Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? (4981 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Our Forefathers Or Fraud? / What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Jozzy4: 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

But Christ died for them too...

Yes , but you must put faith in him ( john 3:16 said so, not jozzy)

U think God is wicked?

God is not wicked ( job 34:10)

You just confess that Jesus is lord and go back to do as u like, and go straight to heaven.

If you confess truly that Jesus as Lord , you will do the WILL and obey the commandments of his father ( matt 7:21-23) u remember ?

NOTE : its not all righteous person that will go to heaven , some will live forever on earth (psalm 37:9-11 said so , not jozzy )

Then someone who didn't confess christ but does what pleases him goes to hell. okay.

What is hell ?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
Jozzy4:

Yes , but you must put faith in him ( john 3:16 said so, not jozzy)

God is not wicked ( job 34:10)

If you confess truly that Jesus as Lord , you will do the WILL and obey the commandments of his father ( matt 7:21-23) u remember ?

NOTE : its not all righteous person that will go to heaven , some will live forever on earth (psalm 37:9-11 said so , not jozzy )

What is hell ?

Hell a place reserved for the wicked.

How do you put faith in Christ?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Any time I read your post, I feel the thirst in you. You have the secret feeling, that there might be God somewhere, somehow but you want to be sure.

I can't promise you here that anybody can convince you (because those who believe in His existence are even fighting amongst themselves who is right and who is righter). What I think you should do is ask yourself.

I don't reply this sort of comment but for the sake of you, to understand my position, i will.

I never said strongly that there is no god, I'v believed these stuffs for years since i was a kid till this my early thirties, i soon as i find out that i have no good reasons and justifications for believing those stuffs, i quit believing it.

My position is that whenever there is evidence and proof of those stuffs, am not unchangeable, am not gonna leave it to you alone, i will rejoin you.

I came to the understanding of how proofs and evidence works, not vague, guessing, and pseudo-evidence which your kind of person accept as proof to believing anything. I don't.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

I don't reply this sort of comment but for the sake you, to understand my position, i will.

I never said strongly that there is no god, I'v believed these stuffs for years since i was a kid till this my early thirties, i soon as i find out that i have no good reasons and justifications for believing those stuffs, i quit believing it.

My position is that whenever there is evidence and proof of those stuffs, am not unchangeable, am not gonna leave it to you alone, i will rejoin you.

A came to the understanding of how proofs and evidence works, not vague, guessing, and pseudo-evidence which your kind of person accept as proof to believing anything. I don't.

Well, I never knew you believed before I said what I said because of the way u pursue evidence on every post.

You didn't see any reason to continue to believe. Fine, once again no human being can give u that. But have u seen any reason yet to believe that God doesn't exist?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
Obviously Christianity did not hit these shores until our colonial masters arrived.

So I'll like to ask where our Forefathers went because they obviously didn't worship God.

And if they went to hell isn't that a little bit unfair?

I wonder what you mean exactly.

Our forefathers had their own God, they had their own religion and culture.

It's too bad you are here subjecting them to some cruel judgement from your own perspective as a worshipper of a foreign God concept.

The last time i checked they worshipped their own God, so i wonder what you mean by they didn't worship God... That is a clearly a wrong assertion..!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

You didn't see any reason to continue to believe. Fine, once again no human being can give u that. But have u seen any reason yet to believe that God doesn't exist?
Just a fast question:

"Do you believe with faith that earth is real or do you know certainly that earth is real? "
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Just a fast question:

"Do you believe with faith that earth is real or do you know certainly that earth is real? "

I know by fact earth is real... but I know by faith that today is Monday and by faith I believe that earth is round.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

I wonder what you mean exactly.

Our forefathers had their own God, they had their own religion and culture.

It's too bad you are here subjecting them to some cruel judgement from your own perspective as a worshipper of a foreign God concept.

The last time i checked they worshipped their own God, so i wonder what you mean by they didn't worship God... That is a clearly a wrong assertion..!!!

I agree with you, but I know God is one. They didn't have their own God.. they worshipped God through the only means available to them.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

I'm pretty sure you don't even believe what you just said.

According to the Christian definition of hell how can they be there without suffering

That's what profess christians say, but the bible never paint hell as a place of torment. Jesus was once in hell, acts 2:31. Read also eccl 9:5, 10.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

I know by fact earth is real... but I know by faith that today is Monday and by faith I believe that earth is round.
Define Faith...
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Jozzy4: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Hell a place reserved for the wicked.

Really ? That means Jesus is a wicked person because the bible said he also went to hell ( Act 2:31)

How do you put faith in Christ?

By " observing everything I ( Jesus) have commanded you" - Matthew 28:20

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

I agree with you, but I know God is one. They didn't have their own God.. they worshipped God through the only means available to them.
First you asserted they didn't worship God, now you have agreed that they did but in a different way.

Actually the last i checked there are up to 2,900 different God concepts found in different religions and cultures.

The fore fathers had their own God concept and religion, you may choose to subscribe to the Jewish concept but i see no reason why you should subject them to such bizarre judgement from your perspective of the jewish concept.

I may as well tell you that you are going to hell for not serving God the way our forefathers did...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Define Faith...
believe in what you can't see.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Well, I never knew you believed before I said what I said because of the way u pursue evidence on every post.

No as i see no reason to believe he exists. It irrelevant.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
First you asserted they didn't worship God, now you have agreed that they did but in a different way.

Actually the last i checked there are up to 2,900 different God concepts found in different religions and cultures.

The fore fathers had their own God concept and religion, you may choose to subscribe to the Jewish concept but i see no reason why you should subject them to such bizarre judgement from your perspective of the jewish concept.

I may as well tell you that you are going to hell for not serving God the way our forefathers did...

I have never said they didn't worship God.... you are mistaking me for someone else. they worshipped God through the only means available to them. God is one. Means differs.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

I have never said they didn't worship God.... you are mistaking me for someone else. they worshipped God through the only means available to them. God is one. Means differs.
Oh my bad. . . i thought i was addressing the Op who i quoted initailly

Actually God concepts differ, each may connote a deity but every concept differ in characteristics.

The Jewish yahweh has no son neither did it impregnant a virgin girl

The christian yahweh has a son and is three in one and impregnated a virgin girl

Islamic Allah has no son

Greek Zeus has many wives and sons

Egptian Osiris has a wife and a son .

Igbo chukwu in fact in impossible to know or comprehend... These dieties in fact are distinct characters...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

They worshipped idols.

Aren't the worshippers of Baal seen as evil in the Bible
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
They worshipped idols.
They heard but didn't beleive. Its different bro.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

They worshipped idols.

They heard but didn't beleive. Its different bro. To whom much is given much is expected.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

believe in what you can't see.
Nope totally wrong Faith means believing something regardless of evidence. .

Now it is a known evidential fact that the earth is round which in fact is observable to a lay person from the earth, So tell me again. .

My question was: Do you need faith to believe Earth is real or are you certain for sure that earth is real..

(Please forget the earth being round part it is irrelevant in my question and secondly "Faith" is "believing" "Know" is "certainty" stop mixing them up)

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh my bad. . . i thought i was addressing the Op who i quoted initailly

Actually God concepts differ, each may connote a deity but every concept differ in characteristics.

The Jewish yahweh has no son neither did it impregnant a virgin girl

The christian yahweh has a son and is three in one and impregnated a virgin girl

Islamic Allah has no son

Greek Zeus has many wives and sons

Egptian Osiris has a wife and a son .

Igbo chukwu in fact in impossible to know or comprehend... These dieties in fact are distinct characters...

Isn't that why He is God? Know what He reveals to you and worship him accordingly.

I beleive in Chukwu... okike God the creator.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

They worshipped idols.

Ironically if you ask worshippers of Baal they will tell you that worshippers of Yahweh are the evil one.

So it obvious you are basing your judgement based on the position of the worshippers of yahweh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

Ironically if you ask worshippers of Baal they will tell you that worshippers of Yahweh are the evil one.

So it obvious you are basing your judgement based on the position of the worshippers of yahweh

wink

On point
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Isn't that why He is God? Know what He reveals to you and worship him accordingly.

I beleive in Chukwu... okike God the creator.
Lmao according to Igbo terminology Chukwu reveals nothing to anybody, in fact Chukwu is too big and can never be comprehended and so has no priest and so this very position leans it towards the position of Deism

So for the simple fact that these concepts differ in Characteristics shows that they are in fact distinct characters...
Zeus is the creator according to the greek but osiris is according to Egyptians...

So tell me; Is Zeus, Yahweh, Baal, Osiris the same God?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Nope totally wrong Faith means believing something regardless of evidence. .

Now it is a known evidential fact that the earth is round which in fact is observable to a lay person from the earth, So tell me again. .

My question was: Do you need faith to believe Earth is real or are you certain for sure that earth is real..

(Please forget the earth being round part it is irrelevant in my question and secondly "Faith" is "believing" "Know" is "certainty" stop mixing them up)

Thanx for the correction though. when I said 'see' its all encompassing. that's btw.

for ur question, I don't need Faith to believe earth is real. I'm here on earth, its evidential.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Thanx for the correction though. when I said 'see' its all encompassing. that's btw.

for ur question, I don't need Faith to believe earth is real. I'm here on earth, its evidential.
Good, this shows "FAITH" is only applied for things that are not evidential and so needs to be a conviction on it whether it is true or not.

Now tell me; Why then do you need "FAITH" to believe a deity exists?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Lmao according to Igbo terminology Chukwu reveals nothing to anybody, in fact Chukwu is too big and can never be comprehended and so has no priest and so this very position leans it towards the position of Deism

So for the simple fact that these concepts differ in Characteristics shows that they are in fact distinct characters...
Zeus is the creator according to the greek but osiris is according to Egyptians...

So tell me; Is Zeus, Yahweh, Baal, Osiris the same God?

God created everything.... people in search of him use different means, in most creatures.

I think God is mighty (the same thing We Igbos believe) but manifests himself in many ways. Hence, the disparity

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:

I'm not taking any sides here.

I'm looking at things from a neutral perspective.

I'm just exposing some flaws and contradictions in Christian mythology. If you check the Bible even the stories on Christ's crucifixion do not tally up in Mathew, Mark, Luke and John
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2015
johnydon22:
Good, this shows "FAITH" is only applied for things that are not evidential and so needs to be a conviction on it whether it is true or not.

Now tell me; Why then do you need "FAITH" to believe a deity exists?

Ewo, na so u de judge ur own? How evidential is it that today is Monday?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

God created everything.... people in search of him use different means, in most creatures.

I think God is mighty (the same thing We Igbos believe) but manifests himself in many ways. Hence, the disparity
If God exists in many ways then why are Christians trying to push theirs on others. Is one form of the same God greater than another.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by johnydon22(m): 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

The thing is; You cannot say your Father is a Caucasian and your brother on the other hand propose your father is a negroid.

How can you both have drastically opposite descriptions of your father when both of you have met your father? it's either one of you (you or your brother) is lying or none you have actually ever met your father.

If all these concepts depicts the same entity, for that simple fact that they are opposite characters shows that each in fact is the cultural construct of the people that concept is found.

So just like your father cannot be Caucasian at the same time negro, God cannot have a wife at the same time not have a wife.

So it is either all these religions are lying or none of them actually has any idea of what God is and if this is true it means that everything you believing is the assumptive concept of the people who brought it out

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where In Nigeria Can One Find Yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, New Age, And Such. / Nigerian Pastors Let my people be free / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.