Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting (1215 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / Honda Accord 2010 Not Starting / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by opebiyi14: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2015
Somebody help!!! I bought a used 2008 Peugeot 307 sedan from a company some months ago and ever since it has become a nightmare for me. The windscreen of the car was broken when I bought it and that is all I thought I would replace. Unfortunately, I fell in the hands of a wrong Mechanic, who cut the timing belt after several try and error. This was fixed by another mechanic, but on my way home the car started to overheat and the gasket burnt. This was fixed by another mechanic but whenever I started the car I had to leave my leg always on the accelerator. At this point I went to scan it and the electrician said I needed to set the timing. The mechanic couldn't fix but I was able to find a Peugeot Mechanic who fixed it. The car started but I didn't drive it to far. Later when I did, I realised the car only moves normally for some minutes before it starts going with a speed of 10km/h irrespective of how much you press the accelerator. The phone number of the earlier Peugeot Mechanic is not available since then, so another Peugeot Mechanic was described. I drove the car from Ajah to Lekki gently but this new mechanic collected the key from me and drove speedily to his workshop. Few meters away from his workshop the car stopped and has not started since then. The mechanic has checked the injector, the fuel pump, the timing and every other places, but he said there is nothing wrong with the car. I called two electricians to scan the car. One said it was timing and the other said it was ECU(brain box). I need an expert in d house to help me out

Re: Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by mayor2013: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
Gobe!!! You need a good hand of mechanic. Not those so called kazeems. What tests did they carry out to confirm your ECU was bad. Did they test if dre was a negative switching from your inejctor nozzles? What refernce voltage do you get from your ecu. Series of test needs to be csrried out to know the problem. The damage has been done already
Re: Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by FestacGirl(f): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ikenna351 come help this man abeg, save him from the hands of Those Quacks that call them self mechanics

Ur Peugeot is almost dead,
Re: Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by Raymie(m): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2015
+234 803 391 0382 Call the number, book an appointment and share the testimony.
Re: Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by DECOtech(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
opebiyi14:
Somebody help!!! I bought a used 2008 Peugeot 307 sedan from a company some months ago and ever since it has become a nightmare for me. The windscreen of the car was broken when I bought it and that is all I thought I would replace. Unfortunately, I fell in the hands of a wrong Mechanic, who cut the timing belt after several try and error. This was fixed by another mechanic, but on my way home the car started to overheat and the gasket burnt. This was fixed by another mechanic but whenever I started the car I had to leave my leg always on the accelerator. At this point I went to scan it and the electrician said I needed to set the timing. The mechanic couldn't fix but I was able to find a Peugeot Mechanic who fixed it. The car started but I didn't drive it to far. Later when I did, I realised the car only moves normally for some minutes before it starts going with a speed of 10km/h irrespective of how much you press the accelerator. The phone number of the earlier Peugeot Mechanic is not available since then, so another Peugeot Mechanic was described. I drove the car from Ajah to Lekki gently but this new mechanic collected the key from me and drove speedily to his workshop. Few meters away from his workshop the car stopped and has not started since then. The mechanic has checked the injector, the fuel pump, the timing and every other places, but he said there is nothing wrong with the car. I called two electricians to scan the car. One said it was timing and the other said it was ECU(brain box). I need an expert in d house to help me out

pls leave the ECU alone. the timing is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Help My Peageot 307 Not Starting by opebiyi14: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2015
smileythank you all.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent - Lexus / Which Spark Plug Is The Best For My Car? / Recommend A Car Respray Or Oven Bake Place In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.