Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,504 members, 7,826,897 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? (1295 Views)

Who Exactly Is A Responsible Man? Using Ronaldo And Messi As Case Study / Is Your Man Using You? (ladies Come In) / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by selfemployed(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
i mean when referring to his mother? does it make him less a man?
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by thorpido(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
If person get mama,he go call am aunty?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by selfemployed(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
i mean some pple will think "this is still mummy's baby and not a man"
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by selfemployed(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
some call their mother "mumsy" instead of "my mum"
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by yatch360: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
You should be looking for a word more endearing than that...
Calling her mum doesn't make u a mama's boy...it depends on other factors

Yatch 360

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by woky: 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lol! Na "my aunt" I go call her ni??
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
What kinda question be dis?

2 Likes

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
Yes op,it makes one look childish...i think my aunty is better...
Rubbish..same way you will deny your mum cos of a lady....

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by toyeoye(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
thorpido:
If person get mama,he go call am aunty?

Lmao
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by QueenEdna(f): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hows dt childish or an issue ooo ?

But you guys comfortably call your Wife/babes 'Mummy' wtout batting an eyelid ? aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ you think its immature addressing your original mummy who deserves a great deal of love aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ respect frm you same way ?. Nothing wey person no go seee 4 here ooo.
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by ennon92(m): 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Awon werey Op. Asking unaswerable question. M out
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by rudestmcblaze: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
I get ur point OP, my girlfriend once called me a mummy's boy because of this.
I don't bliv it makes less a man u already are
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Well it's his mum, what else is he supposed to call her? At least he's not saying "my mummy".

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2015
I personally think the question here, should point to the people who would make a deal out of the above context undecided

they are the ones who are still suffering from their rough childhood experiences undecided

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Well it's his mum, what else is he supposed to call her? At least he's not saying "my mummy".

Exactly grin
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
rudestmcblaze:
I get ur point OP, my girlfriend once called me a mummy's boy because of this.
I don't bliv it makes less a man u already are

Don't tolerate such girls...
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by passionate88: 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
selfemployed:
i mean when referring to his mother? does it make him less a man?
No... It makes him a good and worthy son.
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Tobbey(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lol
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by rudestmcblaze: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
babafemi1000:

Don't tolerate such girls...
Not tolerating them doesn't change anything, use ur action to prove u are no mummy's boy (only for does that care enuf to investigate)
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by tayoxx(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
me sha na iya tayo I de call her o...
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Poseidon000: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2015
[size=13pt] I call my mama whatever I want to call her.

No babylon is gonna make me change that.
[/size]
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2015
rudestmcblaze:

Not tolerating them doesn't change anything, use ur action to prove u are no mummy's boy (only for does that care enuf to investigate)

Yessir, I agree with you that it doesn't change anything.. grin. I think though that there should be no need to prove anything. Maturity doesn't need anyone's approval, much less a woman's. That's what gives women unnecessary power. He has to have a relationship with his mum, but being being unnaturally dependent on her at a mature age of late twenty-thirty something is a no-no.

Men should be men, regardless of whether a woman approves or not.

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by rudestmcblaze: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2015
babafemi1000:

Yessir, I agree with you that it doesn't change anything.. grin. I think though that there should be no need to prove anything. Maturity doesn't need anyone's approval, much less a woman's. That's what gives women unnecessary power. He has to have a relationship with his mum, but being being unnaturally dependent on her at a mature age of late twenty-thirty something is a no-no.

Men should be men, regardless of whether a woman approves or not.
Now that's a man talking, hope the women are listening

1 Like

Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by rudestmcblaze: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2015
Poseidon000:
[size=13pt]
I call my mama whatever I want to call her.

No babylon is gonna make me change that.
[/size]
Poseidon abeg calm down before u go use ur rage flood NL
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Poseidon000: 11:55am On Sep 09, 2015
rudestmcblaze:
Poseidon abeg calm down before u go use ur rage flood NL
[size=13pt] Lol..funny [/size]
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Jayjay0(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
No.. you should refer to your mother as "MY DAUGHTER"
Very stupid question.. undecided
Re: Anything Wrong With A Man Using The Word "My Mum"? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
toyeoye:

Lmao

#4real. LOL

(1) (Reply)

Your Boo Won't Get Another Boo, He will Luv U Forever With This Beautiful Signs / PHOTOS, VIDEO: Woman St-rips Unclad In Restaurant, Smears Self With Ketchup / Guys Wooing Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.