Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

“Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (59417 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:49am On Sep 09, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has broken his silence on his appointments, which many Nigerians have described as “lopsided”.

Buhari in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday said the Constitution allowed him full control over the choice of his closest officials.

The president assured that he was not ignoring some section of his society in his appointments, explaining that those he appointed were some of his most trusted associates.

Responding to the interviewer’s question on the controversy generated by the appointments, Buhari said “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.

“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate.

“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong?

“I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?

“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.

“What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

On the abducted Chibok girls missing since April 2014, Buhari said the Boko Haram sect had “have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations.

“Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/09/why-i-appointed-more-northerners-buhari-finally-opens-up/

18 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2015
"We don't need position, but please give our 'yoruba' brothers position." Quote me anywhere.

Morale of the day: never trust a fulani man, they will use and dump you.

I'm dedicating this to Genea, please take heart over the loss of your friend. May God give you the large heart to bear the loss. #love you Genea.

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by DaGC(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2015
DaGC:
All I can say is goodluck to them in the discharge of their duties.

5 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Demmocrats(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2015
For those of you who cease to understand things.

Simple analysis check the road network systems of the three main tribes in Nigeria then you will understand why I said that tribe are honest people.

Am not Hausa or Muslim but those guys are honest people don't judge them because of few bad eggs that are extremist.

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by MKO4ever(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2015
What we want is result, appoint anybody of your choice baba!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Demmocrats(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2015
Because they are more credible and honest tribe in Nigeria

Sai Buhari

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by midolian(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2015
They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.
These kind of people are really the men for the job. They ll never let baba down.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by saintopus(m): 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"We don't need position, but please give our 'yoruba' brothers position." Quote me anywhere.

Morale of the day: never trust a fulani man, they will use and dump you.

Since the Yorubas are not crying no need to cry more than the bereaved.

To the topic when another President from other region came to power people should not cry out for marginalisation.
That is my opinion.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Bobbystanley(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2015
I dont like Buhari.

I didnt vote for him but to be Honest,

This man is focus, he has vision to Rule this nation.

Just in less than four months, things are begining to go well. Now I understand why he chose his close associates as his personal staff.
You don't expect him to appoint Ameachi who Betrayed his own people. He could also betray Baba anytime.

Abi U want him to appoint Ngige that would want to impeach him overnight.

I have resigned from the wailing Wailers.
But I would still condemn Baba if he gets it wrong.

268 Likes 23 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2015
saintopus:

To the topic when another President from other region came to power people should not cry out for marginalisation.
That is my opinion.
And who told you that the yorubas are not crying? Quote me anywhere

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Segadem(m): 10:01am On Sep 09, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

And who told you that the yorubas are not crying? Quote me anywhere
we are not crying,it is u people that are crying.

31 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by NOBODYY: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2015
Couldnt av said it any better

Sai baba!!!

10 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 09, 2015
saintopus:

That is my opinion.

Even Ooni of Ife wept before he died grin grin grin grin

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Segadem(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Lalasticlala
whaaaat?
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:06am On Sep 09, 2015
Segadem:
whaaaat?
The fastest way to make front page is by mentioning lalastic-lala on a "growing" thread -goatandyamtheory(2015) cool

6 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:

I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?

“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/09/why-i-appointed-more-northerners-buhari-finally-opens-up/
To Buhari reward and nepotism come first, competence doesn't matter.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Tallesty1(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2015
Demmocrats:

Sai Buhari
You forgot one thing.

They have the highest number of suicide bombers and terrorists than other tribes in Nigeria.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2015
Sai Buhari!!!!!!!! grin grin Just make sure you stay away from Ndi-Yoruba lest you end up like your brother Yar'Adua. Tinubu is very desperate now. cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
To Buhari reward comes first, competency doesn't matter.
Dedication!

7 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2015
People need to understand that there are some appointments the President makes which the Constitution is silent as to where the occupants will come from. Apart from the appointment of ministers, there is no Constitutional provision, as far as I know, that says the appointments must have a national spreads; not even the special advisers.

8 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by omenka(m): 10:19am On Sep 09, 2015
Baba stop wasting your time explaining. Nothing you say or do would please the Wailers, except of course outright suicide.

They are hardwired to grumble and wail over your every action irrespective of who the beneficiaries of such actions are- even if it were themselves!!

Just ride on sire- you have our unfettered support! smiley

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by omowolewa: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2015
So it wasn't the competence issue?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by CSTR2: 10:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Demmocrats:

Sai Buhari
You have no brain.

19 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by CSTR2: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Dedication!
Bullshitt.
Party or buhari loyalty will not save the economy or develop Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by funlord(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2015
grin

Can't nigerians just wait for this chap to finish appointing his ENTIRE cabinet first before they criticise and start labelling his appointments lopsided? Na wa oh? This ethnic and religious bigotry has really made most of the people in this country sick with _stupidity!

13 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 09, 2015
abokki begat abboki. grin grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 09, 2015
I see everything wrong with the assertion that a Nigerian President has to use government positions to reward his good friends because they suffered together.

This is the clear definition of Nepotism.

So, if I am to become President, I will only give positions to my friends within my political zones because we suffered together.

And if everyone does that, where this geographical expression is heading to ? Common-sense is truly not common.

Buhari, your brain is your skull, locate it and use it.

84 Likes 13 Shares

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Aufbauh(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2015
This man is an embodiment of uprightness, integrity and honesty. He's also focus and determine. Not given to mundane things, keep close associates of men of like minds and values. To him loyalty, trust, steadfastness, dedication and hardwork are the primary essence of viable association. The man you can not put out your neck for is not worth a close ally.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by koligs: 10:39am On Sep 09, 2015
Good one. Honestly, I believe President Muhammadu Buhari has the best interest of the country at heart and with time, things will get better. We know the level of expectation is high and virtually, there's no honeymoon period. It's not as if he met a country that was having it all rosy when he got in. For those praying for his failure, remember you might get the chance to gloat but Buhari's failure will be Nigeria's failure. I believe in God. I Believe in Nigeria. I know that by may 29 2019, Nigeria would be much better than Buhari met it.

8 Likes

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by CR77(f): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2015
cheesy Government of the north by the north and for the north.

Baba one change have nothing to offer grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian / Picture Of Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Kukere / Jolly Mood After Meeting of South-West APC Leaders (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.