Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

The Best University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best University In Nigeria (13065 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best University In Nigeria by colabiz: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2009
Pls, Nairalanders. can you tell me the best and most discipline university in nigeria? A friend of mine is coming to nigeria to further his study, now looking for the best one.Kindly gist me about it.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by harry2009(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2009
why cant the person studied abroad or is the person coming from Benin republic or senegal where there is no school let the person stay where he or she is to study, make them no come to nigeria spoil am for us.

1 Like

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by amaks: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2009
if u want discipline,of course its covenant university,if u want fustration then that is Bowen university,if u want to mix business with pleasure then its babcock university. if u want to waste money its igbenidion-got that spellg i hope.u want to struggle or have loads of fun,pray or forget religion, b chaste or randy, b a student or just live on campus,i mean nywhere u hv to choose ur own path, that's in any federal university.u get ur priority wil dtermine what skool u choose, this is from a bowenite.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2009
Bayero University Kano
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 10, 2009
Bayero University Kano
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Gagnant(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2009
A fellow bowenite here, Bowen is an okay school. I echo amaks's points. Your priorities will determine your choice. Good luck!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by chumuo(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2009
I'll vouch for OAU, but can u as a tribe besides Yoruba dig de tribal differences.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by zaliya(f): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2009
The best is ABU Zaria (Ahmadu Bello University). Great Abusites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by otuseso(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2009
UNIVERSITY OF FIRST CHOICE
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS  wink 
UNILAG, una wan try
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Baro(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2009
Greatest University of Benin; complete school cool
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by deno2: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2009
Uniben

Welcome to University of Port Harcourt cool
http://www.uniport.edu.ng/
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by sheyee(m): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2009
UNILAG

Greatest Akokites
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by azeezbaba(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
Great!!!

That shud be UNILAG. All in 1. if u want to study, fine. If u want frustration u will also see it there. If its fun, u cant get it anywhere else. So, UNILAG is the answer.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Olayinkaoj(m): 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2009
Sentiment apart, pls try one of the foremost private universities. I wont mention names, but if I am chanced I will mention Covenant University.Mind you, I finished from OAU 1993, but I cant vouch for any Govt-owned Uni any more. All facilities are bad.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2009
LAUTECH is da best in term of discipline
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2009
Looking historically, it appears to me that these are the top ones:

OAU
UI
Unilag
ABU
Uniben
UNN

I didn't study in Nigeria, so no bias.

Enugu State University of Technology seems to be producing some topnotchs of recent.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by proudly9ja(m): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2009
I also think it depends on the course. I cant't speak for any Uni or course except the Uni and faculty I finished from. Engineering is very good at Unilag. Like someone said, you can get all you want from there: hard work, everyday play, everyday effizzi, etc its all up to you. But considering that your friend is coming from a developed country (am I right?), Il recommend Covenant at least I hear say na ajebos full there so it won't be hard to blend.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by geolabious(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2009
[size=13pt]UNAAB[/size]
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by carlos222(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2009
ITS NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY.

THIS IS COS WE ARE FAST AND READ VERY MUCH WELL THAT IF YOU HAVE UR BSC CERT FROM UNIZIK NO ONE WILL REFUSE TO OFFER U ANY JOB.

CHECK THIS AND SEE THAT ITS REALITY
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by sammyzacks(m): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2009
check out ATBU Bauchi
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Chemical2(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2009
I'm not sure of what you're looking for,but if it is the best then Welcome to the University of Benin.My advice jack well for your post UME cos Uniben remains the most sought after Uni in the country.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by kwaghe: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2009
american university of nigeria is unarguably the best, though it is located in a secluded state, adamawa.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by cescjay(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2009
covenant uviversity,ota
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by seunwizzle(m): 10:18pm On Apr 10, 2009
wat r we using to determine as pa on wat grounds r we gonna rate the skools on
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2009
I doubt if there will be any sense of absolute objectivity with this topic

And as regards my view I choose UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN

REASONS
1)SMOOTH ACADEMIC CALENDAR
2)AFORDABILITY
3)ACCESIBILTY TO BOTH NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE OF NIGERIA
4)QUALIFIED TUTORS
5)DISCIPLINE WITHIN THE RANK AND FILE OF BOTH STUDENTS AND STAFFS ALIKE
6)HIGHLY RELIGIOUS SETTING

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by joobreel(m): 11:35pm On Apr 10, 2009
OAU is the best jo. o super
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2009
carlos222:

ITS NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY.

THIS IS COS WE ARE FAST AND READ VERY MUCH WELL THAT IF YOU HAVE UR BSC CERT FROM UNIZIK NO ONE WILL REFUSE TO OFFER U ANY JOB.

CHECK THIS AND SEE THAT ITS REALITY

So in Unizik, they teach you to type and write all in CAPITAL LETTERS?

And you English is a killer. "This is cos we are fast" "And read very much well".

This says all about your university.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by nature262(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2009
Wat defines discipline is being treatd like a secondary sch. Studnt by rude unsophisticated lecturers n staffs like some private univ. Look for a good fed. Uni 4 ur friend 4 me they ar d best were discipline meets style and freedom. If its medical related courses com to UNIPORT, WE AR UNIQUE
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by eldee(m): 10:02am On Apr 11, 2009
Just avoid Igbinedion University Okada. . .
That's the devil I know, the angels I don't know can't be that bad.

BTW if I were you, I'd tell my friend to stay back. Just look at the GTB employment thread and see what I'm talking about.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by BryanFury(m): 10:11am On Apr 11, 2009
[size=15pt] cool cool American University of Nigeria cool cool[/size]
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by bishoptboy(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2009
the thing be say everybody will shout their own university even though we all know what we went thru in our school.

According to a site (www.4icu.org/topAfrica) for 2009 ranking the Nigerian university with the highest ranking is University of Ilorin (33rd position)

here is another site that shows university of benin as the highest ( http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa ) and its are standing at 68th position.

I studied at University of Ilorin but I cant advice my enemy to go there even though its standing as one of the best in nigeria. I now study at Tshwane Unversity of Technology in SOuth Africa and the difference is toooooooooooooooo much. Until Naija university changes by God's grace my kids wont study there cos when you study outside of Nigeria you see the difference. Our governtment is killing our education and they send their own kids outside the country. some of our leaders even studied abroad and they know the differnece but they would never go home and implement what they see. our lecturers go out and study under good condition but come home to be sadist and are always happy to fail student. In in my department here in south africa if students fail a lecturer can be fired for it but in Unilorin lecturers are excited to fail students. SO SAD
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by sofeo(m): 10:44am On Apr 11, 2009
@ poster,

Don't mind them at all.

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA IS OK. HUH?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schools Here In Nigerian That Offer Part Time Programme On Elect/elect & Com Sci / Single Ladies: Opposite Of Bachelor Is Not Spinster! / Say This In Correct English: Dis Ogbolo Soup Draw O.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.