Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match (588 Views)

Jibrin: When Osinbajo Gives Order, People Run To London To Get Buhari's Opinion / Nigerians Rent Generators To Watch Football – Buhari / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by dahaz(m): 6:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Remember these thread that made front page sometimes ago about the gov of Niger state watching chelsea match?
https://www.nairaland.com/2612368/sani-bello-stamford-bridge-watching

Well the gov has came out to debunk the insinuation that he purposefully travelled to watch chelsea match

Niger State governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello
said his visit to London last week was to attend
to his regular medical checkup before proceeding
to the United Nations General Assembly as part
of the entourage of President Muhammadu
Buhari and not solely to watch football match.
Addressing newsmen in New York on Monday, the
governor said his visit to Stamford Bridge
Stadium to watch Chelsea’s match against
Arsenal only coincided with the invitation of a
Nigeria soccer professional- Mikel Obi as part of
the ongoing discussions to set up a professional
sport academy in Niger State.
The governor has been under fierce criticism for
traveling to London to watch a football match.
“The purpose of the trip was for two reasons.
First, I was in London for medical check. For
the past 15 years, I used to do these checks. I
am not a sport fan. It is not my hobby, but
whenever there is any opportunity to assist my
people, I quickly grab it,” the governor said.
He explained that “Obi has been booking for
appointments to meet me for a long time and
incidentally as I came to London, I arranged to
meet him. After the meeting, he invited me to
the march and I honored his invitation. Unlike
what some people are saying in the social media
that I intentionally left Nigeria to come and
watch Chelsea, I am not a mad man.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/niger-gov-i-wasn-t-in-london-to-watch-football-match/112752.html
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by nifton(m): 6:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Guy to go watch only football for London na bad thing,I no even get wetting u dey yarn sef.
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by amii131(f): 6:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Abi na ur spirit we see inside the stadium
Lolz grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Benedict44(m): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2015
politicians making lie their special food.... .. i dont know while this change is full of lies
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:47am On Sep 29, 2015
Maybe na your phantom we see.

Sai Baba is working and you r watching match. D thunder wey go fire you still dey sleep for sai Baba's bed.
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by buzquet(m): 6:52am On Sep 29, 2015
If u really love assisting your people, u won't b travelling to London every time for your regular medical check up, u should have built a good medical facilities in your state. shameless governor!
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Issokay! But what is that thing 'Obi' realy wants to see you for?! ...... Okay, he wants to set up a Sport Academy in Niger state? That's cool and thoughtful of him, as long as you are saying the truth sir!
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by donphilopus: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2015
buzquet:
If u really love assisting your people, u won't b travelling to London every time for your regular medical check up, u should have built a good medical facilities in your state. shameless governor!

How long does it take to build a world-class Hospital? Babangida Aliyu who spent 8yrs as their Governor couldn't build a world-class Hospital (you didn't complain), but you are already condemning a Governor who has barely spent 4months in Government House. He's better than Akpabio the propaganda Governor (the only Governor who built a world-class Hospital in his State but ran away to another Country when he had problem)!
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by ishiamu(m): 7:25am On Sep 29, 2015
You were to do what Why is apc always lying? Nawa oo
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2015
Na Ludo you go play for stadia??
Re: Niger Gov: I Wasn’t In London To Watch Football Match by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 29, 2015
Not a football fan but wear chelsea track suit and cap,who is deceiving who?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Large Pit Opens Up In Hertfordshire, Britain / What I Think About The Ministerial List - Exlink Lodge / “I Remain A Senator” – Kashamu Insists As Tribunal Reads Judgement Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.