Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm (585 Views)

Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos) / Traffic Law: Lagos Lists Vehicles That Can Operate From 6am-9pm / Lagos Threatens To Seize Trucks Between 6am And 9pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by adeniranfam(f): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-TE1UbSYPRLc/VeyCM1OdjLI/AAAAAAAGe94/hXgavidmeWA/s400/apapa-road.jpg[/img]
What we prayed for. Hopefully, the owners of these trailers & their drivers will adhere to this. Lagos State Government today announced that trailers and articulated vehicles are no longer allowed to ply the city between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. to prevent accidents following the fatal one that occurred on September 2nd.

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transportation, Oluseyi Whenu, disclosed this at a meeting in Lagos with the leadership of the various transport unions in the State. He explained that the restriction was to ensure strict enforcement of the Road Traffic Law, which, according to him, was often violated by the trailer drivers. He said the government would henceforth go tough on any trailer that contravenes the law.
source: http://www.afribreeze.com/thread-10.html
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by kennydee05(m): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by fexti: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by DaBullIT(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
That was how it was before Nigeria became a shitty nation

If it can be effected it'll be awesome and it'll save lives but more importantly reduce traffic during the day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by 1miccza: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is very good
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by francbadoo: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2015
I thank baba Godooo
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by Mautonmentos(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
It's high time it is enforced for the safety of Lagosians.
Lalasticlala pls do the needful.
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by Demmocrats(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
Thank God

I was the first that was campaigning for such check my previous post and see for your self

Governor Ambode peoples governor

Thank God they listen so those blood sucking vampires called container carriers will seize killing innocent Nigerians
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by ede1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2015
I like when people in authority listen to their followers. This is what we have been praying for laws that have direct positive impact on the common man on the road and I believe this will also reduce lagos traffic. Thank you gov. ambode my correct man....
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by Chanchit: 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
This is a welcome development. But they just need to add something to this new decree which is to empower us to seize any trailer we see before the stipulated time. lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by TippyTop(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2015
Welcome news but would make things dearer in Lagos.
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by wordcat(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2015
Justice At Last!
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good development for some and maybe not too good for some others.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by lekkie073(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
dats gud....me sef go follow arrest from tomorrow morning....
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by mikolo80: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
can't believe it took over 20 yrs to implement this
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by bugzbunny: 6:04am On Sep 07, 2015
About time........
Re: Lagos State Government Restricts Trailers From Plying Roads From 6am To 9pm by Pavore9: 6:56am On Sep 07, 2015
Enforcement is now the issue.

(1) (Reply)

Dep. Sec-general Of Nigerian Supreme Council For Islamic Affairs Kidnapped In SE / Defend Allegations Against You, TMG Tells Saraki / Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.