Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. (606 Views)

Customs Officer Gets Accelerated Promotion By 4 Ranks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. by spafu(m): 12:42am On Sep 08, 2015
[Notice that the offense was committed on the 3rd of September and already the police has briskly arraigned the culprit in court. I must commend the Nigerian police force for their swiftness in dispensing their duties will immediate alacrity (apology to Zebrudaya alia 430). But my question here is, why don't we see a similitude of this swiftness in arresting and arraigning those who stole public fund to build a personal website for millions of naira? I remember when the erstwhile disgraced Speaker of the House of Representatives, distinguished dishonorable Salisu Buhari, was charged to court for age falsification and certificate forgery ( What is in a name?) he was sentence to convict of ( or with an option of) #1000 each for the two count charges. Ameachi is boasting that no one can probe him, Prince Abubakar Audu is dusting his "Ghana must go" bag for another round of feasting, sorry, governance. Our president and his handlers have been busy telling us of a list that was handed over to them by the Americans (feelers have it that I am number 13 on that list, what an unfortunate number. I think, I would have preferred number 61 or 1 itself) but up until now, no action after 100 days. I know, there is ample time (Je said, je said, like my French friend, Renauld Jeanne will say). And, why rush even when we are not Russians? But I hope we also know that the worms biting our stomachs don't care whether we are Hungarians or Finns cause they (the worms) neither understand one word in Hungary nor Finish. I do hope very soon the blindfold worn on that woman who represents the symbol of justice will removed so she can distinguished between Buhari (the Salisu own o, before these street sweeper disturb my peace) and Ibrahim, the thief whose story instigated this write up. You can read the story below, culled from The Nation]
The Police in Lagos on Monday arraigned before
a Lagos Magistrates’ Court, Igbosere, a “hungry
man” who allegedly stole yam and palm oil,
valued at N5,000
Nasiru Ibrahim, 33, who is unemployed, with no
fixed address was docked on a one- count
charge of stealing under Section 285(1) of the
Criminal Laws of Lagos, 2011.
He was alleged to have committed the offence
on September 3 at about 2:00am, at Falomo
Police Barracks, Ikoyi, Lagos.
Prosecuting police officer, Corporal Cyriacus
Osuji, alleged that the defendant stole a yam
tuber and 25 litres of palm oil belonging to one
Wilson Ogechi.
However, the defendant pleaded not guilty to the
charge and was admitted to bail by Magistrate
A.T. Omoyele in N10,000 with two responsible
sureties, who are gainfully employed.
The case was subsequently adjourned till
September 30 for mention.
thenationonlineng.net/hungry-man-arraigned-for-stealing-yam-palm-oil
http://thenationonlineng.net/hungry-man-arraigned-for-stealing-yam-palm-oil/
Re: This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 08, 2015
Re: This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. by baralatie(m): 2:41am On Sep 08, 2015
the case is about stealing or theft
Re: This Is The 'corruption' That Gets Accelerated Attention And 'blind' Justice. by 1miccza: 3:47am On Sep 08, 2015
I have always said here that we are not fighting corruption,we are rather carrying out selective attack and weakening of the government's percieved enemies and opposition..

(1) (Reply)

Are We In Democracy Or Duaracracy / EFCC Arrests BGL Boss, Okumagba Over Alleged N28.9bn Fraud / Itsekiri Oil Producing Communities In Edo Allege Marginalisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.