Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (6824 Views)

Obasanjo: Why I Appointed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Finance Minster / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Voy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has broken his silence on his appointments, which many Nigerians have described as “lopsided”.

Buhari in an interview with BBC Hausa on Tuesday said the Constitution allowed him full control over the choice of his closest officials.
The president assured that he was not ignoring some section of his society in his appointments, explaining that those he appointed were some of his most trusted associates.

Responding to the interviewer’s question on the controversy generated by the appointments, Buhari said “This is the nature of Nigerian politics”.

“If they will do justice to me, as an elected Nigerian president, let them look at the Constitution a Nigerian president works with, there are people who will closely work with me that don’t need to be taken to the Senate.

“If I select people whom I know quite well in my political party, whom we came all the way right from the APP, CPC and APC, and have remained together in good or bad situation, the people I have confidence in and I can trust them with any post, will that amount to anything wrong?

I have been with them throughout our trying times, what then is the reward of such dedication and suffering?

“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.

“What is wrong if I make you the secretary (of the federal government) because I have confidence that things will go normal?”

On the abducted Chibok girls missing since April 2014, Buhari said the Boko Haram sect had “have scattered them, and are being guarded at dispersed locations.

“Most of the girls are Christians and were forced to embrace Islam. And the sect’s cruel leaders have married some of the girls, obviously against their wish. Others have been left to practice their religion but their condition could hardly be ascertained.

“Both ground and air security personnel in the Sambisa forest could spot where the girls are, but since the insurgents have also kidnapped housewives and other women, no one could say whether they mixed them or how they dispersed them.”
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/09/why-i-appointed-more-northerners-buhari-finally-opens-up/

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by kossyablaze(m): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok I'm proud APC...buh seriously thr no justifiable reason to validate diz his assertions.The country is almost tearing apart cuz of diz single act.All the juicy segments of this government is bn headed by a Northerner.I often wonder who advises him tho...If it continues like dis,then there's no hope for Nigeria and itz gon be better of "To ur tents o Israel"...KOSSYABLAZE
Cc lalasticlala

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by nikkiking(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
Kool shocked.
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by francoray(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
May God bless our president with wisdom to bring the needed change to this bleeding nation.

For me, I will do the same for appointing those I trust.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by FirstNigerian(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2015
umm, mr President Though I'm from the 5%, I will like to admit., You've been honest with your statements.
I don't think my fellow umunne wouldn't have done same.

At this time of history, I don't think in all honesty, that we need leaders that need to sound 'politically correct' what Nigerians need now, is an honest leader, one who will say the hard truth no matter what!

Though I'm not comfortable with the statement, but, i must have to commend you for ur honesty.
Keep it up.

Umunne na umunna m ndi Igbo, O bu otu oha m na-onu.
Unu ewerakwalam iwe. Abum onye eziokwu.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Fundango: 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2015
Gbam !Case close grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by SeverusSnape(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lame excuses. You're a bigoted illiterate fellow. Simple!

He's trying to say only the north has competent and Trustworthy people. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by seunwen2(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
Northern President

7 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Firefire(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
Waiting for Garba or Adeshina to come deny this news as usual.

Confused people. cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by princemillla(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
Buhari has a point on whom he appoints

BT on the chiboks girls, I don't know what to say...

Some say it's a scam, some say it's true they were kidnapped - yet am neutral. Until they are rescued. And pls baba remember, rescuing the girls was one of your agenda that prompt many of us to vote enmassely for you. so pls don't disappoint me(us)
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Dannyset(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2015
It's true you are safe with those you trust around you, but you must also show to other Nigerians that you have confidence in them. Baba has aid this times without number, but I won't buy into it. All regions need to trust you by appointing their people.

Baba, I won't support you on this. Hian!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Fundango: 7:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
Case closed !grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by bugzbunny: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hh
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by bugzbunny: 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
seunwen2:
Northern President
Its called arewanistan
Booharis kingdom

5 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by SeverusSnape(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:
Ok I'm proud APC...buh seriously thr no justifiable reason to validate diz his assertions.The country is almost tearing apart cuz of diz single act.All the juicy segments of this government is bn headed by a Northener.I often wonder who advises him tho...If it continues like dis,then there's no hope for Nigeria and itz gon be better of "To ur tents o Israel"...KOSSYABLAZE
Cc lalasticlala
Correct guy grin

4 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by ikechu1278: 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Waiting for his paid goons and north @ss licking slaves to come and applaud this

6 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by kossyablaze(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Correct guy grin
confirm!Real Recognise Real!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by aariwa(m): 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Is it morally right for a girl to abandon that nerd who suffered with her in school through tick and thin and even tutored her in private lessons in order for her to excel through school for a posh and better looking guy when she lands an oil company job?
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by bugzbunny: 7:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:
Ok I'm proud APC...buh seriously thr no justifiable reason to validate diz his assertions.The country is almost tearing apart cuz of diz single act.All the juicy segments of this government is bn headed by a Northerner.I often wonder who advises him tho...If it continues like dis,then there's no hope for Nigeria and itz gon be better of "To ur tents o Israel"...KOSSYABLAZE
Cc lalasticlala
If you are suprised then u were scammed...
This man is a sectional leader..an islamist
He will use EFcc to scatter southern politicians..
Inec is in his pocket grin

11 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Herald47: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
If it's gej that made this statement will you accept it?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by bugzbunny: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
ikechu1278:
Waiting for his paid goons and north @ss licking slaves to come and applaud this
They will defend him..
Dat it doesn't matter so far they get d job done..
Throwing away federal xter... bloody slaves

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by LastSurvivor: 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
I think buhari is running out of lies and lame excuses..

4 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by wisdomguy4u(m): 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
Buhari is a religious and ethnic bigot... How do you expect him to have close associates outside the North. Had it been it were GEJ who did this, hell would have gone loose in the North, even buhari will come out to castigate GEJ for that.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
anyways.
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Okanokan(m): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
We wish him well!
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by illiad: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2015
K
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by sigiyaya(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Did the constitution permit you northerlalize Nigerian
Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by modath(f): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
kossyablaze:

When you have too many people doing prayer & fasting say make you fail, would you do try your luck decisons?

No, you will try to make few mistakes, cos at the end of the day, it is Buhari's govt , today we all say Jona was this, was that but most of the atrocities were committed by people under him..

1 Like

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Descartes: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Buhari is a tribalist-VirginFinder(August 2015) cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Descartes: 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Cc passingshot, Gbawe, Fulanimafia, QuotaSystem, Ilekeh and other members of YAMS wink

3 Likes

Re: Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by gab264(m): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
Useless man......
Buhari u shall not no peacesadsad
For the rest of yaa tenure.
Ur policies have shown who u truly are.
Boko haram will never end in the north.
Economy of the zoo shall crumble more and more.
No amount of policies shall revamp it again.
Buhari u shed innocent bloods just to get to dat sit.
But behold, thou shall not see it end, those bloods u shed are crying every day in the presence of our Almighty God.
Because of his anger, he has dispatched angel of destruction to the economy of this useless nation,.
Ur policies will turn to the worst.
Many have lost there jobs within this period of destruction.
Very soon Nigeria will crawl into reccesion, yaa foreign reserve shall be deplated, tribes and nations shall emerge.
Maa pple will have there freedom, there oppression are maa concern, am pained!! cus of it.
I will curse thaa who cus maa pple, there generation shall I curse.
I will spare not dis nation, for the wicked dids of thou leaders.
When u migth ave seen all this signs, u will no that am yaa God.

Thus says the lord.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Arrives New Guinea For 8th African Summit Of African, Carribean States / Aviation Fuel Production In Port-Harcourt Refinery Set To Commence / How A Northern Girl Want To Prevent Her Parents From Voting Buhari(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.