Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Can Windows XP Still Hook Up To The Internet? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can Windows XP Still Hook Up To The Internet? (611 Views)

What Else Can I Do To Make My Windows Xp Access The Internet...iam tired! / Is It Adviseable To Install Windows 7 In A Pc That Came With Windows Xp? / Windows XP Unlimited Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Windows XP Still Hook Up To The Internet? by Eze2000(m): 2:22am On Sep 10, 2015
Hi guys.
Microsoft recently announced it withdrawal of support for the Windows XP is and my desktop happens to be one that comes with that OS built into it. I got no opinion of upgrades its just the XP.
This Mercury PC has served me for 5 years without a problem. I connect to internet by my laptop but do most work and store files on the desktop which I never connect to internet.
I got laptop problems now - my old laptop is damaged and the replacement usa ordered one is temporarily stuck in the USA. By the time its shipped here and gets through the corruptt and super delaying Nigerian customs it could be 2/3 months.
I want to start connecting my desktop to the net but it'll be stupid for me to go buying expensive data on my modem without first knowing if it'll work.
so guys pls help me out.
is there a way to upgrade the OS? Or can the XP still ride the Internet?
Re: Can Windows XP Still Hook Up To The Internet? by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 10, 2015
Short answer: Yes. Can you also upgrade to a higher OS?: Yes.

(1) (Reply)

The Magicstick Is The World’s First Powerful PC Stick With 8GB RAM / Telecoms Training / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.