Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region (4761 Views)

Drop A Message For The Nigerdelta Militants / Why We Must Have A CHANGE In The Status Quo Involving The NigerDelta And Nigeria / Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by cybertyrant(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
These are the population and ranking of major tribes in the nigerdelta.
Prove me wrong if i made a mistake

Niger delta states

1-abia
2-anambra
3-akwa ibom
4-bayelsa
5-cross river
6-delta
7-edo
8-imo
9-lagos
10-ondo
11-rivers

With these oil and gas states i judge my population
1-igbo
2-yoruba
3-ijaw
4-ibibio
5-urhobo
6-binis
7-efik
8-ikwerre
9-esan
10-kalabari
Least is igala(northern anambra)

Oil production
1-rivers
2-akwa ibom
3-delta
4-imo
5-bayelsa
6-abia
7-ondo
8-anambra
9-edo
10-cross river
Lagos hasnt started production

Landmass
1-delta
2-cross river
3-ondo
4-edo
5-anambra
6-bayelsa
7-rivers
8-abia
9-akwa ibom
10-imo
11-lagos

What do u think

Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Proffdada: 9:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
smiley
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by OBAFEMIawolowo: 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
When did anambta and lagos become Niger delta states?
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Wrong

Nigerdelta states are 9 states made up of the 6 SS states 2 SE states and 1 SW states

Major tribes are

Igbos

Ijaws

Ibibios

Annangs

Binis

Urhobos

Isekiris

Yorubas

cool

1 Like

Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by eghuan1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2015
how did lagos, imo and anambra become part of niger delta? OP, you have to go and learn your regional geography.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by pazienza(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2015
eghuan1:
how did lagos, imo and anambra become part of niger delta? OP, you have to go and learn your regional geography.

What is Niger delta? That's the question you should be asking.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Ugomba(m): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2015
@op.. In crude oil production, Delta State is number one..
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by eghuan1(m): 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
pazienza:

for your enlightenment. Thank me later.
this was lifted from wikipedia
Geography The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km 2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa , Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia , Akwa-Ibom , Cross River State , Edo , Imo and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people [2] of more than 40 ethnic groups including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio , Igbo , Annang, Oron , Ijaw , Itsekiri, Yoruba , Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani , and Kalabari , are among the inhabitants in the Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects. The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State , Bayelsa State , Cross River State , Delta State , Edo State and Rivers State are two different entities. While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing region the Nigerian South South is a geo- political zone.

hope you were able to comprehend it?
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by eghuan1(m): 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2015
pazienza:

Geography The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by the Nigerian government, extends over about 70,000 km 2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up 7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and cartographically, it consists of present-day Bayelsa , Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000, however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia , Akwa-Ibom , Cross River State , Edo , Imo and Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million people [2] of more than 40 ethnic groups including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio , Igbo , Annang, Oron , Ijaw , Itsekiri, Yoruba , Isoko, Urhobo, Ukwuani , and Kalabari , are among the inhabitants in the Niger Delta, speaking about 250 different dialects. The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone", which includes Akwa Ibom State , Bayelsa State , Cross River State , Delta State , Edo State and Rivers State are two different entities. While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing region the Nigerian South South is a geo- political zone.

Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Sep 07, 2015
eghuan1:

Geography
The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by
the Nigerian government, extends over about
70,000 km 2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up
7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and
cartographically, it consists of present-day
Bayelsa , Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000,
however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia ,
Akwa-Ibom , Cross River State , Edo , Imo and
Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million
people [2] of more than 40 ethnic groups
including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio , Igbo ,
Annang, Oron , Ijaw , Itsekiri, Yoruba , Isoko,
Urhobo, Ukwuani , and Kalabari , are among the
inhabitants in the Niger Delta, speaking about
250 different dialects.
The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone",
which includes Akwa Ibom State , Bayelsa
State , Cross River State , Delta State , Edo State
and Rivers State are two different entities.
While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing
region the Nigerian South South is a geo-
political zone.

Lol! As long as you are using states which are political terms to define Niger delta, then Niger delta becomes a political term.

For avoidance of doubts, Niger delta in the Nigerian political term includes : Abia, Delta,Bayelsa,Akwa-ibom,Cross rivers, Edo,Imo, Ondo,Rivers.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by eghuan1(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2015
you have obviously lost it, but I will grant you the time to redeem yourself, so Please go ahead and educate us on how a South Easterner became a Niger Deltan and please remember that Niger Delta is different from South South which actually does not come into this arguement right now.

Please conclude your theory before I come from work and I close before 2pm
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by cybertyrant(m): 8:39am On Sep 07, 2015
eghuan1:
you have obviously lost it, but I will grant you the time to redeem yourself, so Please go ahead and educate us on how a South Easterner became a Niger Deltan and please remember that Niger Delta is different from South South which actually does not come into this arguement right now.

Please conclude your theory before I come from work and I close before 2pm

First of all wat is delta
Delta is a land where a river empties into the sea or ocean, nigerdelta is a land where the river niger empties into the sea or ocean
And river niger crossed anambra,edo,delta,running into abia and imo down to other places, the original nigerdelta supposed to be delta,bayelsa,rivers,akwaibom,abia and imo.
Cross river is attached because of oil and gas like wise edo,lagos,anambra,ondo and edo,
Why is there no BENUEDELTA sad

Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by eghuan1(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2015
cybertyrant:

First of all wat is delta
Delta is a land where a river empties into the sea or ocean, nigerdelta is a land where the river niger empties into the sea or ocean
And river niger crossed anambra,edo,delta,running into abia and imo down to other places, the original nigerdelta supposed to be delta,bayelsa,rivers,akwaibom,abia and imo.
Cross river is attached because of oil and gas like wise edo,lagos,anambra,ondo and edo,
Why is there no BENUEDELTA sad

since you said it passes through anambra, you should havr added, Kogi, Niger state and maybe Benin republic as well as the Futa Djallon regions
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Rizstar: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2015
ok

Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Maxberg(m): 7:09am On Nov 27, 2021
Na when the east and west became Niger delta?
You forgot to include ekiti, kwara, gombe, zamfara and others.

You can only deceive yourself but not us.

SOUTH SOUTH STATES:
*Rivers
*Delta
*Bayelsa
*Akwa Ibom
*Edo
*Cross River

NIGER DELTA STATES:
* Rivers
* Delta
* Bayelsa

OIL PRODUCING STATES:
* Akwa Ibom-53
* Delta-44.9
* Rivers-44
* Bayelsa-25
* Edo-8
* Imo-3
* Ondo-2
* Abia-1
* Cross River 1 or nothing

Don't mix this up next time
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Ngorbungor(m): 7:54am On Nov 27, 2021
eghuan1:

since you said it passes through anambra, you should havr added, Kogi, Niger state and maybe Benin republic as well as the Futa Djallon regions

Cant you at least Google what Delta means before disgracing yourself in public.

If you don't know please ask. This is the definition of a Delta:

A delta is an area of low, flat land shaped like a triangle, where a river splits and spreads out into several branches before entering the sea.

Please learn to argue constructively.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by MufasaLion: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2021
OP is right about his Niger Delta definition.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by omaclarry(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2021
eghuan1:

Geography
The Niger Delta, as now defined officially by
the Nigerian government, extends over about
70,000 km 2 (27,000 sq mi) and makes up
7.5% of Nigeria's land mass. Historically and
cartographically, it consists of present-day
Bayelsa , Delta, and Rivers States. In 2000,
however, Obasanjo's regime included Abia ,
Akwa-Ibom , Cross River State , Edo , Imo and
Ondo States in the region. Some 31 million
people [2] of more than 40 ethnic groups
including the Bini, Efik, Esan, Ibibio , Igbo ,
Annang, Oron , Ijaw , Itsekiri, Yoruba , Isoko,
Urhobo, Ukwuani , and Kalabari , are among the
inhabitants in the Niger Delta, speaking about
250 different dialects.
The Niger Delta, and the "South South Zone",
which includes Akwa Ibom State , Bayelsa
State , Cross River State , Delta State , Edo State
and Rivers State are two different entities.
While the Niger Delta is the oil-producing
region the Nigerian South South is a geo-
political zone.

You wia asked meaning of Niger delta, u re busy making a political statement. First search the meaning of delta in Google then attach Niger as a prefix. Note: Niger is a water body in this context.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by YoungRay007: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2021
Chai, so cross river state is no longer an oil producing state. Lagos discovered one cup of oil after that, the well dried.
Re: Ranking Population And Major Tribes In The Nigerdelta region by Ttalk: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2021
cybertyrant:
These are the population and ranking of major tribes in the nigerdelta.
Prove me wrong if i made a mistake

Niger delta states

1-abia
2-anambra
3-akwa ibom
4-bayelsa
5-cross river
6-delta
7-edo
8-imo
9-lagos
10-ondo
11-rivers

With these oil and gas states i judge my population
1-igbo
2-yoruba
3-ijaw
4-ibibio
5-urhobo
6-binis
7-efik
8-ikwerre
9-esan
10-kalabari
Least is igala(northern anambra)

Oil production
1-rivers
2-akwa ibom
3-delta
4-imo
5-bayelsa
6-abia
7-ondo
8-anambra
9-edo
10-cross river
Lagos hasnt started production

Landmass
1-delta
2-cross river
3-ondo
4-edo
5-anambra
6-bayelsa
7-rivers
8-abia
9-akwa ibom
10-imo
11-lagos

What do u think

Lagos has been producing oil for many years at Dahomey basin by Folawiyo company. It is very visible if you every visit Badagry beach or travel through Seme border.

Stop making statement that would make you look like illiterate and uninformed

(1) (Reply)

Can You Name Your Dog Ojukwu In The East Without Consequences? / This Man Was Given 2 Years To Live. What He Did Next Shocked The Medical World / See How NCDC Officials Make Money By Forging People Covid-19 Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.