Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Arik Pilots On Strike - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Pilots On Strike (1592 Views)

Air Peace Women Pilots Lead All Female Crew On Flights To Abuja, Owerri. Photos / Two Female Pilots All Smiles After Flying Passengers From Abuja To Lagos. Photos / Inside The New Qantas Dreamliners Where The Pilots And Crew Sleep(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Pilots On Strike by janvier27(m): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
Why is life so difficult in Nigeria. I returned to Nigeria from a trip yesterday and was defrauded at the arrival area by dollar changers. Up till now, I still can't understand how half of the money I changed disappeared before I got to my hotel. I don't believe in money disappearing, so I think he must have played some trick in the process of counting. It's still mysterious cos I think I counted the money very well, and I am usually very careful. The only thing is I felt very uncomfortable with the man, and even joked about my money disappearing to my driver. Next time, I will follow my intuition more. Now back to the airport this morning. Arik pilots on strike. I have been standing on the check-in line for well over 1hr without any help. How will Arik be owing it's pilots salaries for over 4months? The only thing I am sure of now is that the whole day is messed up for me. Whether we would eventually fly today, I don't know.
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
janvier27:
Why is life so difficult in Nigeria. I returned to Nigeria from a trip yesterday and was defrauded at the arrival area by dollar changers. Up till now, I still can't understand how half of the money I changed disappeared before I got to my hotel. I don't believe in money disappearing, so I think he must have played some trick in the process of counting. It's still mysterious cos I think I counted the money very well, and I am usually very careful. The only thing is I felt very uncomfortable with the man, and even joked about my money disappearing to my driver. Next time, I will follow my intuition more. Now back to the airport this morning. Arik pilots on strike. I have been standing on the check-in line for well over 1hr without any help. How will Arik be owing it's pilots salaries for over 4months? The only thing I am sure of now is that the whole day is messed up for me. Whether we would eventually fly today, I don't know.
I rather use keke napep than fly arik
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by ammyluv2002(f): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
londongal03:
I rather use keke napep than fly arik
Yet they charge very high with poor services. Those people don show me pepper undecided undecided
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by zik4ever: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
I hear the dispute has now been resolved. Can anyone else confirm?
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by janvier27(m): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
zik4ever:
I hear the dispute has now been resolved. Can anyone else confirm?
I don't think so. I think they ve found a way to take a few flights, specifically two flights to Abuja. Announcements have now started coming for flights cancellation, two so far cancelled. I ve been on my feet for hours now, no where to sit & still praying that mine will also not be cancelled. And nobody is giving us any information.
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by tpiander: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hm.
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
I just put a call to the Arik manager to help me secure a ticket on their flight tomorrow morning only for him to tell me that their Pilots have gone on strike.

God will help Nigeria
Re: Arik Pilots On Strike by janvier27(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2015
My flight was eventually cancelled yesterday around 5pm. Several flights were cancelled yesterday. So frustrating. I hope we'd make it today.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Chile / Air France: Transit Visa Compulsory For Nigerians Travelling To UK Wef Jan1 / Direction From Yaba To Lekki Phase 1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.