Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War (964 Views)

Americans Blast Biafran Agitator Over Buhari Post On Texas Storm Thread / Lovely Pics Of Wife & Kids Of Biafran Agitator Ben Mmadubugwu Detained By Buhari / Biafran Agitator Nnamdi Kanu Released. Sahara Reporter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
It is wrong to associate the agitation for state of biafra with war. For all I see, Biafran agitators are never asking for war, all they are asking for is freedom. Their agitation is not illegal, it is boldly enshrined under United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples which was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly during its 61st session at UN Headquarters in New York City on 13 September 2007, Which Nigeria happened to be a signatory to. The Charter clearly states that indigenous people reserve the right to agitate for their freedom without fear of intimidation.

Agitation for freedom does not in anyway signifies calling for senseless war. War can only come when the oppressors tries to militarily suppress the lawful agitation, and that is what the United Nation charter stands to prevent. The 1966 Nigeria declaration of war on the new born biafra state can be justified because as at that time, the UN declaration for the right of indigenous people was not yet in existence. Then, it's was a fight of survival of the fittest. The United Nation was not legally bound to protect any indigenous people seeking for their freedom.

Now, the United Nation under the 2007 declaration is under obligation to defend any indigenous people peacefully agitating for their freedom against any intimidation from their oppressors. So any attempt to militarily intimidate or suppress the biafran agitation will be tantamount to a collision between the Nigerian State on one side, and the United Nation and the Indigenous People of Biafra on the other side. You should know that the United Nation had already been notified of the agitation and they are only watching to see how serious the course of the agitation is before they can intervene.

For those accusing Nnamdi kanu of instigating violence; Nnamdi kanu might be raining hate speech on radio, but he had never incite killing of any tribe in his hometown. He had never attacked any mosque. Their are many hausas and yorubas in the SE SS, and none had ever been attacked. Am hausa man freely sell suya opposite one of their meeting venue. He had at many times warned his followers never to physically attack or cause injury to any person of another tribe. He is only exercising his right to freedom of expression. Tell me what do you expect him to do, hug and smile with his acclaim oppressors? He is only trying to pass a simple information, which is : " i know you all hate me for leading biafra agitation; but I don't care ; I hate you all too".

Nigeria should trade carefully... 1966 isn't 2015. The international world has changed a lot. Nigeria might have silent enemies within and outside africa, who can't wait to see the boastful giant of Africa crumble to the ground. The world is now watching with 4G...

Biafra agitators should also trade carefully . They should study and learn from other country who had gotten their freedom on ground of the United Nation Charter for the right of indigenous people. Carry the world along in whatever you do. Keep your agitation peaceful , avoid any senseless physical violence on other innocent individual tribes.

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by wecan: 9:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
BIAFRA MY COUNTRY

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by Phinagold(f): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well said

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by SOUNDKING: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
The problem of the zoo and her leaders is that they still lives in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by dejavski(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Though am not Biafran but I support a peaceful agitation

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by DaBullIT(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Hehe he

What do you intend to do with nuclear weapons one of your people said they obtained?

What happened to calls to arm?

Una dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by Kingyellew(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Very soon Biatra would be a hovering reality in Jesus name.It is the establishment of God"s kingdom here on earth. No violence and non exodus type of seperation.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Hehe he

What do you intend to do with nuclear weapons one of your people said they obtained?

What happened to calls to arm?

Una dey fear?

Like I said, agitation only result to war when the accused oppressors militarily tries to suppress the agitator. It's more of defensive move.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by DaBullIT(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
Whatever rocks your boat
wisdomguy4u:

Like I said, agitation only result to war when the accused oppressors militarily tries to suppress the agitator. It's more of defensive move.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by basilo101: 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
wen the weakling threaten war i just laff. some ppl are really scared of being on their own.
Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by lionstone: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
Don't mind the zoo that wants to intimidate us. Thanks .#Biafra_must_stand. #Amen.
Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
Africa is yet to get to that maturity stage of acknowledging peaceful agitations for succession, that is why what nnamdi kanu is doing is on the right pace.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by gibsonpally: 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
You are confused!

Kanu, MASSOB and biafran e-warriors on internet are calling for break-up of Nigeria which is treasonable felony.
UN does not give any citizens of an independent country carte blanche to commit treason against their own country in the name of freedom.

Further, Ibos are not in bondage nor are they being persecuted or being cleansed out of their SE.
UN has a standing rule against interference in domestic affairs of member states.

Biafran agitation is a dead door nail and such agitation is sheer provocation to the Nigerian people and government.
Furthermore, UN cannot grant independence to any tribe, let alone on the basis of tribal bigotry!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Agitator Do Not Seek For War by tundamartin: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Burn that thought! Ibos have no stomach for another war.
As the guy above me stated, you are confusing treason with freedom agitation of an oppressed people!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Rationing Vs Fixed Rate Charge. / Gamaniel Onosode Is Dead / Buhari's Ministers: Who Gets What [Thisday Newspaper]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.