Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... (40314 Views)

Kebbi Sickle Cell Association (KESCA) Marks World Sickle Cell Day (Photos) / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by francizy(m): 4:59am On Sep 09, 2015
Am AA so I can marry any woman I want. I have an all round fam of AAs..
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Funjosh(m): 5:08am On Sep 09, 2015
cozy7:
I've been in luv many times, but it always turned out sour n eventually break up. However last year, I met this perfect lady (I'm currently engaged to), she was always feeling sick, tired, headache, pains, cold etc. She's 100% all I want in a woman so I vegan pressuring her to no what's weong with her medically. Just 2weeks ago, she broke down in tears n told me she's SS. Honestly, I felt sad, but hey I'm still moving on, bcoz (thank God) I'm AA.

It a really good to no your genotype, to avoid eventual regrets.

Bro confirm. Your Genotype again and again, if truly you are AA, Marry her please smiley
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by streetzdreamz(m): 5:08am On Sep 09, 2015
Nice, educative thread! Not the usual ten poo to do when asking a lady out, or some bullshit about dem gaudy entertainers, my genotype n blood group is a perfect match, always wished to meet a lady with a SS genotype someday.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by cristweeezy(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2015
dmcdad:

We na all-weather.
yh bro, mayweather grin
dmcdad:

We na all-weather.
yh bro, mayweather
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Funjosh(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2015
Abali1:

what do you mean by AC is hemoglobin? and you went ahead to list it as a variant of genotype.

AbalI1 how are you doing, what of madam and family. Am happy to hear from you bro. smiley
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Funjosh(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Abali1:
AC + AS will likely produce, AA, AC, AS, SC That's the probability in every pregnancy.

Had one Nephew he is AC, the first time I heared about AC genotype was his.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Bowaley17(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
the last time I checked my genotype it was BB
guess you are from another planet... Haha
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Bowaley17(m): 5:57am On Sep 09, 2015
Mine's AA. It was written on my school Id Card back in my Nursery school days. This has caused chaos in many homes.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Punstar: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2015
There has always being a lot f kids in this section ...Such an important issue yet trivial responses

Pls anyone heard abt Prenatal Genotype Diagnosis

Na God and this PGD I dey count on ooooo. #LoveComesFirst.

2 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by agborodun: 6:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Pls listen to this word of wisdom...
Don't marry anybody based on his/her word of mouth that he/she is AA. A staff in my company once got married to a man without any test. The guy,an SS later died and left a child for d lady to cater for alone. What a pain.
This is illiteracy of the highest order.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by EzeeYFB(m): 6:43am On Sep 09, 2015
allanphash7:
I want to use faith to marry SS as i be AS

Afterall if your faith is as small as musta seed...........you all know the completion now
pls reason it out,some decisions u make with ur heart n some ur head.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by chineloSA(f): 6:53am On Sep 09, 2015
jonaji:
Know your genotype before you say yes to that
handsome guy and beautiful lady whom you
wish to spend the rest of your life with.

Genotype and It's Appropriate Suitor:

AA + AA = Excellent

AA + AS = Good

AA + SS = Fair

AS + AS = Bad

AS + SS = Very Bad

SS + SS = Extremely Bad (In fact, don't try it).

#SickleCellAwareness

Pls share with others...

Are you God?

Who will marry those with unwanted genotype?

Did they create themselves? Did you create yourself?

I am married and didn't test for genotype. We only tested for HIV and other communicable disease like Hepatitis etc.

I do not believe that people should be discriminated from getting love and finding love just because of a condition they never had a say or choice in.

If you've talking about STI and other diseases, yes we all have choices to use safety methods, but for genotype, nobody had a choice in his/her genetic makeup.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by mhbabanna: 6:56am On Sep 09, 2015
bettercreature:
AA are good in term of sickle cell but not good when it comes to Malaria
Very true. There system is too vulnerable to malaria.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by VickyRotex(f): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2015
cbrass:

I will suggest we make a family kiss

I will suggest we make 2 families. undecided
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2015
cristweeezy:
yh bro, mayweather grin yh bro, mayweather
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Abali1:

AC + AS will likely produce,
AA, AC, AS, SC
That's the probability in every pregnancy.
I see... Which means the outcome could spin anywhere. How about with AA? AC + AA = ?
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by pet4ril(f): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Did our forefathers give a rat's azz about this?
don't be deceived my dear, some suffered it and never knew what it was.... I saw a couple dat has 8 children n 5 of dem happened to be sickle cells n about 4 was dead the last time I saw them remaining only one... so we should be grateful that we know what it is... please give a Bleep for dis. is 21st century
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
Jexyme:

Additionally, if you and your prospective spouse have AS both, please don't deceive yourself thinking you could pray to scale through the probability, then have AA or AS kids.

If you want to know you guys are meant for each other then pray until one of you has his/her genotype miraculously change or else DON'T marry.

Thanx!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I love the emboldened. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Make no mistake people.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:07am On Sep 09, 2015
coobboy:
All of u claiming to be AA God is watching oh
So if person na AA, make him talk say him be BB because say make you no complain?

Na wa to you ooooooooo.tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by pet4ril(f): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2015
OrangeDream:
I'm AA & my girl is SS.. I luv her so much but i'm scared of d future & also scared of loosing a good and beautiful gurl lyk her.. Pls,what do i do?? I have been datin her 4 1year+ now.. And marriage is in view for me.. She is d only gurl i know 4 now..
Pls, help me
you have nothing to worry about ur future kids for they will all turn AS, as to manage her crisis especially during pregnancy, make sure you get a doctor although she will be needing multiple professionals to take care of her.... if the cash is there, brother I wish you all the best of luck
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by pet4ril(f): 7:11am On Sep 09, 2015
therealdeal10:
Eeehh i'm finished embarassed since i'm As i cn only go 4 Aa

Where will i c a gal dat is Aa, since gals of nowadays fall sick easily
the AA gals are still there just as the AS are there, the fact that they fall sick easily doesn't have anything to do with their genotype
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dazzlingd(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2015
Cameleon72:
Lord thank you for making me unique. Blood group O-; genotype AA...
she belongs to everybody
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2015
Punstar:
There has always being a lot f kids in this section ...Such an important issue yet trivial responses

Pls anyone heard abt Prenatal Genotype Diagnosis

Na God and this PGD I dey count on ooooo. #LoveComesFirst.
You could educate people on what it entails.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:18am On Sep 09, 2015
agborodun:
Pls listen to this word of wisdom...
Don't marry anybody based on his/her word of mouth that he/she is AA. A staff in my company once got married to a man without any test. The guy,an SS later died and left a child for d lady to cater for alone. What a pain.
This is illiteracy of the highest order.
Ouch... And not just illiteracy, but also deceit.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by kindredspirit(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2015
I'm AS. Due to this Genotype business, I had to leave my angel who is also AS only to hook up with a Delilah and Jezebel rolled into one devil of a girl who is AA angry ! Dammit! I'm going back and taking my chances with the former.

3 Likes

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:20am On Sep 09, 2015
EzeeYFB:
pls reason it out,some decisions u make with ur heart n some ur head.
Guy leava am na. After all fly wey say him no dey hear word, na corpse e dey follow enter ground. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Them no dey tell blind man say war don start.

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Aminat508(f): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2015
nkemdi89:
your genotype isn't common in Nigeria also in sub Sahara Africa but do you know it's equivalent to AS? that means you can marry only an AA.

Choiiiiiii embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by Aminat508(f): 7:25am On Sep 09, 2015
seunspec:
tongue
Yeah! got a friend with that too grin
Yeah! got a friend with that too

Nawaooo

1 Like

Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by damiloladuke: 7:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Haywhymido:
which royal abeg?
Royal Baruwa
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by damiloladuke: 7:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Haywhymido:
which royal abeg?
Royal Baruwa .
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by dmcdad: 7:28am On Sep 09, 2015
mhbabanna:

Very true. There system is too vulnerable to malaria.
Thats when they are mostly under the age of 23. In most cases if you go above that age, then you break free. I am a testament to that.
Re: Sickle Cell Awareness !! Come In And Learn..... by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:29am On Sep 09, 2015
chineloSA:

Are you God?

Who will marry those with unwanted genotype?

Did they create themselves? Did you create yourself?

I am married and didn't test for genotype. We only tested for HIV and other communicable disease like Hepatitis etc.

I do not believe that people should be discriminated from getting love and finding love just because of a condition they never had a say or choice in.

If you've talking about STI and other diseases, yes we all have choices to use safety methods, but for genotype, nobody had a choice in his/her genetic makeup.

If you both give birth to an SS child (God forbid), you'll start blaming this same God, ehn? It seems you haven't witnessed an SS patient in crisis, have you? You'll never wish for your enemy to be SS. It's not discrimination, you're just avoiding tragedy. That's why the Op listed the genotypes and their perfect matches. SS can still get married to AA.
Our forefathers didn't know about genotypes that's why they kept giving birth to Abiku (in Yoruba).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Corps Member Dies Mysteriously As Husband Of Six Months Flees (Pictured) / Man Falls Off A Palm Tree While Displaying His Youthfulness In Enugu - Pictures / How Nigeria’s 36 States Fare In HIV Prevalence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.