Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? (4962 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Our Forefathers Or Fraud? / What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

I'm not vexing fam, only stating facts. You must be mistaking your emotions for mine grin

Good I'm glad say u no de vex. abeg no vex u hear.

Well to u there is no evidence that God exists even when mama peace said there is God ooo. But to you again there is no evidence against the existence of God. You chose the side of the divide u loved.

You cannot use the example of drug... because you know that some people get well without any medicine.
Even science agrees with placebo effects. People who pray tell you God answered them and you doubt them. it's easier to say 'if God answered you, goodluck with that, He did not answer me. How did you do it?'
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Bros abeg you school for Cambridge?

Yes I can tell you that I am eating an apple even when you don't see it on my hand...yes I am the one eating it not u.

Its a universal existence with personal convictions.
So i can be in front of you while you keep moving your mouth claiming to be the eating an apple while i see no apple in your hands or inside your mouth?

If in fact that you are eating an apple it conforms to logic that there must be some in your mouth while you chew but if there isn't and still claim you are eating an apple one can not only disbelieve that you are eating an apple but tag the personal experience claim to be a psychological condition...
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
So i can be in front of you while you keep moving your mouth claiming to be the eating an apple while i see no apple in your hands or inside your mouth?

If in fact that you are eating an apple it conforms to logic that there must be some in your mouth while you chew but if there isn't and still claim you are eating an apple one can not only disbelieve that you are eating an apple but tag the personal experience claim to be a psychological condition...

psychological conception...waoh. Is it psychological conception if I tell you I have tooth ache?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Princewell2012(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

I'm not taking any sides here.

I'm looking at things from a neutral perspective.

I'm just exposing some flaws and contradictions in Christian mythology. If you check the Bible even the stories on Christ's crucifixion do not tally up in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John

So does mark confessed that Jesus died while luke says otherwise?
do they not agree in one thing? so what actually is the contradiction there?

just curious.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by nickz(m): 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao. . . The Pythagorean/Pythagoras theorem i know is a mathematical theorem that states that the quare of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

So i wonder where you got this theory and how it has been demonstrated to be true?
aside being a mathematician,pythagoras was also a philosopher...pardon my use of 'theory' in this context;itsmore of a doctrine so to speak...make researches on metempsychosis
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

psychological conception...waoh. Is it psychological conception if I tell you I have tooth ache?
Now you have arrived smiley

Telling me you are having a tooth ache is the same thing as telling me you are feeling yourself because your teeth is you.... A tooth ache is a feeling (Pain)

An apple is not you but rather an external thing introduced into your body so it is impossible to be eating an apple when your mouth is empty unless of course you imagined you are eating one..

An existent deity is not you so there is no way you can claim a personal experience for a existent entity unless of course such unfounded entity is in your head.
If i ask you to prove your mother to me, you can always take me and show me your mum, you cannot tell me your mum is invisible that you have a personal relationship with her so that is how you know she exists...

So you see, you don't need a personal experience to know your mum exists, you are certain of it and others around you are...

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Now you have arrived smiley

Telling me you are having a tooth ache is the same thing as telling me you are feeling yourself because your teeth is you.... A tooth ache is a feeling (Pain)

An apple is not you but rather an external thing introduced into your body so it is impossible to be eating an apple when your mouth is empty unless of course you imagined you are eating one..

An existent deity is not you so there is no way you can claim a personal experience for a existent entity unless of course such unfounded entity is in your head.
If i ask you to prove your mother to me, you can always take me and show me your mum, you cannot tell me your mum is invisible that you have a personal relationship with her so that is how you know she exists...

So you see, you don't need a personal experience to know your mum exists, you are certain of it and others around you are...

But u believe I have tooth ache when I told you.... do you need a proof? But its debatable still isn't it? Because of the truth I may or may not have tooth ache.

God (even if He is in my head) is a reality to me. I heard He is, I agreed, I searched and I am convinced. I believed. I am still asking Him to reveal Himself more to me. You can choose to do likewise if u want.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
I really and am currently regret the day I broke my phone.

really missing a lot from great men on Nairaland.

johnnydon22 I see u

just GATS borrow to login
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

But u believe I have tooth ache when I told you.... do you need a proof? But its debatable still isn't it? Because of the truth I may or may not have tooth ache.

God (even if He is in my head) is a reality to me. I heard He is, I agreed, I searched and I am convinced. I believed. I am still asking Him to reveal Himself more to me. You can choose to do likewise if u want.
That one believe you have a tooth ache is because your tooth is you, so employing such psychological perception to an entity that supposed to exist is like telling me God is merely but a feeling of yours, with that i can then agree...

If God is not you just like your tooth is you then God needs more than a claim of personal relationship.

So you see; A tooth ache is a feeling
God on the other hand is not but supposed to be an independent existential entity so is not a feeling so there is nothing like personal conviction, that is against reason.

Unless God is in your head (A feeling) then we agree....

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
krattoss:
I really and am currently regret the day I broke my phone.

really missing a lot from great men on Nairaland.

johnnydon22 I see u

just GATS borrow to login
Go repair am naaa grin
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Go repair am naaa grin
I wish I can but its beyond repair
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
That one believe you have a tooth ache is because your tooth is you, so employing such psychological perception to an entity that supposed to exist is like telling me God is merely but a feeling of yours, with that i can then agree...

If God is not you just like your tooth is you then God needs more than a claim of personal relationship.

So you see; A tooth ache is a feeling
God on the other hand is not but supposed to be an independent existential entity so is not a feeling so there is nothing like personal conviction, that is against reason.

Unless God is in your head (A feeling) then we agree....

Against reason you say? There is something called toothache, everyone believes that, It's universally accepted huh? But there are people who are yet to experience the sensation. How should they go about the conviction?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Against reason you say? There is something called toothache, everyone believes that, It's universally accepted huh? But there are people who are yet to experience the sensation. How should they go about the conviction?
Tooth ache is not an entity but a feeling just like sadness is a feeling...

Now tell me; Is God a feeling?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Tooth ache is not an entity but a feeling just like sadness is a feeling...

Now tell me; Is God a feeling?

God is not a feeling but He has some swag that you can actually feel.

I was only trying to let u know that something can be true, and yet debatable.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

God is not a feeling but He has some swag that you can actually feel.

I was only trying to let u know that something can be true, and yet debatable.

Good, God is not a feeling so am sure it is clear now... Since God is not a feeling, claiming a personal experience of something that is an entity is either Imagination or psychological tease..

The tooth ache analogy in no way reconciles with the concept of a deity since we have now determined that God is not a feeling like a tooth ache is a feeling so trying to reconcile both you must first agree both are similar concepts
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
Princewell2012:

So does mark confessed that Jesus died while luke says otherwise?
do they not agree in one thing? so what actually is the contradiction there?

just curious.
I'm just saying their time lines are different.

Luke says that Pilate sent Jesus to Herod and Herod and his soldiers humiliated Jesus before sending him back. The others bible chapters don't say this.

One of them (can't remember which) says Jesus was questioned by the pharisees during the daytime while the others say it was at night.

If you ask me the death of Jesus was a conspiracy between Pilate and Herod. Read Luke Chap 23 verse 12: "And the same day Pilate and Herod where made friends together: for before there were an enmity between themselves".

If you read the records the Romans kept about the generals they sent to govern Isreal it states that Pilate was one of the meanest men to Govern Isreal. He was a military man and committed some atrocious acts while he was in charge. Why did the disciples try paint him as a kind soft man. I think politics was involved.

But most importantly why did the other gospels refuse to put the fact that Jesus was sent to Herod by Pilate. Only Luke did. IMO that was a very important event that was acknowledged by only one gospel.

If you ask me Jesus was growing in influence and the people were already calling him King of the Jews. Pilate got scared. Herod got scared. They both formulated a plan to kill him.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Princewell2012(m): 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

I'm just saying their time lines are different.

Luke says that Pilate sent Jesus to Herod and Herod and his soldiers humiliated Jesus before sending him back. The others bible chapters don't say this.

One of them (can't remember which) says Jesus was questioned by the pharisees during the daytime while the others say it was at night.

If you ask me the death of Jesus was a conspiracy between Pilate and Herod. Read Luke Chap 23 verse 12: "And the same day Pilate and Herod where made friends together: for before there were an enmity between themselves".

If you read the records the Romans kept about the generals they sent to govern Isreal it states that Pilate was one of the meanest men to Govern Isreal. He was a military man and committed some atrocious acts while he was in charge. Why did the disciples try paint him as a kind soft man. I think politics was involved.

But most importantly why did the other gospels refuse to put the fact that Jesus was sent to Herod by Pilate. Only Luke did. IMO that was a very important event that was acknowledged by only one gospel.

If you ask me Jesus was growing in influence and the people were already calling him King of the Jews. Pilate got scared. Herod got scared. They both formulated a plan to kill him.

Then that is not a contradiction.
pls what is contradiction? that where the problem lies.

If you were ten in number, and i tell a story if i should ask ten of to repeat that same story exactly as i said it. Believe me all of you will definitely omit one thing or the other. true or false? but you will all arrive at a particular points. And will agree the same thing, thats not a contradiction.

The most important is thing is that the disciples of Jesus tell us a story about Jesus.

HOW HE CAME INTO THE WORD TO SAVE MAN FROM THEIR SIN.

HOW HE DIED AND RESURRECTED, AND FINALLY ASCENDED TO HEAVEN.

NOW DOES THESE PEOPLE AGREED IN ONE THING OR ARE THEY SAYING A DIFFERENT THINGS? THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVERYBODY SHOULD UNDERSTAND.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2015
dmandy:

Good I'm glad say u no de vex. abeg no vex u hear.

Well to u there is no evidence that God exists even when mama peace said there is God ooo. But to you again there is no evidence against the existence of God. You chose the side of the divide u loved.

You cannot use the example of drug... because you know that some people get well without any medicine.
Even science agrees with placebo effects. People who pray tell you God answered them and you doubt them. it's easier to say 'if God answered you, goodluck with that, He did not answer me. How did you do it?'

Do what?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 08, 2015
hahn:

Do what?

How did I get Him to answer me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe / Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? / Miami Church Brands Members With "666" Tattoos"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.