Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC (1215 Views)

Apc Wants A Vibrant Opposition – Abdullahi / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / The 10 Most Vibrant Senators Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by 175(m): 7:33am On Sep 07, 2015
Democracy is the government of people, by the
people and for the people. It is the most common
form of the government in this world. In
democracy, the opposition has a great role to
play.

. . ."Do you want Nigeria to be a one-party state? Do you know that one of the major reasons why the PDP failed in its 16 years in power was because for 14 of those 16 years they had no real opposition? Why do you want that to happen again?. . ." these are the exact words of Meiji a NairaLander to Nngenekwenu.
The role of opposition is crucial to democracy and
speaks directly to Africa`s future. Opposition
plays varying roles in parliament, on behalf of
their constituency, within policy, policy
development and accounting for project
implementation.
Some keys roles of opposition parties:
To hold governments accountable ; they serve
as watchdogs ensuring government functions
within the confines of the law, exposing the
likes of corruption, nepotism, and the abuse of
power. They pursue justice upon any deviation
from the law or constitution by government.
To serve as a credible alternative to the ruling
government; this function is crucial because
competition is healthy in ensuring better
service delivery and preventing complacency by
the sitting government.

To promote and stimulate debates in
parliament; often after elections a quiet season
descends, with the winning party and
politicians resurfacing in the build-up to the
next election. Opposition is in a privileged
position to call for debate and media attention
on key issues being debated in parliament. The
opposition can further push for a national
conversation while enhancing a culture of
democratic discourse. It is opposition that can
foster national debate and strengthen policy.
To be a training ground for future leaders ;
youth leagues groom young people on the
values and principles of the party and
leadership. Shadow cabinets are also a great
platform for parties to teach members on
ministerial and other government positions.

A NairaLander, HeavenShield in affirmation to Meiji said and I quote . . ." God bless you my brother..You are the only person that have prompted me to comment since
I have been reading comments for 3 days now.
Please can you repeat it again and again? More
than half of political followers are always thinking
like retrogressives not progressives. Why do want
an opposition party to die? How will the
government be put on their toes if the willy
wailers are not wailing, comeon. Let us in the
social media not kill opposition. Lets think like
young progressives not like old progressives. . ."
The unnecessary villifying of PDP and all other opposition parties quest to rise again should be highly discouraged. The dangers of a dominant and very powerful one party experiment can not be over-emphasied. Nigeria just halted that process few months back. . .let's not slide back again encourage the opposition to thrive before your darling APC turns to a monster. The APC can only do well If the opposition is vibrant. . .however when there's no competition, the Nation suffers just like we had it in the last 16 years.

Plato has rightly said, “The punishment of wise man who refuse to take part in the affairs of the
government, is to live under the government of
unwise men.”. . A prosperous Nigeria should be everyone's dream whether from the opposition or not!

Thank You!
07-09-15

1 Like

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2015
Opposition makes democracy stronger and should be encouraged by all sane minds. However, we have identified a curse party which will be much more detrimental to our democracy than building it and that is the PDP. . This cursed party and their minions must die. The new face of our opposition (National) should be Kowa party (APGA cant fit that role since they are very myopic). Kowa should brace up for this challenge especially knowing fully well that the PDP is dying with each passing day.

3 Likes

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by omowolewa: 7:43am On Sep 07, 2015
The issue here is that our two large political parties are yet to understand their role.
The ruling party still behaves like the opposition while the opposition is yet to find his feet on the soil of Nigrian democrazy.

1 Like

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by 175(m): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem:
Opposition makes democracy stronger and should be encouraged by all sane minds. However, we have identified a curse party which will be much more detrimental to our democracy than building it and that is the PDP. (APGA cant fit that role since they are very myopic). This cursed party and their minions must die. The new face of our opposition (National) should be Kowa party. Kowa should brace up for this challenge especially knowing fully well that the PDP is dying with each passing day.

What If the youths take over the PDP as it is being mulled at the moment?
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by Demdem(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2015
175:

What If the youths take over the PDP as it is being mulled at the moment?

There are youths everywhere so youths taking over PDP wont help the situation. The Psyche of the PDP has founded by the founding fathers is the problem which is "I chop, u chop, Ffuck Nigeria." The more reason why this hopeless party has to die. I understand that some players of this cursed party has moved elsewhere but am yet to see another party with this same useless psyche. I will advise these youths of urs to take over KOWA. Already, remnants of the killer party in the SW are already talking about creating a new party from the dying PDP.
Again let me reinstate that am aint part of those that think that the solution of this country lies only exclusively with the youths. We need a blend of both youths and the aged (Experience).

3 Likes

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by 175(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem:

There are youths everywhere so youths taking over PDP wont help the situation. The Psyche of the PDP has founded by the founding fathers is the problem which is "I chop, u chop, Ffuck Nigeria." The more reason why this hopeless party has to die. I understand that some players of this cursed party has moved elsewhere but am yet to see another party with this same useless psyche. I will advise these youths of urs to take over KOWA. Already, remnants of the killer party in the SW are already talking about creating a new party from the dying PDP.
Again let me reinstate that am aint part of those that think that the solution of this country lies only exclusively with the youths. We need a blend of both youths and the aged (Experience).

Taking over a party that have no structures or National spread, is not going to be easy as you think, time is of the essence. The ruling party must not be given the luxury to become too powerful just like PDP in the last 16 years. Even If PDP dies, don't you think it will only be the name?
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by Demdem(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2015
175:

Taking over a party that have no structures or National spread,

That spread u see in PDP u are talking of is a mirage. its shrinking by the day. Thats is the bitter truth and simply because the foundation is based on money to be shared. Now that no money is to be shared unlike before. its packing up. Ur youths should be ready to work and start afresh with the right thinking and pray that the current leadership should fail. A prayer i know can never be answered because other youths are also in this same government also praying that it succeeds.

is not going to be easy as you think, time is of the essence.

Nothing is easy in life so why should this be an exception? besides, learn fro ACN, ANPP that transformed to APC. It wasnt a days job. No time is of essence, we currently have a good head in Aso rock. we only need a credible opposition to keep him on his toes and not to take over.

The ruling party must not be given the luxury to become too powerful just like PDP in the last 16 years.

i agree, having a national spread like u claimed doesnt mean that will stop them if they want to. Kowa should brace up.

Even If PDP dies, don't you think it will only be the name?

Like i said earlier, it goes beyond the name but the Psyche will also die. also, its not a matter of if it dies, the party is already dying. the main source of their togetherness has been chopped off. the sheep no longer have a shepherd. They will surely scatter.

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by 175(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem, you debate very well and your counter points are articulate. . .kudos! I kinda buy your line of reasoning. . .but why is the other side of you is so so toxic
To be honest I've really enjoyed our very first peaceful conversation here on NairaLand. Better days ahead!

God bless Nigeria!
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2015
175:
Demdem, you debate very well and your counter points are articulate. . .kudos! I kinda buy your line of reasoning. . .but why is the other side of you is so so toxic
To be honest I've really enjoyed our very first peaceful conversation here on NairaLand. Better days ahead!

God bless Nigeria!

I only play toxic when i see fools trying to play smart. it nauseates me. I enjoy so many conversations here on NL. check my records.
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by ArodewilliamsT: 9:17am On Sep 07, 2015
Demdem:
Opposition makes democracy stronger and should be encouraged by all sane minds. However, we have identified a curse party which will be much more detrimental to our democracy than building it and that is the PDP. . This cursed party and their minions must die. The new face of our opposition (National) should be Kowa party (APGA cant fit that role since they are very myopic). Kowa should brace up for this challenge especially knowing fully well that the PDP is dying with each passing day.

you are looking for a mushroom Yoruba party to play opposition to your terrorist party? The mor.on in you is greater than you. grin
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by after1: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

you are looking for a mushroom Yoruba party to play opposition to your terrorist party? The mor.on in you is greater than you. grin

Shut up Amadi Collins the rapist and kidnapper.

1 Like

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by ArodewilliamsT: 9:25am On Sep 07, 2015
after1:

[s]
Shut up Amadi Collins the rapist and kidnapper.[/s]

next

Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by Demdem(m): 9:40am On Sep 07, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

as usual, all issues to be viewed from his myopic tribal lens. Utter rubbish.
Re: Vibrant Opposition: Enough Of The Mockeries From The APC by 175(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
ArodeWilliams no cursing here pls. . .me no want ooo cheesycheesy

(1) (Reply)

GRAPHIC PHOTOS: Man Bites Off Another Man's Lower Lip Over Woman In Delta State / Shauku Abubarker Not Dead But Crippled / Don’t Cry For Bola Tinubu - Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.