Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report (1026 Views)

DSS To Interrogate Magu, EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters / ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / Court Orders DSS To Produce Nnamdi Kanu On November 23 - Thisday Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by kinggenesis(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
ADE ADESOMOJU, ABUJA

Some lawyers, under the aegis of the Akwa Ibom Lawyers Forum in Abuja, have asked the leadership of the Department of State Service to quickly investigate the alleged invasion of the Akwa Ibom State Government House in Uyo by its operatives and make its report public.

But they also condemned what they described as “the incessant attack by the Peoples Democratic Party on the Department of State Security Service” for performing its lawful duties.

Coordinator of the forum, Mr. Leo Ekpeyong, who along with
some other members of the forum, who spoke in Abuja on
Saturday, said the group’s findings had shown that the DSS did not invade the Akwa Ibom Governor’s official residence, but a guest house of the Akwa Ibom State Government.

He however urged the leadership of the DSS to release its report of investigation on the invasion so that Nigerians would know the true state of affair.

Ekpeyong said, “We urge the leadership of the DSS under the
able leadership of Mallam Lawal Daura, who has brought to bear professionalism and expertise in the discharge of its duties to expedite action in the course of this investigation. We urge the leadership of the DSS to complete its investigation speedily and let Nigerians know the outcome.

“The safety of lives and property of Nigerians cannot be
negotiated for any reason whatsoever. We urge the leadership of the DSS to make public the outcome of its investigation as soon as it is concluded so that Nigerians will know the true state of affairs because it is clear that only the guilty are afraid.”

One of the PDP’s top figures, the Ekiti State Governor, Mr.
Ayodele Fayose, only on Friday criticised the DSS for the alleged invasion into the Akwa Ibom State Government House.

He warned the PDP against unnecessary attack on the security
agency.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lawyers-ask-dss-to-release-aibom-invasion-report/
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by UrennaNkoli(f): 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Laughable
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by 1miccza: 5:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
In as much as i support the anti corruption drive my question is why is the DSS being only serious with cases involving PDP members alone??
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by Ezenwammadu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2015
Useless Duara Secret Service

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
1miccza:
In as much as i support the anti corruption drive my question is why is the DSS being only serious with cases involving PDP members alone??

ICPC trails Amechi and some other APC members. If you have any probem or find one, you should forward your findings to the appropriate section
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by 1miccza: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

ICPC trails Amechi and some other APC members. If you have any probem or find one, you should forward your findings to the appropriate section

Who cares about partisanship? I haven't seen any publication or write up to that effect on any platform. If i might ask where did you get the news about the trailing of Amaechi from?
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by crunchyg: 6:45pm On Sep 06, 2015
shocked shocked

Have no fear CrunchyG is here grin
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
1miccza:

Who cares about partisanship? I haven't seen any publication or write up to that effect on any platform. If i might ask where did you get the news about the trailing of Amaechi from?

Here we go. When they want to hide their partisanship, they lie that they aint concerned about party politics. If you aint concern parties, why is it thay you only see when PDP members are probed and feign ignorance when APC members are probed?

This is the link detailing Ameachi, Fashola and other APC members probe by ICPC http://www.punchng.com/news/icpc-probes-fashola-amaechi-akpabio-others/

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by 1miccza: 7:15pm On Sep 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Here we go. When they want to hide their partisanship, they lie that they aint concerned about party politics. If you aint concern parties, why is it thay you only see when PDP members are probed and feign ignorance when APC members are probed?

This is the link detailing Ameachi, Fashola and other APC members probe by ICPC http://www.punchng.com/news/icpc-probes-fashola-amaechi-akpabio-others/

Because those are the ones that i have come across now that you have posted this links i am now sure and certain.. It seems it's only the ones in support of APC that's gaining prominence... What you should also know is anything i do here aids my personal research. Thus said i would like these to go round and every one taken to court and prosecuted accordingly
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:40pm On Sep 06, 2015
1miccza:

Because those are the ones that i have come across now that you have posted this links i am now sure and certain.. It seems it's only the ones in support of APC that's gaining prominence... What you should also know is anything i do here aids my personal research. Thus said i would like these to go round and every one taken to court and prosecuted accordingly

EFCC and ICPC are not seers or magicians that would see beyond time. If you or the PDP members feel that some APC office holder are corrupt, reports should be made. The agency will do their job from there
Re: Lawyers Ask DSS To Release A’ibom Invasion Report by 1miccza: 7:52pm On Sep 06, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

EFCC and ICPC are not seers or magicians that would see beyond time. If you or the PDP members feel that some APC office holder are corrupt, reports should be made. The agency will do their job from there

I also know that both bodies had case files before now let them be effectively dispatched leaving no sacred cows and then we would pick it up from there,i also want to ask are there corruption case files that are more than both bodies to prosecute if you get my drift

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Crazy Hairstyle / There's Only One Thief In Nigeria, And His Name Is Jonathan. / NHRC To Fani-kayode: Describing Fulani Herdsmen As Tse-tse Fly Is Hate Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.