Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra (942 Views)

INEC Officer Being Rushed To The Hospital After Being Beaten In Rivers (Photos) / INEC Officer Bleeds From Head As He Announces Election Results In Rivers / ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by temitemi1(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2015
Awka—DETAILS emerged, yesterday, on the discovery of four female dead bodies in a room in Ifite area of Awka, the Anambra State capital. The Anambra State police command discovered the dead bodies in a room occupied by a couple on Olisa Onyeka Crescent near the Commissioners’ quarters in Awka GRA.
Two of the dead bodies were said to be holding Holy Bible at the time they were discovered and they might have gone to pray with the tenant of the room when they met their death.
One of the victims and a tenant in the building, Mrs. Chinwe Obi, a Grade Level 14 officer with the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, hailed from Uruagu, Nnewi. Until her death, she was the electoral officer for Onitsha South Local Government Area.
It was also gathered, yesterday, that the husband of Mrs. Obi, who returned to Nigeria from Cotonou, Benin Republic, died about a week ago in the same room and the body is still in the mortuary.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hosea Karma said that following volunteered information, he went with his men to the scene and discovered the bodies after neighbours tried Mrs. Obi’s telephone line severally without any response. According to Karma, the decomposing bodies of the women had been taken to the hospital for autopsy.
The CP said: “A report came to us that a woman was being called on phone without anybody picking it for two days and we had to mobilize to her residence. On getting there, we had to force the window open and saw the bodies lying on the floor. “The bodies found in that room were without bruises which was an indication that there was no attack from anyone.”
Karma said that the other three women, whose identities had not been known, were being suspected to be her church members who came to sympathize with her over the death of her husband.
The police commissioner said, however, that the police discovered a generating set and a remnant pot of soup suspected to be carbon monoxide or food poison respectively. The commissioner disclosed that the soup as well as their bodies had been taken to mortuary for examination.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/inec-officer-three-other-female-bodies-found-in-room-in-anambra/#sthash.iyGl5RGL.dpuf

Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2015
"I love you Genea", Quote me anywhere.
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by Obinovictor(m): 7:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Chai
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by Tallesty1(m): 7:47am On Sep 10, 2015
undecided
OZAOEKPE:
"I love you Genea", Quote me anywhere.
undecided

1 Like

Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by powerfulsettingz: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2015
Na election reach their?
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by okotv(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2015
I hope the sanctity of life is not lost in Nigeria.
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:59am On Sep 10, 2015
Will people who came to sympathize with somebody likely eat in the person's house? Then why would all four die?

If it's carbon monoxide, did they sleep over in the house? If yes, do sleeping people still hold their bibles?

The police should dig deeper into this case and stop the shallow assumptions.
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by wordcat(m): 8:26am On Sep 10, 2015
What a tragedy?
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by oba2flex(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2015
There's more to this. Its neither Carbon Monoxide nor poisoning.
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by GabrielSuswam(m): 8:42am On Sep 10, 2015
I'm Clueless here
Re: INEC Officer, Three Other Female Bodies Found In Room In Anambra by mightyhaze: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2015
This is really sad. Imagine ppl who came 2 sympathise wit d bereaved dying along wit d bereaved just like dat. I will encourage ppl 2 keep generatin sets away from sleepin or livin quarters.the fumes from d generators probly lulled dem 2 sleep while prayin and den finally choked dem 2 death. I hope an exhaustive investigation is carried out however,2 unravel d cause of death,so ppl don't attribute all manner of mysteries 2 ds.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor, Who Exposed Corruption At Katsina Federal Hospital / What Happened To The Church In Aso Rock? / Presidency: Policy Direction Will Be Clear With Appointment Of Economic Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.