Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration (855 Views)

FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA / EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Dumebi Kachikwu - Sahara Reporters / Ikpeazu Borrowed N24bn In 11 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by hayzee545(m): 11:54am On Sep 06, 2015
Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-rufai on
Saturday revealed that the state had
recovered N24 billion from 423 accounts
operated by the previous administration.

He also stated that his administration will not relent until it knows the actual civil servants in the state.

El-Rufai who was represented by his Deputy, Bala Barnabas Bantex, said during a town hall meeting with people from Zone three (Kaduna South) in Kafanchan, that the adoption of a single account by the state government brought about the recovery of the huge amount of money.

According to Bantex, “we will not relent until we have the actual number of our civil servant, not only do we have ghost workers but we also have ghost schools in the state”

While stating plans of the present administration for Kaduna people, Bantex said they are reviving taxi scheme services in the urban centers, adding that 200 branded air condition Cars would be distributed to Youths across the state.

“The interested owners are expected to deposit 10% of the car price and 120 of our youths have been shortlisted for training as drivers with a view of empowering them,” he said.

Bantex said, ”we have appointed interim
Committee Chairmen for the 23 local government councils in our state, as we pledge during our campaign, the state government have announced that it will not touch a kobo of local government funds.”

The Deputy Governor said the Kaduna state government under El-rufai would demonstrate its powers to protect the integrity of public institutions land in Schools and Hospitals which were encroached. He said the impunity that led to some personalities to conclude that hospitals and schools land are for private use is being corrected.

Bantex added that, if the land the late Northern Premier provided for Ahmadu Bello
University had been encroached; ABU won’t have expanded with so much space. On other activities of the government, Bantex said they have commenced the recruitment of teachers in core subject such as Mathematics, English, sciences and information technology.

“The state government will soon embark on comprehensive schools repairs, furnitures, water and toilet will be provided across the state,” Bantex said.

Member representing Kachia /Kagarko local government, Hon Adams Jagaba said during the programme that the change Nigerians yearned for is coming positively. The respected Lawmaker said APC is laying a very solid foundation for the growth of the present and the younger generation to come.

“Nigeria today is surviving as a nation because our own parents sacrificed their
lives to make it one. We must do same for the betterment of our Country. In his welcome speech, the Special Adviser on
political matter Dr. Uba Sani said that the governor will continue to do what is right for the people of the state.

In their different remarks, Interim committees Chairmen of Jema’a and Kaura local governments, Ibahim Nkom and Dr Katuka Humble urged the people of Kaduna state to support the government of the day for a sustainable development. Unlike the two town hall meetings in Kaduna and Zaria in which he was present, El-Rufai was represented by his Deputy in Kafanchan.

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2015/09/06/el-rufai-recovers-n24bn-from-423-accounts-of-past-administration/

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by madridguy(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2015
Ok
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2015
Great
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by egift(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good. Even if we do not dump them in jail, at least recover the loot. Those criminals will be so broke till they beg for bread.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
good development.
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by 9jii(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
I don't like the guy but like what he said he's doing
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by mrvitalis(m): 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2015
El-rufai for president 2019
Click like if u believe

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by mykemiley(f): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2015
Hmmmm!story dat touches d heart of a mosquito, abeg make una shift jooor
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by criminalmindz: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2015
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.

However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:

1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?

2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.

3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?

4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!

5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.

6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?

7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.

8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.

These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.
Re: El-rufai Recovers N24bn From 423 Accounts Of Past Administration by tucky200(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
[s]
criminalmindz:
friends and colleagues from every part of the nation and some of my best friends are not even from my side of the country.
However, recent events are making me to have a deeper reflection and I wish we- Southerners in this instance- can have some kind of introspection. Out of 25 appointments made so far, 18 are from the North, 3 are from the South West, 4 are from the South South while the South East has ZERO appointments. A tweet which I saw today stated that “southerners are only competent when it’s time for elections but northerners are competent in terms of governance” and this made the following thoughts run through my mind:
1. Only Southerners have been accusing fellow Southerners of corruption. Oshiomole has been attacking Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as if Ngozi turned down his marriage proposal. The same Oshiomole tried to make nonsense of Akinwumi Adeshina’s successes in the agriculture sector. Ambode tried to pull Fashola down and successfully smeared him with stains. Maybe that’s why Fashola did not get the Chief of Staff role. I’m yet to see a Northerner accuse another Northerner of corruption, even when they belong to different parties. The closest a Northerner got was when the new Kano State Governor attacked Rabiu Kwankaso but he quickly sheathed his sword and even disowned previous reports of attacks. Why are we like this?
2. Are Southerners the only ones who are corrupt? Were there no northerner heading the ministries and parastatals? Did the outgone Comptroller-General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko not have an alleged case of certificate forgery but he still served out his tenure until he resigned voluntarily? I’m not in support of corruption under any guise but the fight against corruption must not be seen to be sectional.
3. How come it’s easier for the President to believe that Sanni Abacha was not corrupt in spite of recovered loot while it is so easy for him to believe Goodluck Jonathan is irredeemably corrupt?
4. I still remember that aside from God, Tinubu made Tambuwal what he is today. The same Tambuwal would later call Femi Gbajabiamila ‘incompetent’ and rated Dogara as more competent. The same Tambuwal was propped up by Tinubu, a Southerner against a fellow Southerner, Mulikat Akande. Obasanjo was very key to denying Goodluck Jonathan a second term. A good number can still recall how OBJ tore his PDP membership card in public glare. The Northerners find it easy to support themselves but we are always pulling ourselves down. Babangida Aliyu, Sule Lamido and all the other Northern Governors including the former PDP Chairman Adamu Muazu often times refused to campaign for Goodluck Jonathan openly and many times even espoused the virtues of the opposing candidate on the rostrum!
5. Southern leaders and Presidents pull down Southern business men but prop up Northern ones. How many people still remember how Obasanjo ran Mike Adenuga out of town but both Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan made Aliko Dangote what he is today. No northern leader goes against their own. I dare to put it on record that President Buhari will never go against Aliko Dangote for any reason.
6. How come OBJ pardoned Salisu Buhari, the ex-Speaker who forged his credentials and he later was given an appointment as a Governing Council member of a University and heavens did not fall- but when Goodluck Jonathan pardoned Alamieyeseigha it became one of the major issues counted against him? Is there one rule for some and another rule for others?
7. We find it easy to raise our voices in support of the deportation of Buruji Kashamu but have no qualms with Atiku Abubakar strutting around the corridors of power.
8. Only Southerners find it so easy to abuse their elders when they voice opinions not in tandem with the popular opinion. We find it easy to diss Afenifere elders and call them ‘Afenifebi’ while hurling expletives and curses at them. We even abuse our kings and priests. Northerners will never abuse an Emir no matter how unpopular what he said is. Can you imagine any Northerner raising his voice against the Sultan? In spite of Tanko Yakassai, Balarabe Musa and Dangiwa Umar’s perceived support for Jonathan, northern youths did not abuse them. But our own youths run down our elders on social media while our educated elite also support the act.
These are some of the thoughts that have been running through my mind. I don’t pretend to have all the answers and I do this at the risk of being labelled an ethnic bigot. The point however is that Southerners have to get their acts right. We have to put our house in order. The bickering must stop. Let’s engage our emotional intelligence. Let’s not allow others to exploit our tendency to self-destruct.
[/s]pls stop dis nonsense,what is going on in nigeria btw our leaders has nothing to do with north vs south..its all about apc vs pdp....stop looking for a way to divide us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wike’s 100 Days Success Stories In Rivers State / Pictures Of Akure. / I’ll Recover All Senate Seats In Imo, Okorocha Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.