Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions (21634 Views)

Ambode Abolishes Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise / Presidency Abolishes Office Of First Lady / El-rufai Abolishes Joint Account, Swears In LGA Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by emmalezy(m): 1:50am On Sep 09, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-NQey8FZUo38/Ve9ZDebW5vI/AAAAAAAGgi8/0eMihPKExpQ/s400/unnamed.jpg[/img]

The Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El Rufai yesterday announced the abolition of fees paid for admission forms and their processing by applicants seeking admission into tertiary institutions owned by Kaduna state.

The State Commissioner for Education, Dr. Shehu Usman-Adamu, who spoke to journalists shortly after the cabinet meeting at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim House, Kaduna on behalf of the governor said: “All state government owned tertiary institution have been directed to stop payments for admission forms and for the processing of the forms for all tertiary schools in Kaduna State with immediate effect.

“Under no condition should prospective students be subjected to buying scratch cards for admission forms or pay processing fees in any of the state-owned higher schools.

“Admission into higher institutions should not be treated as a revenue source, hence, government decision to to abolishe the fees.
“The Governor has also directed that all non-teaching occupants of school quarters vacate the premises within 90 days.

“Henceforth teachers transferred to other schools must vacate their official quarters within six months to give way for other occupants”, he said.
Meanwhile, the State Executive Council also approved a draft Fiscal Responsibility Bill.

The State Commissioner for Finance, Suleiman Kwari, who disclosed this after the council meeting, said the Fiscal Responsibility Bill is designed to help protect the state from fiscal indiscipline and reform public financial management in the state.

He said: “The absence of a guiding framework for fiscal policy by previous governments had made the state become one of the most indebted in the country.

“Therefore, the new government has decided to pursue macro-fiscal discipline, compliance with rules and the attainment of budget credibility,” he said.

“A bill which will be submitted to the state’s House of Assembly for legislation would provide for an independent commission to monitor and enforce the provisions of the proposed law.

“When passed into law, the bill will limit possible deficits to not more than five per cent of aggregated revenue.
“The law if operational will also create a Kaduna State Fiscal Responsibility Commission, KADFREC, which shall be independent and be capable of recommending violators for prosecution that on conviction may result in imprisonment or the payment of fines.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/el-rufai-abolishes-payments-of-admission-forms-fees-in-in-kaduna/#sthash.BrHyXLx3.dpuf

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by tyson99(m): 1:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Good move and Gradually Nigeria will be great again,CHANGE is the only constant thing in life and am happy it's starting from my generation

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by vinkod007: 1:56am On Sep 09, 2015
We need somebody like this man as the governor in all the 36 states of the federation. God bless u Sir.... #teamelrufai.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by modath(f): 3:25am On Sep 09, 2015
By the time mallam is done with Kaduna state, people are going to ask.. "Fashola who"

Kaduna got a president in a governor, aswear!

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by gabbrri(m): 3:32am On Sep 09, 2015
Very GOOD if true

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by GabrielSuswam(m): 3:34am On Sep 09, 2015
He explained that council is persuaded that the aspirations of young people for admission into higher institutions should not be treated as a revenue source. [/quote]

Exactly... Chai Good governance

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by front247: 3:39am On Sep 09, 2015
El- rufai l want u to become Nigeria next president in 2019, other governnors should follow suit

33 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by vicadex07(m): 4:47am On Sep 09, 2015
You see, I told Mogidi that APC has got the best brains in this country but he won't just listen.

But wait o Mogidi, if you're not Yoruba what's the story behind your moniker cos it rhymes with SHIGIDI a Yoruba word for statue

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2015
Good one Mr. Midget Governor. The way you are going, I may soon be singing your praises though I'm still worried about the fate of poor masses as regards some of your policies especially in the area of urbanisation. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:25am On Sep 09, 2015
This guy should serve out Buhari's second four years. He knows what governance is about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:26am On Sep 09, 2015
Double post
Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43am On Sep 09, 2015
With the way this man is going, I see him being the President in the future.

16 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by modath(f): 6:25am On Sep 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
With the way this man is going, I see him being the President in the future.

I wish you lived in FCT before 2002/3, during OBJ's 2nd term (when he was FCT minister) & after they left office, you'll know mallam nor be play play...

His Administration demolished my parent's houses in a suburb(land as compensation)& I'm still stanning so hard for mallam...

Bala Muhammed (with his jesus;mama peace) is the worst thing that ever happened to FCT!!!

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by jalaludeen1(m): 6:41am On Sep 09, 2015
This is what governance is all about, on like that noisy governor fayose. If we have more of is kind i think we can archive asignificant change within a short period of time

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Rawani: 6:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Being a Progressive is not a label but a characteristic, one which is plenty in the APC from El-Rufai to Tambuwal to Fashola.

If El-Rufai is not presidential material...what is?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:50am On Sep 09, 2015
modath:

I wish you lived in FCT before 2002/3, during OBJ's 2nd term (when he was FCT minister) & after they left office, you'll know mallam nor be play play...

His Administration demolished my mum's houses in a suburb(land as compensation)& I'm still stanning so hard for mallam...

Bala Muhammed (with his Jesus patience)is the worst thing that ever happened to FCT!!!
Do you know Abuja has a master plan?

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by modath(f): 7:04am On Sep 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you know Abuja has a master plan?

We've lived in this city for 2 decades now.. That is my response. wink

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Agimor(m): 7:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
This guy should serve out Buhari's second four years. He knows what governance is about.
You mean Buhari is not doing well to merit second term.
Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 09, 2015
vicadex07:
You see, I told Mogidi that APC has got the best brains in this country but he won't just listen.

But wait o Mogidi, if you're not Yoruba what's the story behind your moniker cos it rhymes with SHIGIDI a Yoruba word for statue
Aregbesola, Bello Masari, Okorocha, Ajimobi, Bagudu are all APC governors but their corrupt practises is something outside this world

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by mrvitalis(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Sir u have my vote in 2019 please run for president

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 09, 2015
Rawani:
Being a Progressive is not a label but a characteristic, one which is plenty in the APC from El-Rufai to Tambuwal to Fashola.

If El-Rufai is not presidential material...what is?
Aregbesola is also an APC presidential material

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Lionpikin(m): 7:28am On Sep 09, 2015
A great move by the governor. But I have some questions, does it mean the state owned universities are free? Does it include non indigenes? Please someone with detailed knowledge on the matter should help me out

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by shidof(m): 7:40am On Sep 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Aregbesola is also an APC presidential material
Wrong button

4 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Agimor:
You mean Buhari is not doing well to merit second term.

Not really. Just worried about his age. 76/77 in the next four years, 80/81 in eight years.

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Agimor(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

Not really. Just worried about his age. 76/77 in the next four years, 80/81 in eight years.
Thats true.but how old is Mugabe that guy is nearing 90 yr already.
Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:05am On Sep 09, 2015
Agimor:
Thats true.but how old is Mugabe that guy is nearing 90 yr already.

He's 91 actually. But we don't need a president who sleeps and falls during state functions.lol

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by ibadantiti(f): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2015
They fools the uninformed, but what is cost of tuition fee.?

The admission fee is notting compare with the tuition.

Heartless set of people.
Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by Agimor(m): 8:20am On Sep 09, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

He's 91 actually. But we don't need a president who sleeps and falls during state functions.lol
Lolx.just like sleeping Wike.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2015
modath:

We've lived in this city for 2 decades now.. That is my response. wink
That is exactly what those whose buildings were demolished in Ifo, Ogun State on the expance of land belonging to LUTH said. The land was fenced and left since 1979 that it's purchased.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by donphilopus: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2015
ibadantiti:
They fools the uninformed, but what is cost of tuition fee.?

The admission fee is notting compare with the tuition.

Heartless set of people.

Shut up! For you to apply into Ambrose Alli University (AAU) Ekpoma, you need to purchase the form with about N8,000 and after you're admitted, your acceptance fee would be N40,000 plus school fees which is about 40-48K. So if a Governor decides to tell Students not to pay N48,000 out of N83,000, the Governor has not still tried? What if you go to the rehab to see a Psychiatrist?!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by flyca: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2015
If it is true, permit me to shout...

Sai El'rufaya! kiss

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Abolishes Admission Fees In State Owned Tertiary Institutions by kennydee05(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Sai Mini-Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kachikwu Submitted Letter To Buhari Only AFTER Media Leak / Buhari In Lagos: Soldiers Seize Phones Of Residents / Private Schools, Others To Benefit From Msmes Support Scheme – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.