Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive (3107 Views)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2009
pls were in nija can i convert a peugeot 607 right hand drive to left hand drive and a volkswagen bora right hand drive to a left hand drive.
And how much will it cost me.
I hav these two cars in my house but i am scared to ride them. I am thinking about sellin them instead if i cant find solution to converting them.
i brought them from england. i tot i could use them here.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by sundayng(m): 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2009
but why r u scared to drive right hand drive.

Its not a crime.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2009
They said u can not drive it in lagos,
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2009
That is why i want to convert it - pls do u knw where i can convert rigt hand drive peugeot 607 to left hand drivein lagos. i also hav a volkswagen bora with thesame problem,
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:35pm On Apr 05, 2009
pls were in nija can i convert a peugeot 607 right hand drive to left hand drive and a volkswagen bora right hand drive to a left hand drive.
I hav these two cars in my house but i am scared to ride them. I am thinking about sellin them instead if i cant find solution to converting them.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by sundayng(m): 4:37pm On Apr 05, 2009
Dear Friend,

Please confirm if you can drive the car with the right authorities.

Secondly i far as i know it would be very difficult for you to convert them to left hand drive as there are a lot of technical issues.

even if you find someone who can convert it is important to know how reliable is he and you will not get any problems in future.

Sunday
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:43pm On Apr 05, 2009
yes they are both 2000 models. i can drive them. i was driving them in london. so wat authority are u aski me please. there is nottin wrong wit them.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2009
Their Pics. Please i need somebody to advise me on wat to do. I am even hearin that i cannot sell them in nigeria. is it true?

Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Nautillus(m): 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2009
@Sundayng

Right hand drives have been outlawed in NIG since the early 70's. . .the law was revisited recently again to cub the sudden reappearance of right hand drive vehicles on NIG roads.

@fegflu.
please visit the peugeot repair section of Ladipo Spare part market. . .those guyz are very good. i'm sure they can direct you to the VW conversion bay from there.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2009
Inside the 607

Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2009
have u got their number in ladipo market. any contact telephone numbers to give me. pls
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by oblo(m): 4:53pm On Apr 05, 2009
thats true, its against the law, i can get a mech to do the change for you, based in abeokuta,
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 4:55pm On Apr 05, 2009
oblo,
can u give me the mechanic number. i mean who can i speak to. i need somebody 2 direct me.
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by oblo(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2009
will go fetch it for you, when you say direct you are you saying direct you to abeokuta or direct you on what to do bout ur rides, nice rides i mite add,
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 5:04pm On Apr 05, 2009
i mean information like telephone numbers etc
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by oblo(m): 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2009
OK, HERE IS MINE FOR NOW , WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH THE MECH FOR YOU SO YOU GUYS CAN TOK AND WORK OUT THE MODALITIES
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2009
i am callin d number- but is not connectin-y
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by oblo(m): 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2009
WATS UR NUMBER? LET ME KALL , PROB NETWOK
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2009
07788926404 uk
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by oblo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 05, 2009
are you still in the uk? tot u were in naija? so how do u intend letin a mech touch ur cars if you are not around? i do clean connectios oo
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Nautillus(m): 5:39pm On Apr 05, 2009
Try 08038293415 - Karimu

Havent spoken to him in years sha oh. . .he used to be my mech when i was into
Peugeots back then, i witnessed 10s of perfect conversion at his workshop.
very good guys - very liable
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 6:02pm On Apr 05, 2009
ths karimu - is he very reliable . I hav spoke wit him. he said he works at ladikpo market.
i just want u to confirm that he can do the job properly. has he don it for u b4. pls reply. tanks alot
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by Nautillus(m): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2009
Yeah he is. . .and trust me. . .you wouldnt know the difference when they are done with it.

the only snag is that it might cost you some . . .Approx. N300k per car
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by aaconsult: 8:00pm On Apr 05, 2009
Hello, I know a guy who can do the conversion for you, I need to talk to him and find our details for you as per cost relability etc, He workshop is in my area, I have seen cars like youe converted in jhis workshop, how soon do you need this service?
U can reach me on andyest2@yahoo.com or 08073960021
expect your reply ASAP
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by shileowo: 10:00pm On Apr 05, 2009
my guy,she the cars dey uk ? if so, fine. sell them at whatever price and send the money to germany or america to get a lefty. I sent 406 to naija to be converted. I spent £3200 on buying,shipping,and clearing, fine. I paid N200,000 in converting it in ibadan, i later realise the guy was carpenter so you can imagine the damage. Took it back to lagos and gave a so called xpert. with N250,000 he was able to make it presentable. We later graduated to changing gear box, channelling the a/c duct ,selector and all sorts of components costing me another N170,000,. I almost had a diploma in peugeot electricals. Now, i wan sell the car. eventually, every get to its converted, I was very happy when someone pick am for N390,000. I know its hard to believe. but i finished selling b4 calculating my gain. my brother ,the hard me ,no be small embarassed
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by fegflu: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2009
shilewo

pls how much did it cost u to clear the car at appapa warf?
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by shileowo: 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2009
my guy, you dont need all this, anyway its N250,000 + right hand fee, police etc You need the xperience
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by insight04: 3:22pm On May 19, 2010
fegflu:

Did you finally get to convert the car in Nigeria ?
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by GreenCar: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2010
we do right to left hand drive conversions in uk. If needed please check us out @ http://www.lpgconversionservices.co.uk/left-hand-drive-to-right-hand-drive.html
Re: Were Can I Convert Peugeot And Volks Bora Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by insight04: 1:47am On Jan 14, 2012
Bump

(1) (Reply)

Cadillac One: The Car That Thinks Its A Tank. / K-tag Original 100% Rework Solution / How Much Does A DANFO BUS COST.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.