Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? (4961 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Our Forefathers Or Fraud? / What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Ewo, na so u de judge ur own? How evidential is it that today is Monday?
That today is monday is a lingual expression, an igbo may call it Eke or Afor. . . So Monday, tuesday is in fact a lingual representation, a deity is a supposed existential entity..

So i ask again.... "Why then do you need "FAITH" to believe a deity exist but you don't need "faith" to know that earth exist"?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

If God exists in many ways then why are Christians trying to push theirs on others. Is one form of the same God greater than another.

the word is 'push'. Something that both christians, muslims, jews, pagans etc know is that God doesn't joke with peoples freedom. That being said any Christian forcing you is wrong. Haven't you noticed that even among Christians, there is still the battle for supremacy.

However, a christian says christ is good I have tasted it, Come and join me, it will be good for you.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
That today is monday is a lingual expression, an igbo may call it Eke or Afor. . . So Monday, tuesday is in fact a lingual representation, a deity is a supposed existential entity..

So i ask again.... "Why then do you need "FAITH" to believe a deity exist but you don't need "faith" to know that earth exist"?

Come down to my level na? your oyibo too big.

Anyways, you dont just need Faith to believe in a deity... you also need a revelation.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Ewo, na so u de judge ur own? How evidential is it that today is Monday?

It says today is Monday on the calender and this has been accepted worldwide. Do you have a job? You should know that then. How can you even describe the knowledge of today being Monday as "faith". It's like saying you need faith to accept you have a brain undecided
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Anyways, you dont just need Faith to believe in a deity... you also need a revelation.

What revelation have you gotten that makes you believe in your deity?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
The thing is; You cannot say your Father is a Caucasian and your brother on the other hand propose your father is a negroid.

How can you both have drastically opposite different descriptions of your father when both of you have met your father? it's either one of you (you or your brother) is lying or none you have actually ever met your father.

If all these concepts depicts the same entity, for that simple fact that they are opposite characters shows that each in fact is the cultural construct of the people that concept is found.

So just like your father cannot be Caucasian at the same time negro, God cannot have a wife at the same time not have a wife.

So it is either all these religions are lying or none of them actually has any idea of what God is and if this is true it means that everything you believing is the assumptive concept of the people who brought it out

Superb logic.

But that still shows that God Is too much.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

It says today is Monday on the calender and this has been accepted worldwide. Do you have a job? You should know that then. How can you even describe the knowledge of today being Monday as "faith". It's like saying you need faith to accept you have a brain undecided

lolx, maybe I need a little faith to beleive I have brain.

The reason why today is Monday is because it in your calendar and accepted worldwide. you believe that. But if I tow that line, that a deity God exists because it in the Bible and Quran and others write ups and accepted worldwide. You will go like yukklss
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

That i have a revelation that a blue diamond pig exists doesn't make it true. And again last time i checked the theism belief still revolves around "faith"

First the so called revelation need to be believed by "faith" and then the deity itself also needs to be believed by "faith"

Again why is it that for something as obvious as earth nobody needs faith but when it comes to a deity, faith is needed...
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

What revelation have you gotten that makes you believe in your deity?
It's my revelation and My deity. Look for your.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Superb logic.

But that still shows that God Is too much.
Lmao. . is this another way of telling me that "God has a character disorder?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao. . is this another way of telling me that "God has a character disorder?

I wouldn't call it that. I will say He manifests himself in different ways.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
That i have a revelation that a blue diamond pig exists doesn't make it true. And again last time i checked the theism belief still revolves around "faith"

First the so called revelation need to be believed by "faith" and then the deity itself also needs to be believed by "faith"

Again why is it that for something as obvious as earth nobody needs faith but when it comes to a deity, faith is needed...

Of course.... you need faith first then you experience. In science, you assume first, then you arrive at the undeniable truth.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Of course.... you need faith first then you experience. In science, you assume first, then you arrive at the undeniable truth.
If by assumption you mean hypothesis then yes, so now by employing this analogy are you now agreeing that the existence of deity is in fact assumptive or let me be fair "Hypothetical?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by nickz(m): 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
they join part of a 3000 year cycle,their souls after death enter a sea,land or air creature and then a human body.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

I wouldn't call it that. I will say He manifests himself in different ways.
That in fact is a character disorder unless God was married when he revealed himself to the Canaanites and then when he manifested to the jews he was divorced...grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
nickz:
they join part of a 3000 year cycle,their souls after death enter a sea,land or air creature and then a human body.
Mind if we ask how you got to know this?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
If by assumption you mean hypothesis then yes, so now by employing this analogy are you now agreeing that the existence of deity is in fact assumptive or let me be fair "Hypothetical?"

You dont have to sugarcoat It. It starts with assumption. yes!!! You start with a hypothesis...then you arrive at the thesis. abi

In matters of faith... you Hear....you search....then you believe. The assumption enables you to start the search (experiment)... the result.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

They worshipped idols.

Aren't the worshippers of Baal seen as evil in the Bible

SHUT UP!

We worship GODS through idols. not the idol itself.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

You dont have to sugarcoat It. It starts with assumption. yes!!! before landing at conviction. You start with a hypothesis...then you arrive at the thesis. abi

In matters of faith... you Hear....you search....then you believe. The assumption enables you to start the search (experiment)... the result.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

You dont have to sugarcoat It. It starts with assumption. yes!!! before landing at conviction. You start with a hypothesis...then you arrive at the thesis. abi

Good so we have concluded that the existence of any deity is still hypothetical, ok then that is decent. . .

Let's wait for some facts and evidences to be presented because last i checked any scientific hypothesis is not believed by faith or even asserted to be true but rather treated as just a hypothesis that it is until facts and discoveries proves it to be right then it becomes a proven scientific postulation.

and once evidence against that hypothesis is presented, the hypothesis is discarded, nobody still clings to it and believe it by faith ... That is science
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Good so we have concluded that the existence of any deity is still hypothetical, ok then that is decent. . .

Let's wait for some facts and evidences to be presented because last i checked any scientific hypothesis is not believed by faith or even asserted to be true but rather treated as just a hypothesis that it is until facts and discoveries proves it to be right then it becomes a proven scientific postulation.

and once evidence against that hypothesis is presented, the hypothesis is discarded, nobody still clings to it and believe it by faith ... That is science

I might not be a very good logician like you bro. But l like u. You are honest.

Now u said if a hypothesis is rejected only when there is evidence against it abi. Now is there any evidence yet against the existence of God? Why were u in a hurry to discard it instead of experiment?

on another news evidence is personal, U don't have to continue to wait for eternity for a universal evidence.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

SHUT UP!
We worship GODS through idols. not the idol itself.
Funny but true.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

lolx, maybe I need a little faith to beleive I have brain.

The reason why today is Monday is because it in your calendar and accepted worldwide. you believe that. But if I tow that line, that a deity God exists because it in the Bible and Quran and others write ups and accepted worldwide. You will go like yukklss

The bible and the quran are both religious views/beliefs and nothing more than a compilation of mainly cultural fairytale. The fact that people even still hold on to such beliefs without any apparent evidence is why we are even having this discussion.

None of you have seen either Jesus, Mohammed or any god physically.

That today is Monday isn't a "belief" but a fact and that's why worldwide there are no arguments of today's date but there is a constant argument about the existence of god, his ways and his attributes between inter and even intra religious bodies and their followers.

Your date of birth is a fact because it can't be disputed. If I were to say you're 10years old that wouldn't be true because your real age is a fact.

However, god's ways vary in more than 20,000 ways stemming from different beliefs and backgrounds. That obviously proves that it isn't a fact because if it is man wouldn't have been having diverging views dating back to our existence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by nickz(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Mind if we ask how you got to know this?
its a pythagorean theory ...conforms with logic tho
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

The bible and the quran are both religious views/beliefs and nothing more than a compilation of mainly cultural fairytale. The fact that people even still hold on to such beliefs without any apparent evidence is why we are even having this discussion.

None of you have seen either Jesus, Mohammed or any god physically.

That today is Monday isn't a "belief" but a fact and that's why worldwide there are no arguments of today's date but there is a constant argument about the existence of god, his ways and his attributes between inter and even intra religious bodies and their followers.

Your date of birth is a fact because it can't be disputed. If I were to say you're 10years old that wouldn't be true because your real age is a fact.

However, god's ways vary in more than 20,000 ways stemming from different beliefs and backgrounds. That obviously proves that it isn't a fact because if it is man wouldn't have been having diverging views dating back to our existence.

Your version.

You acknowledge that there are arguments and you have chosen the side you want to belong, I have chosen mine. Was ur decision based on facts?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Your version.

You acknowledge that there are arguments and you have chosen the side you want to belong, I have chosen mine. Was ur decision based on facts?

Of course. It's a fact that god doesn't exist because he has NEVER been seen. It's a fact that if you're ill or sick and you pray but don't take drugs, you'll probably die because he doesn't answer prayers. Those are all facts.

Belief is that he is invincible and works in mysterious way, but he never works at all.

Belief in a deity is like having an imaginary friend, as an adult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
hahn:

Of course. It's a fact that god doesn't exist because he has NEVER been seen. It's a fact that if you're ill or sick and you pray but don't take drugs, you'll probably die because he doesn't answer prayers. Those are all facts.

Belief is that he is invincible and works in mysterious way, but he never works at all.

Belief in a deity is like having an imaginary friend, as an adult.

okay, anything not seen does not exist.

You talk like one who dey vex? If u are sure that God doesn't exist, why are u angry with Him?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 8:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

I might not be a very good logician like you bro. But l like u. You are honest.

Now u said if a hypothesis is rejected only when there is evidence against it abi. Now is there any evidence yet against the existence of God? Why were u in a hurry to discard it instead of experiment?
A hypothetical postulation is not believed it is just a hypothesis and that exactly is my position, i don't believe the existence of any deity because there is no evidence what so ever to support it just unfounded claims.

So now if the existence of a deity is treated with some kind of agnosticism (that is treating it as an unknown postulation until proven) then i won't have a problem with that.

But when you make an unfounded postulation without evidence then expect any reasonable human to believe it by Faith, is that not the worst form of dishonesty? I lack such a thing as "Faith" in uncertain concepts.

on another news evidence is personal, U don't have to continue to wait for eternity for a universal evidence.
Even a mad man is experiencing madness as a personal experience, so madness is a mental state.

That you assert a personal experience for that which you allege to be a universal existent entity shows that such notions is in fact a psychological position and not a certain one, because you cannot tell me you are eating an apple but there is neither an apple fruit in your hand or in your mouth that i can see then claim it is a personal experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by hahn(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

okay, anything not seen does not exist.

You talk like one who dey vex? If u are sure that God doesn't exist, why are u angry with Him?

I'm not vexing fam, only stating facts. You must be mistaking your emotions for mine grin
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
A hypothetical postulation is not believed it is just a hypothesis and that exactly is my position, i don't believe the existence of any deity because there is no evidence what so ever to support it just unfounded claims.

So now if the existence of a deity is treated with some kind of agnosticism (that is treating it as an unknown postulation until proven) then i won't have a problem with that.

But when you make an unfounded postulation without evidence then expect any reasonable human to believe it by Faith, is that not the worst form of dishonesty? I lack such a thing as "Faith" in uncertain concepts.

Even a mad man is experiencing madness as a personal experience, so madness is a mental state.

That you assert a personal experience for that which you allege to be a universal existent entity shows that such notions is in fact a psychological position and not a certain one, because you cannot tell me you are eating an apple but there is neither an apple fruit in your hand or in your mouth that i can see then claim it is a personal experience

Bros abeg you school for Cambridge?

Yes I can tell you that I am eating an apple even when you don't see it on my hand...yes I am the one eating it not u.

Its a universal existence with personal convictions.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
nickz:
its a pythagorean theory ...conforms with logic tho
Lmao. . . The Pythagorean/Pythagoras theorem i know is a mathematical theorem that states that the quare of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

So i wonder where you got this theory and how it has been demonstrated to be true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Often Do You Forgive And Forget? / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists / Why Are There Many Needy Brethren In The Church Despite The Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.