Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo (1068 Views)

Gov Okorocha's Chatham House Saga Shows Igbos Got No Respect For Anybody / List Of Northerners And Their Appointments Under Gej's Government! / Ooni's Demise: Where's The Nationalism In Buhari?f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Movic1(m): 6:50am On Sep 07, 2015
Festus Keyamo may have struck a nerve, by attempting to ridicule the noise from the South East over the appointments made so far, by President Muhammadu Buhari. Keyamo, a renowned lawyer, says the Igbos got the biggest of the appointments, in the person of Emmanuel Kachikwu, the head of NNPC, whom he insists is an Igbo man. In an interview with Punch Newspapers, Keyamo articulated why it makes no sense to appoint people based on ethnicity. He said: “Buhari got the lowest number of votes from the South-South. But as I said, the appointments are not yet complete. You say he has not appointed any Igbo but the biggest position so far has gone to an Igbo man: Emmanuel Kachikwu who is the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. It is just by modern political divide that the man falls within Delta State but he is a Delta Igbo. They speak Igbo. It is only by political delineation that he falls within Delta State but there are Igbo speaking Deltans. He is an Igbo man but only on the other side of the Niger.” “He is not an Urhobo man. What language does he speak? Is it not Igbo? So what are we talking about? That is the biggest position and they have it already. So, you can see that all this noise is being made by frustrated and jobless politicians who just want to use ethnicity to get juicy positions. It is orchestrated. We the elite should not be moved by this noise and selfish agenda. Imagine a whole ethnic group campaigning for a position! Initially, they said chief of staff, then SGF. Now, with all the noise they have been making since May 29, imagine if one person from that region is appointed to that position.” “That person will then see himself as a champion of his ethnic group and his kinsmen will descend on that office in the area of contracts and gifts. He will destroy the sanctity of that office and turn it into a political chessboard because that person will see himself as representing a region in that position. It removes professionalism from that position. So, we should not campaign for offices on the basis of representing an ethnic bloc. Yes, every region will get appointments but once he is appointed, he should not see himself as representing that ethnic group but the whole country.
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by wapSmart(m): 7:00am On Sep 07, 2015
One of the reason why i loathe this country is the fact that we tends to CHEW things for so long.

This Appointments of a thing is getting Ad-nausseum
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by donholy28(m): 7:11am On Sep 07, 2015
Who be dix fool
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by playahata: 7:11am On Sep 07, 2015
Keyamo, your people are the ones in more need of contracts and gifts. Besides since when did you start to classify yourself as "elite"?!!
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2015
"Is Delta an igbo state", Quote me anywhere.
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2015
True statements by Festus Keyamo
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 07, 2015
Na only Amadioha in collabo with Sango to tidy this man fuckup..
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by zendy: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2015
well I hope people are hearing Keyamo? Igbos are not only limited to the 5 states in the South East. When Biafra comes, we are taking all Igbos in Delta state with us

1 Like

Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2015
": Emmanuel Kachikwu who is the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. It is just by modern political divide that the man falls within Delta State but he is a Delta Igbo. They speak Igbo. It is only by political delineation that he falls within Delta State but there are Igbo speaking Deltans. He is an Igbo man but only on the other side of the Niger.” “He is not an Urhobo man. What language does he speak? Is it not Igbo?"
all of a sudden igbos are now in the southsouth, and some jobless inconsequential people whose opinions dibt count from Edo state that was mistakenly carved into southsouth would be hiding under the guise of "we the ss people" and be saying there are no igbos in the Southsouth, people like me no longer waste my time on them or there delusions, me personally know that Nigeria wont divide. Even if it does no Jupiter on Earth can stop us from getting back our land that some people fraudulently carved into other regions.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by permsec: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2015
What is this one saying? Should the rule of federal character be negleted?
Everybody is indirectly not concerned abouth ethnicity anymore. I hate when people dont mind their business.

Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 07, 2015
zendy:
well I hope people are hearing Keyamo? Igbos are not only limited to the 5 states in the South East. When Biafra comes, we are taking all Igbos in Delta state with us
Thats the same way that if an Emeka Chibuike was appointed from Rivers state this people would still say igbos got appointments, but the moment u hear oil reserves or anything they would tell u that someone who bears igbo names, speak igbo language pactices igbo culture is not igbo but migrated from Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by warrior01: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2015
Lol... Never knew Kachikwu via the Nnpc is a member of the National Executive Council. Anyways, thanks to Keyamo for acknowledging what is being taught my Yoruba brothers that the Igbo nation extends to Edo state ( igbanke)
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2015
So the SouthSouth region gave Buhari the least number of votes, this same SouthSouth region were the ones who wasted the chance of the presidency. And now they are acting like they never knew what happened, any of them that wants to get in good eyes with Buhari would come out and start either beefing Gej or say Gej did nothing for them, Buhari and Apc know that we igbos might not yet be in Apc 100% but when we join we would be loyal to the game, unlike some people who are only your friends because of what you have to offer then the moment you leave u start hearing stunts like Buhari didnt do anything for the southsouth, Buhari was bad etc...
Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by zendy: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2015
lygn19:

Thats the same way that if an Emeka Chibuike was appointed from Rivers state this people would still say igbos got appointments, but the moment u hear oil reserves or anything they would tell u that someone who bears igbo names, speak igbo language pactices igbo culture is not igbo but migrated from Benin.

The hypocrisy of the thing is just laughable. Whenever Nigeria finds out that any part of Igbo land has oil, they will carve the place out and put it in the so called South-South
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by zendy: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2015
warrior01:
Lol... Never knew Kachikwu via the Nnpc is a member of the National Executive Council. Anyways, thanks to Keyamo for acknowledging what is being taught my Yoruba brothers that the Igbo nation extends to Edo state ( igbanke)

It is still a mystery to me how the Igbo speaking people of Igbanke found themselves in Edo state
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by emmysoftyou: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2015
zendy:

It is still a mystery to me how the Igbo speaking people of Igbanke found themselves in Edo state
why is it a mystery to you zendy..
Olukumi move frm ondo state(owo) to the heart of igbos in delta state presently and they speaks a coin yorubas language.

The samething happens to igbanke people frm delta state and they found themselves close to edo state shouldnt surprised you cos agbor/ika is close to benin..
All these happened cos of exodus(movement of jah pple)..
Re: Igbos Got The Biggest Of The Appointments Under Buhari- F Keyamo by wordcat(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Is Delta an igbo state", Quote me anywhere.

The interviewer was even asking him about South East and he jumped to Igbos.

(1) (Reply)

The Herdsmen From Hell By Femi Fani-kayode / Conspiracy Theory Of Recent Kidnappings In SW / BIAFRANS Ready To Go, Starts Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.