yourself grin
APC Zombies will insult us and the Zombie Mod won't do jerk, but when we return the insult, they cry like babies to their Zombie Mod. undecided

Tell the Zombies if they can't stand the heat here, they should quit undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by alphamodel1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
Dont under estimate the political prowess of Akpabio , he definitely has something up his sleeve, Tinunbu should be very careful.

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by moffat(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
criminal minded Akpabio
Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
The race to the 2019 Presidential election has subtly begun. Politicians are already plotting their moves. Akpabio has his eyes on the Vice Presidential seat, same as Ekweremandu. It is going to make an interesting show for acute observers of the the political scene.

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by enitan16: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
Na wahhhhh
Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by nicedas(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pdp and its ally are all hungry
Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by jackydon(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
That is naija Politics for you. Lol na personal interest sure pass o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by fkpboss: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
Back staber

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by notoriousbabe: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
erayo2GCA:
I tot they ban me, I have not been able to like any post since yesterday, is it that NL was fasting
me too

1 Like

Re: Akpabio's Secret Meeting With Tinubu: PDP Moves Against Godswill Akpabio by kokozain(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
I laff in edikikong

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions / Shehu Sani In Aba Prison In 1995 (Throwback Photos) / Picture Of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti & Beko Ransome-Kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.