Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case (537 Views)

Patience Jonathan May Forfeit Her Hotel To FG Over $20m Accounts / Aisha Buhari Is The Lady Mentioned In The Haliburton Case: Fayose's Lawyer / Why I Believe Pmb's Wife Is AISHA Of Haliburton Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case by Richie0974: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
I dunno why its not in the local media but according to an American site.... I guess we all know MTO...

Former Vice President is CLEARLY a criminal . . . we ALL know that. Well now he might be going to JAIL FOR IT. The President of Nigeria just announced CRIMINAL CHARGES against the former VP. Here is how it's being reported:

President Buhari promised to go after everyone who looted Nigeria, be they Nigerians or foreigners. Now he has netted a big fish: former United States Vice President Dick Cheney.

Cheney was the number two under Bush, often touted as the most powerful Vice President in recent US history.

Nigeria’s anti-corruption police said today that they will charge former US vice-president Dick Cheney over a $180m bribery case involving energy firm Halliburton. The announcement follows a probe into the construction of a liquefied natural gas plant in the conflict-ridden Niger Delta.

Halliburton’s top official in Nigeria has been summoned and 10 of its Nigerian and expat staff detained for questioning after a raid on the company’s office in Lagos. Cheney was head of Halliburton before becoming George W Bush’s vice-president in 2001.

“We are filing charges against Cheney,” said Femi Babafemi, a spokesman for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), adding that the charges were likely to be brought next week. He declined to give any further details on what the charges were or where they would be filed./blockquote>

http://mediatakeout.com/281647/they-got-him-former-vice-president-charged-with-bribery-allegedly-paid-bribes-to-nigeria-to-secure-deals-for-haliburton-should-he-go-to-jail.html?mobile=1
Re: Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case by multikolour(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
I don't believe it, APC looking for cheep popularity.
did efcc sue OBJ and ABDULSALAM scheme from baba go slow.
Re: Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
i hear...
Re: Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case by Demmocrats(m): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Re: Former U.S. VP Charged With Bribery By The FG over The Haliburton Case by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
Great grin

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Denies Rivers State Bailout Fund-wike / Buhari Used Three Months To Appoint Commissioners As North-east Governor –ex-rep / Nigerian Army Under Buhari Is Partisan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.