Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,996 members, 7,852,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:13 PM

Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed (2490 Views)

Senior Police Officers Protest At Force Headquarters Over Lopsided Postings / Hameed Ali May Be Arrested Over ‘lopsided' Northern Appointments / Chibok Girls Dispersed, Some Married Off & Appointing Ministers Tough- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2015
Jwhizzy:
Question to all critics of the 'lopsided' appointments. If you're elected President of Nigeria, what will be your basis for selecting people to man the 'core' roles in your cabinet?
1. Trusted and capable friends/acquaintances
2. Federal character
3. Recommendations from politicians
4. Others (please specify)

I will choose option 1
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by 48noble(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Buhari is not an ethnic supremacist. he is only rewarding loyalty. That is why i believe no matter the propaganda by rivers PDP and Wike against Amaechi, Buhari will still nominate amaechi into his cabinent. Buhari value loyalty not ethnicity.
I respect him for that.
" A leader who abandon, destroy or kill those who are devoted and loyal to him does not inspire devotion and loyalty" Tyrion Lannister, Games of Throne .
Buhari is just being a good leader who appreciate loyalty.

Watch how high u climb,less someone slip ur hand..
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by FreeGlobe(f): 8:10am On Sep 09, 2015
atbu1983:

Buhari is not an ethnic supremacist. he is only rewarding loyalty. That is why i believe no matter the propaganda by rivers PDP and Wike against Amaechi, Buhari will still nominate amaechi into his cabinent. Buhari value loyalty not ethnicity.
Then why disn't h nominate Amaechi as SGF if what you are saying is true? Amaechi contributed more to Buhari being president than the current people he appointed as chief of staff and SGF.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by blonker1: 8:12am On Sep 09, 2015
Buhari has changed the way we do politics in Nigeria,I wish him well.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by divinehand2003(m): 8:14am On Sep 09, 2015
[quote author=FreeGlobe post=37821091][/quote
Lol
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by BraniacX(m): 8:21am On Sep 09, 2015
Were they scattered before or after you won the election buhari?

Did you know or suspect that they were scattered before or after you won the election buhari?

Would they still have been scattered to the best of your knowledge if you had lost the election buhari?

*your right hand must be place on a koran and your left hand hooked to a lie detector while answering these questions angry *

And now that you know they are scattered, the answer is simple, gather them back together and return them to chibok and fulfil one of your main electioneering promises or are you going to delegate the denial of this promise to liar mohammed again?
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by dTruth101: 8:22am On Sep 09, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has been with APP to ANPP since 1999, supported and campaigned for Buhari in three of his attempt on presidency and yet he wasn't worthy to be rewarded.

Mr President, your excuses are lame though I have nothing against your appointments, I was just reacting to your bigoted excuses.

Dr Onu did not believe in Buhari like the present SGF, Onu was with Buhari in ANPP in 2003 and 2007 only. When Buhari moved to CPC, where was Onu?

Dr David Lawal, COS n CG Custom n others were with him in every platform he contested.

If appointment should be based on legacy party affiliation then ANPP is not a south east party. Onu had been just a norminal ANPP member without any electoral value. How many govs, sen, reps or anything ANPP had because of Onu.
So better know ANPP owners are somewhere but East.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by chigoizie7(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2015
So, it was not on merit or the man to do d best in the job, but to compensate his loyalists.

I have always been right.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:
And they say this guy has no certificate? Can GEJ say all this without reading from a paper? PHD holder indeed..
Idiot, you couldn't even read that the interview was with BBC Hausa and that Daily Trust translated it to English.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2015
cvibe2:
Simple.

www.blackberrybabes.com
. I hope u would hv said that if Jonathan appointed people from Niger delta alone nd left the north out.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2015
SenseiX:

Idiot, you couldn't even read that the interview was with BBC Hausa and that Daily Trust translated it to English.

Ewu!!! Even if na pidgin, GEJ Go still read am for paper..
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:

Ewu!!! Even if na pidgin, GEJ Go still read am for paper..
He can read from the paper at the very least unlike that senile dolt you call your president. It takes a retardeen like you to support that dullard
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Gbawe: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2015
48noble:
President Muhammadu Buhari has defended his recent appointments criticised by many Nigerians as lopsided, saying he nominated people he could trust, and who had worked with him for years.
The president said the Constitution allows him full control over the choice of his closest officials, and made clear the appointments also served as reward for those who remained loyal to him for years, who refused to be lured by power or material wealth.
Mr. Buhari made the comments in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday. It was his first direct response to the controversy generated by his first round of appointments.
The president also spoke on Chibok girls, military gains against Boko Haram and his administration’s war against corruption.
Mr. Buhari faced public outcry two weeks ago after naming the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, his Chief of Staff, head of Immigration and Customs, among others.
Critics slammed the decision as “lopsided”, as it became clear Mr. Buhari’s 30 nominations so far lack regional and gender balance.
An overwhelming majority of the president’s senior appointees are from the northern region of the country, where he comes from, and at least two are from his native Katsina State.
The South East has no appointee yet.
The president’s aides had earlier assured that subsequent appointments would ensure balance.
Asked by the BBC about the controversy, the president said, “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.
“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate,” he said of his critics, according to a translation of the BBC interview, by Daily Trust.
“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong? I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?
“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments. What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”
The president said Chibok girls, who were abducted in April 2014 by Boko Haram, had been dispersed and were kept in units at different locations.
He said many of the girls had been forced to convert to Islam.
“They have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations. Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.
“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them,” the president said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/189705-buhari-breaks-silence-over-lopsided-appointments-says-chibok-girls-dispersed.html

Buhari is so easy to defend because, unlike all other Presidents since 1999, he is "mai gaskiya" i.e one whose word is his bond. The part in bold above is exactly what I said about Buhari's appointment and he has gone on to validate what I said because the man is very easy to predict due to his commitment to doing the right and honest thing always. the treachery of Nigerian politics means Buhari, if he is to succeed , has to go with tried and trusted associates, for sensitive positions, who are loyal and cannot be bought. Jonathan chose self-serving vultures like Anyim who was always asleep and feathering his own nest. It is about time Nigerians begin to support the notion of merit. Buhari wants to get it right and he has the right to go with those he trusts completely for positions where others will undertake sensitive tasks on his behalf.

https://www.nairaland.com/2574341/now-accept-buhari-hates-south/7#37695667

Buhari is a man. he will die. Certainly the SE will outlive Buhari because it is a geographical region. However you are wrong to claim Buhari is wicked. He does not hate the SE and does not bear a grudge agaist the region in my opinion. Wait to see the major appointments in sectors that can transform Nigeria before you conclude hastily. I personally don't understand why people make a fuss about positions like SGF which I consider to be the office of a glorified pen pusher.

The SGF, along with most appointees of Buhari so far, cannot directly impact on health, electricity, infrastructure, agriculture, security, economic diversification, SME proliferation et al as competent Ministers can. If Ministerial appointees are merit-based, and Governors perform well, then that is what Nigeria needs to make progress. For certain positions, where a high level of loyalty is required given the treacherous nature of Nigerian politics, I have no issue with Buhari going with tried and trusted compatriots even if they are from his region.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2015
SenseiX:

He can read from the paper at the very least unlike that senile dolt you call your president. It takes a retardeen like you to support that dullard

You know when a dullard is topping your class, you know what that make every other person in that class? It makes them mumu and that is what GEJ and you a crazy mad dog follower is
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Dr Ogbonnaya Onu has been with APP to ANPP since 1999, supported and campaigned for Buhari in three of his attempt on presidency and yet he wasn't worthy to be rewarded.

Mr President, your excuses are lame though I have nothing against your appointments, I was just reacting to your bigoted excuses.
onu wasn't in CPC. In fact, he had a quarrel with PMB in ANPP hence the formation of CPC
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:20am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:
And they say this guy has no certificate? Can GEJ say all this without reading from a paper? PHD holder indeed..
bobo bbc hausa, dat interview was made in hausa language. Stop being a fool.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2015
Demdem:

shut ur trap. Onu will be well rewarded afterall close to 80% of appointments havent been made. Besides, Did Onu complain to u? Why delving on what u know little or nothing about. Face ur killer party and leave internal dealings of APC to APC biko.
cpc bro, cpc
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bobo bbc hausa, dat interview was made in hausa language. Stop being a fool.

Stop being a bigger fool...GEJ wey dey even read pidgin from paper...mtchew!!!
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:

Stop being a bigger fool...GEJ wey dey even read pidgin from paper...mtchew!!!
bros na bbc hausa bin do de interview period. It means na for hausa dem do d interview not english.
Locate ur brain n make use of it.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Luckylife(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2015
atbu1983:

I respect him for that.

" A leader who abandon, destroy or kill those who are devoted and loyal to him does not inspire devotion and loyalty" Tyrion Lannister, Games of Throne .

Buhari is just being a good leader who appreciate loyalty.
hmmm Nigeria king of the North in making, very interesting to watching.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros na bbc hausa bin do de interview period. It means na for hausa dem do d interview not english.
Locate ur brain n make use of it.

Whether he speaks hausa, kanuri, igbo or itsekiri is not my concern but the fact that my presido no dey read from paper like GEJ...GEJ reads everything from paper even if it's written in 'otueke's language '
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by hinwazaka: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2015
Point of correction, Mr President, the characters who now occupy your kitchen cabinet, did not defect due to personal commitment and loyalty, but due to their lack of influence and their unpopularity with the Nigerian political class. If they were offered positions, in the previous administrations, they would have gladly accepted. Also, Loyalty alone is not the requirement for selecting public officials, but also intelligence, competence and experience.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:

Whether he speaks hausa, kanuri, igbo or itsekiri is not my concern but the fact that my presido no dey read from paper like GEJ...GEJ reads everything from paper even if it's written in 'otueke's language '
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Azaks12(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
No man is perfect, with the issue of Buhari, I can say all is well that ends well. And the main issue now is for him to bring about the much desired and the long awaited change all Nigerians are looking forward to by whatever way feels he can do it better.
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:

is that why u r really pained this morning?
Dont worry next time gej will read directly from ur dead brains, hope that will make u happy.
Useme
Re: Buhari Breaks Silence Over ‘lopsided Appointments’, Says Chibok Girls Dispersed by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2015
Looks like some people have misplaced their heads. PMB is indirectly telling us that rescuing Chibok girls is impossible and someone is busy defending his certificate. Others are busy praising him. A 100% Buharist but who is a sincere political analyst, in an interview granted on STV, has warned Buhari to be ware of people like you who praise him for everything he does because they're not doing him any good. People like this don't let him see his weaknesses

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Will Be The President Of Biafra / New Look Inside Eko Pearl Towers Apartments / Igbo Quit Notice: The North Is Playing With Fire - Femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.