Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church (36067 Views)

How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft / Long Snake Killed At Apostolic Church In Lagos (Photos) / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Releases 2016 Motto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:16am On May 19, 2020
*CAC LIVING WATER DEVOTIONAL*

*Tuesday, May 19, 2020*

*JONAH OR NOAH*

*Read Jonah 1:1-12*

*MEMORISE*
*And the people said to Joshua, "The Lord our God we will serve, and His voice we will obey! (Joshua 24:24)*

*EXPOSITION*
Jonah and Noah were both prophets of the most high Yahweh. The difference between the arrangements of the letters in their names is letter "J". These men of God ad many things in common, but One thing differentiates them. They were both divinely assigned On a life saving mission to men. Both were devoted Jews. Their impacts on their different generations and beyond were great. But there were differences in their responses/attitudes to God’s call.
Jonah was instructed by God to preach to, and warn Nineveh, because of their sin, so that they could turn to God for forgiveness. But he reluctantly did his assignment changing the terms of service. He did not completely cooperate with God in the execution. He even initially rejected the offer and was ready to die instead of doing the right thing.
Noah, on the other hand, was commanded to build Ark to save his world. He accepted and completely worked out his assignment according to the terms of engagement. He moved to site without hesitation. He passionately, humbly and gracefully completed his assignment. His love or the people was second to none, hence his patient with their stubbornness. He joyfully did his assignment, was happy with the result, and thankful to God for His final decision. Can these be said of you?
We have lessons to learn from Noah and the repentant Jonah's obedient response. The ass, its coh, and their owner gladly made themselves available for the Lord's use. There is urgency in the assignment in your hand. Don't reserve our best for tomorrow; use it now! No great team reserves their best when they have crucial task at hand. Whatever is your God-given assignment, small or big, go for it with your best. Be among the few who will trust God's Word and do it passionately. God help you!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me never to fail in all that You commit into my hands.
2. As You helped the hearers of Jonah to accept the message and repent, give ears to those that will henceforth hear Your Word from me, to act according to Your will.
3. Pray against the spirit of reluctance or hesitation in doing God’s work among Christians and churches in the land.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 4 - 5 & 1 Corinthians 10*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:54am On May 22, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - _World Autoimmune/Autoinflammatory Arthritis Day_*

*TOPIC: DEVELOPING YOUR FAITH FOR DIVINE MIRACLE*

*Read 1 Samuel 1:12-18*
*MEMORISE: _Therefore I say to you; whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them_ (Mark 11:24)*

*EXPOSITION*
Faith is in different dimensions. There is a faith that brought us salvation through Christ Jesus - the saving faith *(Rom. 10:9).* After salvation, there is another dimension of faith we need to develop, to enjoy divine miracles. This miracle working faith may either be little or great *(Matt. 8:10,26).* What therefore differentiates a great faith from little one?
The little faith lacks confidence or trust in God. Little is undeveloped like a 3-year-old child that fails to develop and walk. It is as good as no faith at all. Christ expects His children to grow in faith and grace. In fact, your Christian maturity is tantamount to your growth in these. A Christian who refuses to grow in faith, after salvation, risks missing many spiritual blessings from God. Jesus' disciples wonder why they could not heal the demon possessed boy, and Jesus never minced words to tell them, 'Because of your unbelief' *(Matt. 17:19-20).* Furthermore, He made them realise how important it is to have the kind of faith that can wrought exploits. Even a faith, as small as mustard seed, can move mountains, according to Jesus. Why? A tiny mustard seed would grow to become a big tree. If you truly have given your life to Christ, you must continue to grow and develop in Him.

You must develop your faith in God to receive healing and diverse miracles from Him. All you need do is ask in faith, in the first place, believing that God will surely bring the miracles to manifestation, not doubting in your heart. Hannah believed in Yahweh for the fruit of the womb. After her prayer and the prophetic sanctioning by the priest, she did not go back doubting. Before the time, she refused to eat and was sad, but immediately after her prayers, 'she went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad' *(1 Sam. 1:18)*. She conceived and was with a child, because she had her faith developed, over time, and would not doubt God's ability to do her request *(cf. Rom. 4:21).* You can't be different, so as to be opened up for miracles.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, give me a living faith, to enjoy You the more, till eternity.
2. Lord, remove from us doubting minds or double-mindedness, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for those battling with arthritis, that God should heal them by His power.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 6 - 7 & 1 Corinthians 11*

*Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE*
*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:55am On May 22, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 21, 2020*

*TOPIC: ERADICATE THEM ALL*

*Read Numbers 33:51-55*
*MEMORISE: _But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell_ (Numbers 33:55)*

*EXPOSITION*
There is one popular saying, "We don't close the door of relationship at once, because we may need to pass through it again and again". This is not applicable in terms of total eradication or stoppage of all sorts of negative (ungodly) relationships or alliances one had during the time of ignorance *(cf. 1 Cor. 15:33)*. It is safer not to put what you will not eat close to your nose. For sure, the sheep that flock with dogs will soon taste faeces. If you move with wrong persons, the tendency is too high that your life will be exactly like theirs.

To escape from danger of being around negative or wrong people, you have to follow the biblical principle of abstinence. This is the import of Yahweh's command to the upcoming nascent Israelites' nation in Numbers 33:52: 'Then you shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, destroy all their engraved stones, destroy all their molded images, and demolish all their high places'. Our memory Scripture accounts for why God gave them this command. The people in the land of Canaan were all gentles, and dangerous. If just a few of them were allowed to stay around the children of Israel, they would harm them at last.

If you do not want to jeopardise your life in any respect, you must eradicate all negative relationships. Remember: God cannot condone any yoking together, fellowship, communion, accord, or agreement between ungodly and you *(2 Cor. 6:14-18; Jas. 4:4)*. Stop having 'fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them' *(Eph. 5:11).* Then, you will be pleasing our holy Father in heaven.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me to put a total stop to all forms of relationship that can put my life in jeopardy.
2. Lord, sharpen my sensitivity to know the harmful/dangerous people around me, and help me to wisely do away with them, the way You want.
3. Lord, help our young ones to carefully choose friends that would help their relationship with You in all aspects of their lives.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 8 & 1 Corinthians 12*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:56am On May 22, 2020

*Friday, May 22, 2020*

*International Day for Biological Diversity*

*JOSEPH'S JUNGLES OF LIFE*

*Read Genesis 41:25-43*

*MEMORISE*
*And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you overall the land of Egypt" (Genesis 41:41)*

*EXPOSITION*
Joseph the dreamer is a popular figure in the Bible, for his unprecedented exploits. As an astute administrator, proficient manager and resourceful Chieftain of Egypt, you would want to doff your cap for him. However, you should not be oblivions of his thorny long walk/work to the top.
*PIT*(Gen. 37:19-24). He was thrown into a pit, or a well without water, to be precise. God never allowed Joseph to die in that pit’ What makes you think you will not survive your own pit experience? (cf. Job 19:25-28) You will, so that the victory now would empower you for the next one.
*POTIPHAR'S PLACE* (Gen. 39:5-9). Having been sold out, Joseph found himself at the Potiphar's, Pharaoh's top official. He served with integrity and dignity, there. Yet, his long walk continued.
*PRISON* (Gen.39:20-23). Next after Potiphar's place was the prison experience. How? Serving with integrity didn't make imprisonment avoidable. Unbelievable? Don't worry when your good deeds and intentions are misconstrued, even getting you in trouble (1 Pet. 3:14). When you are in prison on God's course, God is also in prison. You know what that means? Ask Paul and Silas how He shook the prison on their behalf (Acts 16:16ff).
*PALACE* (Gen.41:13-15). Eventually, the long and tortuous walk to the top ended. Yours will not be an exemption. Just keep walking and working in integrity of your heart. You will soon be invited to the palace of your life.
*PRIME MINISTER* (Gen. 41:37-44). Yesterday slave boy, a prisoner; an alien in Egypt, now the prime minister (v. 44). Your serial trials and temptations will soon result in total triumph, if you faint not (cf. Rom. 8:18).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. I receive the grace, to survive my wilderness experiences, in Jesus' name.
2. I refuse to die in the pit, varnish in Potiphar's place, or crash in prison, as You take me up to the palace You have prepared for me as the prime minister, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray that God should cause to stand back on their feet, those the devil has knocked down with their prevailing circumstances.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 9 - 10 & 1 Corinthians 13*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:54am On May 24, 2020

*Saturday, May 23, 2020*

*GOD'S KINDNESS*

*Read Titus 3:3-8*

*MEMORISE*
*Then the king said, “Is there not still someone of the house of Saul, to whom, I may show the kindness of God?“ (2 Samuel 9:3)*

*EXPOSITION*
Kindness is more than just loving people. It is loving people more than they deserve, that is, ’going the extra mile'. It is grace put into action. Titus 3:3-6 describes God's kindness to man. Verse 3 describes man as foolish, disobedient, serving various lusts and pleasures. . . hateful and hating one another. *But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, its not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit* (verse 4-5). God's kindness therefore refers to God’s goodness in action. It is God's goodness expressed in deeds of kindness towards man. It is God's goodness prompted in
grace and tenderness and compassion.
The kindness that King David showed to Mephibosheth, and the events revealed in the story of 2 Samuel 9, are a type, or picture of God's kindness, or God’s "goodness in action" towards mankind. Most kings in David's days tried to wipe out the
families of their rivals or predecessors, most especially, those they don't like, because they've done them some bad things, in order to prevent any descendants of such from seeking the throne. But David showed kindness to
Mephibosheth, a descendant of King Saul, his arch-rival, who sought his life till his (Saul's) death.
Man's disobedience and sin did not hinder the flow of God's goodness (Neh. 9:17; Rom. 5:cool. Paul in Titus 3:3-8, summarised what Christ does for us when He saved us. We moved from a life full of sin to one where we are led by God's Spirit. All our sins are washed away. We gain eternal life with all its treasures. All these are through God's kindness. He therefore admonished those that believe in God to be careful to maintain good works.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, grant me the grace to show Your kindness to people around me.
2. Father, give me the spirit of humility to forgive those who do me evil, even as You forgive me my sins.
3. Lord, give our leaders, spiritual and political, the heart of humility to show Your kindness to those under them.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 11 &1 Corinthians 14*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:54am On May 24, 2020

*Sunday, May 24, 2020*

*THE DAY OF THE LORD*

*Read Zechariah 14:1-9*

*MEMORISE*
*The great day of the Lord is near; it is near and hastens quickly. The noise of the day of the Lord is bitter; there the mighty men shall cry out (Zephaniah 1:14)*

*EXPOSITION*
The wedding is a special day for both the bride and groom. The bride especially idolises this day!
She calls it "her day". She wants to have' her way’ through-out the day! Even when she is going into excesses, she still believes the day is given to her to do all that please her! Although God has
graciously given to all and sundry, many days, which are meant for everyone to repent and do His will (Psa. 90:12). He has however reserved a day, which is Day of days for Himself alone! (2 Pet.
3:10). On the Lord's Day, it is no longer "my wedding day", "my birthday" "my anniversary day", "my
town's day",...etc. It is exclusively the Lord's day. What will happen on this extraordinary day makes it special and different from all other days (2 Pet. 3:12). It is a day of calamities, terrors, wailing, punishment and mourning for sinners, yet, also a day of joy, peace and reward for the saints (1 Thess. 5:9). It is now a matter of choice: which one will you prefer? (Jos. 24:15-16). It is no exaggeration. The Day of the Lord is going to be terrible for the wicked! Now people have strong' men to run to for safety from EFCC, NDLEA, ICPC, and other anti-corruption agencies. But nothing like this on that day! Wanting to commit suicide that day will no longer be possible! It will be so terrible that the wicked will wish to be swallowed alive by the earth in order to escape the calamities that God would rain down (Lk. 21:25-26). However, all these are avoidable, if you accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, and begin to live a godly life (2 Pet. 3:11).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, help me to live my life the way you want it, so that I won’t end up regretting on the last Day.
2. Lord, I refuse to experience the horror of the Day of the Lord.
3. Lord, restore heaven-consciousness in the heart of our revivalists as they go about conducting programmes in our churches.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY*
*1 Kings 12 -13 & 1 Corinthians 15*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 1:10am On May 25, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, May 25, 2020 - _African Liberation Day_*

*TOPIC: EXILED, BUT NOT IN BONDAGE*

*Read Job 32:1-5*
*MEMORISE: _Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him_ (Job 13:15)*

*EXPOSITION*
Many believers who go the wrong way today, have attributed their waywardness and inconsistencies to the environment they found themselves. While this may be a factor to misbehave, we have an inbuilt (God-deposited) capacity to resist all efforts to yield to temptations. The three Hebrew friends were part of the exiles taken from Jerusalem to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar. Though they found themselves in a strange land with strange gods and ways of life, they refused to behave strangely, from the point of view of God's Word (instructions) that they had obviously learnt from childhood. They refused to jettison the ancient landmark set by their parents, back at home. They were not in bondage under the guise of any vain religion, and so refused to bow to any image, regardless of the grave consequences that were read to them. The king's threat and the fiery fire meant nothing to them. They knew whatever they did or said in the course of their duties were not to man but to God. Remember Joseph, when he was faced with sin, did not refuse to dance to the seducer's tune, just because of his master, alone, but majorly, that God may not be angry with him *(Gen. 39:9)*. He was a slave but not ENSLAVED!

There is an eye watching you that you cannot see. Without being rude, believers must do their jobs everywhere with all diligence, without compromise, fear or intimidation of any sort. Children of God must be courageous, and trust God, even in hardest situations. Do you know you are God's representative where you work, school, or catch fun? The God and His Word you fail to defend today, will fail to defend you, when you fall. Act for God where necessary and talk where necessary; the King of kings is watching you. But do this with, and in God's wisdom and provisions readily available in His Word.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me never to yield to temptations, again.
2. Father, please help our youths in higher institutions not to be driven away by the tides of ungodliness in their environments.
3. O Lord, help us and our leaders to know always that Your eyes are watching us, even in the darkest of places, so that we would not compromise Your standard in any areas of our lives.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 14 - 15, 1 Corin. 16 & 2 Corin. 1*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:08am On May 31, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, May 26, 2020*

*TOPIC: PRECIOUS, BUT FRAGILE!*

*Read Mark 10:13-16*
*MEMORISE: _And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them_ (Mark 10:16)*

*EXPOSITION*
Our Lord Jesus Christ did not hide His love and passion for children. It was (and it is) obvious that He loves them dearly. Children are precious in the sight of God, and they should be seen as such. How would you handle anything precious to you? Despite the fact that your gold and silver are precious because they are priceless *(Psa. 127:3).*

We must care for children at home, church, school, and the entire society. Any home, church, school or nation that neglects the little ones, toys with their future *(Prov. 22:6).* Children, who are uncared for, become menace and miscreants to posterity! They become terrors and threats to the peace of the society! You, as an individual parent, teacher (school or church) or any other handler directly dealing with children, must play your role towards raising future generation that will glorify God *(Matt. 19:4).* You should sow good and enduring seeds in these ones because you will reap whatever you sow *(Gal. 6:7).*

There had been teachers who trained their pupils well while in school, only for those children to come and pay them back, handsomely, in various forms. What if they had sown evil seeds in them? May be one of those would have become a notorious criminal, who would be hunting the society! The little ones are so precious as well as fragile. Don't let any evil through you, or under your watch, be planted in these dear ones, God helping you. Pastors and parents - please learn from the parents of Moses and Samuel.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. My children (biologically and spiritually) shall not become sources of sorrow to me, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, I refuse to be an agent of future destroyers in the lives of the little ones.
3. Pray for nursing mothers, for the divine grace to properly take care of their babies.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 16 - 17 & 2 Corinthians 2*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:08am On May 31, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - _Children's Day (Nigeria)_*

*TOPIC: DO YOU CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN?*

*Read 2 Samuel 13:6*
*MEMORISE: _Then Amnon lay down and pretended to be ill; and when the king came to see him, Amnon said to the king_ (2 Samuel 13:6a)*

*EXPOSITION*
Our focus, today, is not Amnon's misdemeanour but David's disposition, despite being ignorant of the situation. Whether Amnon was actually sick or he feigned it is not the issue here. The challenge here is that a whole king of David's status still created time to visit his 'sick' son. This is a sign of true love, care and concern for his family members, especially the children.

We can agree that was his practice. He actually went to see the boy, not sending any of his emissaries to do that for him. A king? As a king, he would have had a lot of things to attend to, officially and unofficially, among his subjects. Wasn't that his calling as a king and leader of God's people? Wasn't he doing the right thing? More than that, we have a great lesson to learn from his attitude to this 'sick' boy - concern for and interest in one's home/family. What of the man who always pushed all matters to the mother *(2 Kg. 4:8ff)*

Do you take interest in little things (details) about your children - school, place of worship, friends, hostel, marriage, etc.? Abraham was interested in Isaac's marriage, despite his own old age that could have been an excuse not to do so *(Gen. 24:1ff).* How many pastors make it a habit to visit the children church, interact with, pray for them, and see to their welfare, from time to time? No wonder we do have disasters in several homes and churches. Eli and his wife, most likely didn't have time for that with their children. Same with Prophet Samuel. Hope that isn't true of you. Show interest in your children's welfare, now, lest the devil subtly takes over, God forbid!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Ask God for forgiveness at those junctions that you have not shown any, or sufficient interest in things that have to do with your children.
2. Holy Spirit, give me the right passion for my children so that I will not destroy my future, knowingly or unknowingly.
3. Pray that God should come to the aid of children who are being abused in one way or the other.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 18 - 19 & 2 Corinthians 3*

*Remain blessed!*
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, May 28, 2020*

*TOPIC: MODEL FOR SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING*

*Read Philippians 3:12-16*
*MEMORISE: _Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus_ (Philippians 3:13-14)*

*EXPOSITION*
Paul sees himself as a runner in a race, exerting all his strength and pressing on with intense concentration, in order not to fall short of the goal that Christ has set for his life. He had received a glimpse of the glory of heaven and had resolved that his whole life, by the grace of God, would be centred on his determination to press on and someday get to heaven and see Christ face to face *(2 Cor. 12:4; 2 Tim. 4:cool.* Such determination is necessary for all Christians who wish to make heaven.

Paul in this passage reveals the secret for successful Christian living: He first took inventory of his life to discern what could hinder him. He had to let go of all those things he once cherished, considering them distractions to the race. Successful Christian living begins with identifying those things that can hinder or distract us.

He determined to pursue the prize of his call with the single-mindedness of an athlete, forgetting the past and looking forward to things that lie ahead. Don't dwell on your past. Instead, grow in the knowledge of God by concentrating on your relationship with Him, now.

To be a successful Christian, we should not allow anything to take our eyes away from our goal *(Col. 3:1ff; Heb. 12:2).* We must lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that may distract us from reaching our goal.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, the grace to exert all my strength in pursuing the goal set before me, grant me, in Jesus' name.
2. Father, give me the grace to let go of all things that can hinder me in making heaven.
3. Pray for our children in schools - primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions - that God should help them to stop being fascinated by ungodly worldly attractions.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 20 - 21 & 2 Corinthians 4*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On May 31, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, May 29, 2020 - _International Day of UN Peacekeepers_*

*TOPIC: WHY THE WORLD LACKS PEACE*

*Read John 3:12-21*
*MEMORISE: _And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil_ (John 3:19)*

*EXPOSITION*
This day internationally earmarked to celebrate UN peacekeepers is a good time to see from the perspective of God, why peace has been lacking in the world. May God open our eyes. Amen.

Absence of war, terrorism and other forms of insecurity do not necessarily mean the presence of peace, according to experts' opinion. Peace is relative term. In the spiritual perspective, no peace, without Christ. This is to say that if God is not somewhere, peace cannot be there! No wonder, there cannot be peace for the wicked (godless, ungodly) *(Isa. 48:22; 57:21). God is our peace (Eph. 2:14)*, and His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, is The Prince of Peace *(Isa. 9:6).*

Obviously, this world is devoid of true peace in all spheres: economy, religion, politics and education, just to mention a few. Every nation of the world gets its own share of the turmoil rocking the world, economically, religiously and politically. Bloodshed has become so rampant. Graphics of gruesome murders are no surprises to us any longer! There is a reason for this, since the world has consistently rejected the Prince of Peace, Himself, (our Lord Jesus Christ), it has no choice than to make do with forgetting about anything that has to do with true peace *(cf. Isa. 48:22).*

In the real sense, if you are not at peace with God (not reconciled to Him), you cannot have the peace of God *(Rom. 5:1).* The Prince of Peace came to the world, but He was rejected by those of the world *(Jn. 1:10).* He brought light, but people prefer darkness *(Jn. 3:19)* He opened His arms, but nobody looked to His merciful side. So, peace, evading our world, is justified *(Isa. 59:cool!*

You can receive true lasting peace in your life, today, if you reconcile with your Creator, through our Lord Jesus Christ (Isa. 26:3). Then, immediately begin to share the message of Peace (Jesus) with others *(Jn. 4:28-30)*. You can't imagine the blessings that will follow.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O God of Peace, speak Your Peace to the raging storms in my life, marriage, ministry and career, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, I rededicate my all to You; let Your peace permeate every aspect of my life.
3. O God of Peace, crush the agents of opposition against Your programme and Church and put them under the feet of Your people in the land, according to Your Word *(Rom. 16:20).*

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Kings 22 & 2 Corinthians 5*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On May 31, 2020

*Saturday, May 30,2020*

*BEAUTIFUL, BUT STINKING*

*Read Matthew 23:25-28*

*MEMORISE*
*Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness (Matthew 23:28)*

*EXPOSITION*
As human beings, we easily fall into the temptation of judging by outward appearances. On many
occasions, we quickly jump into conclusion about who a person is by merely looking at how he or she appears to us, with no consideration of what lies inside of the person (cf. 1 Sam. 16:7). Many
Christians today care more about their outward looks than their inward living. However, God expects the Christian life to be lived from inside out, and not otherwise (Matt. 15:11 -18).
"Placing more value on outward living than the inward beauty is an act of hypocrisy (Matt. 23:26), i. e. claiming to be before people, what is not in alignment with the condition of your heart. This is what Jesus condemned the Pharisees of His days for. They looked like saints on the outside, but
beneath their skins, they were the devil's children. They were like whitewashed tombs that appear beautiful outwardly, but are full of stinking things inside (v. 27).
The truth of the matter is that our local churches are full of modern-day Pharisees. Are you not one of them? Pharisees are people who say and teach people what they themselves cannot do
(Matt. 23:3). They appear like saints before others, but their hearts are full of defilement. They are
saints in the church, Angels on the street, but Devils at home (S. A. D.). Pharisees dress like 'SU', but have corrupted their temples with the sin of fornication. Jesus is still the same today (Heb. 13:cool. He is still angry with Pharisaic elements. If you are one
among them, make a U-turn today before it is too late.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. I stand against the spirit of self-deception in me, in Jesus' name.
2. I determine to live my life to please You, O Lord, and not to impress people; please, help my resolve.
3. Lord, save Your Church, including both the leadership and membership, from
hypocrisy and lawlessness rampant among us, today.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 1 - 3 & 2 Corinthians 6*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:10am On May 31, 2020

*Sunday, May 31, 2020*

*World No-Tobacco Day*

*FREEDOM BY THE LORD'S SPIRIT*

*Read 2 Corinthians 3:12-17*

*MEMORISE*
*Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17)*

*EXPOSITION*
Freedom is a basic human desire. Everyone craves freedom. Someone jokingly said, ‘Absolute freedom is being able to do what pleases You without considering anyone except your spouse
and your kids, the company and the boss, neighbours and friends the police and the government, the doctor and the church." In a human society, chaos ensues if we consider our own interests
alone. Laws are necessary to guarantee freedom. This is also true with the spiritual law of God (Psa 119:44-45)
The freedom which comes by the Spirit of the Lord is, first and foremost, liberation from the condemnation of, and slavery to sin and the whole dominion of Satan (Rom. 8:1-2; 2 Cor. 3:7-9).
True freedom begins with the believer's union with Christ, and his receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 4:12; Eph. 1:7). Freedom from spiritual bondage is maintained through the Holy Spirit's continued
indwelling and believer's obedience to His direction (Gal. 5:18). For instance, only the power of God through salvation and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit can deliver those addicted to tobacco.
Freedom provided by the Spirit of the Lord is not a freedom for the believer to do what he wants but to do what he should (Rom. 6:18-23; 1 Cor.10:23-24). It must not be used as a rationale for evil or conflict (Jas. 4:1 -2; 1 Pet. 2:16-23).
Christian freedom liberates believers for service to God and fellow humans in the way of righteousness (Rom. 6:18; 1 Cor. 9:19; 1 Thess. 1:9) We are now Christ's servants, living by the grace of God (Rom. 1:1; 5:21).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, let Your Holy Spirit liberate me from the condemnation and slavery of sin,
and the dominion Satan, in Jesus name.
2. Father, grant all our youths freedom from the spiritual bondages of cultism, prostitution, pre and extra-marital sexual relationships, and other social vices, in Jesus name.
3. Holy Spirit, set all our leaders, spiritual and political, free from every form of the
bondage of greed and self-centeredness negatively affecting their leadership, in
Jesus' name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 4-5 & 2 Corinthians 7 - 8*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:37am On Jun 01, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, June 1, 2020 - _Global Day of Parents_*

*TOPIC: THE BEAUTY OF OLD AGE*

*Read Psalms 71:16-18*
*MEMORISE: _The glory of young men is their strength, and the splendor of old men is their gray head_ (Proverbs 20:29)*

*EXPOSITION*
According to our memory verse, the beauty (splendour) of old men is their gray head. The phrase, gray head, connotes wisdom and experience. Long life helps the aged people to accumulate more wisdom and experiences. When they talk, their expressions are full of experience. Their experiences, both positive and negative, help them to grow in wisdom and prepare them to help the upcoming generations. May God help us too to fulfil our days, in the land of living. Amen.

Why do we need to celebrate old age? We should, in order to appreciate God's faithfulness to His words: 'With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation' *(Psa. 91:16).* Therefore, if God gives a person special grace to witness old age, there is nothing bad in celebrating it with the intention of appreciating God for His faithfulness.

There are challenges of old age we need to take a critical look at, as stated by the Psalmist: 'Now also when I am old and gray headed, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come' *(Psa. 71:18).* It behoves the people of old age to use this stage of their lives to mentor the young ones on the importance of relying on God's strength for their successes in life. They should also take up the challenge to teach the new generation to learn how important it is to know God from their youth. They need to share their experiences, where they got it right as well as where they missed it. Happy old age celebration to you, sir/ma, if you are among the elderly!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Grant me grace, O Lord, to fulfil my days here on earth.
2. Lord, help me to live my life well, now, to reap good things in my old age.
3. Lord, help our aged ones to remain in and with you till the end of their earthly sojourn.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 6 - 7 & 2 Corinthians 9*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 6:12am On Jun 02, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, June 2, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE POWER OF GOD (I)*

*Read Ephesians 1:18-22*
*MEMORISE: _And what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power_ (Ephesians 1:19)*

*EXPOSITION*
Power has been defined as the ability to do work. From its Greek origin, it means force, specifically miraculous power, ability, might. No time do believers need power more than now, and that, not for fun or frivolities. We need power to proclaim the works of God on the earth and to dismantle what the devil is doing in the lives of people, especially when he tried to close the heart of people against God and the gospel. God's power is meant for witnessing and doing exploits for God's Kingdom.

What do people use their God-given powers for, today? Some use their anointing to curse those who offend them, at least, to show that they are true men of God. Some use their own graces to commit immortality and defile the body of Christ. What about those prosperity preachers, who would stop at nothing to enrich themselves at every given opportunity to minister? Know that you shall give an account of your dealings.

Paul's prayer for the Ephesian Christians, and by extension all believers, is that 'the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints...' *(Eph. 1:18).* 'Understanding' implies knowledge, which itself, is power. Knowing something makes you master of it. Paul knew the power provided for believers in Christ Jesus, and wanted to avail them of this assurance. The coming of the Holy Spirit (our guarantee when we believe in Jesus) brings power. The Holy Spirit and power is available to you when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Do you believe?

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, fill me with Your Holy Spirit and power
2. Lord, let the Church continue to manifest Your power, to be more effective in soul winning, as we trample on the devil's work.
3. Pray that God should render the operations of terrorists, kidnappers, ritual killers, etc., totally unsuccessful, henceforth. No more business for them.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 8 - 9 & 2 Corinthians 10*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On Jun 03, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Wednesday, June 3, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE POWER OF GOD (II)*

*Read Romans 8:1-11*
*MEMORISE: _And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit_ (Ephesians 5:18)*

*EXPOSITION*
God strongly manifested His power and authority in creation. Whenever God says, 'Let there be...', something worthwhile springs up and continues existing. That power hasn't faded away. It is working now as it did ages past, and would continue to be in operation. God's power shall work for you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

The Bible says, '...if the spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you' *(Rom. 8:11)*. The Spirit talked about is the power of God. He is the brain behind the works of God. Without the Spirit, no believer can be effective. In fact, it is what makes you a believer and relevant in God's purpose. Your knowledge of God is made possible by the Spirit's working in you.

Pharaoh did not know God and His power, hence his query, 'Who is the Lord, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go?' *(Exo. 5:2)* He eventually learnt who God is, in the hard way. What shows that you have God's power is that you will be quickened to live a fulfilled life, to the glory of God, and betterment of humanity. Here are what God's great power does for true believers:

Creativity: the power of God sets creativity and innovation rolling in you, such that things that were not, would be brought to be in and through you.

Quickening: you will be assisted, powerfully, to do what you can't ordinarily do (that is, prompting).

Witnessing: you will be enabled to bear witness to (talking about) God, heartily. Stephen continued to talk about God, even at death.
Fighting and conquering: God's might strengthens and enables you to resist and subdue the devil in life's combat. You are more than a conqueror.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, I need Your power and grace to fulfil Your will for my life.
2. Lord, help me to always acknowledge, appreciate and accommodate You and Your exceedingly great power.
3. Lord, deliver Your Church and its leadership from corruption and arbitrary use of power.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 10 - 11 & 2 Corinthians 11*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 2:55am On Jun 04, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, June 4, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE POWER OF GOD (III)*

*Read 2 Kings 2:1-14*
*MEMORISE: _But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the eart_ (Acts 1:cool*

*EXPOSITION*
Elijah told Elisha that what the latter demanded of him was difficult, though attainable. Yes, possessing the power of God isn't an easy task. The men of old received and used it to the glory of God. Moses became so greatly empowered by God and could boldly stand before the mighty Pharaoh, causing trouble for the latter's rule, by the power of God. You can't become powerful in God and not trouble the kingdom of the devil. Check believers who take it easy on the devil and sin. It is either they are timid or have something in common with devil.

Who empowers and is fuelling you? By the power of God, Elijah rooted the Prophets of Baal, and showed God to be the true God in his time. God needs those children of His who would cause Him to be known everywhere. The three Hebrews defied the great King Nebuchadnezzar's godless order; yet they lived, because they were connected to the supernatural power that controls natural phenomena - fire, water, land, sun, rain, sea, etc. Remember, Joshua caused the sun to stop, so as to finish the enemies of God. The list of men and women who demonstrated God's power in their time cannot be exhausted *(read Hebrews 11).*

This is your time. God is banking on you to demonstrate His great power. Don't fail Him, because the likes of Stephen and the Apostles did their best in their time. If Leah Sharibu proved her God in the den of Islamic terrorists, you can do more to the world that Christ with His power is worth more than anything achievable here on earth. God will help you.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Help me, O Lord, to concentrate more on and dwell in Your power.
2. Father, punitively expose those so called ministers of God who cooperate with the devil to perpetrate evil.
3. Lord, help us to know Your power, the more, and be ready to demonstrate it to the whole world, not minding the prevailing circumstances.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 12 - 14 & 2 Corinthians 12*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:42am On Jun 06, 2020
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*Friday, June 5, 2020.*

*WORLD ENVIRONMENTAL DAY*

*WHEN TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE*

*Read Ecclesiastes 4:9-12*

*MEMORISE*
*Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? (Amos 3:3)*

*EXPOSITION*
Solomon, admonishes children not to be enticed by sinners: *My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent. If they say, “Come with us, let us lie in wait to shed blood; let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause; let us swallow them alive like Sheol, and whole, like those who go down to the Pit; we shall find all kinds of precious possessions, we shall fill our houses with spoil; Cast in your lot among us, let us all have one purse” My son, do not walk in the way with them, keep your foot from their path; For their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood* (Prov. 1:10-16). He had seen that two could stand together to perpetrate evil. Ananias and Saphirah joined themselves in an evil matter as they sold their property and kept part of the proceeds, to deceive the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:1ff).
In the same vein, two can be together, but yet divided. There are couples who though joined in holy matrimony, live in the same house, yet live like cat and mouse, incommunicado, out of love. The two who are better than one are the two who are like one – likeminded people, who dwell in love, and hence, in God.
God called David a man after His own heart on this year’s World Environment Day, remember that the two who are one will affect not only themselves, but their environment. The aroma of their love will be enjoyed by close associates and even their enemies. The woman of Shunem and her husband joined to welcome the man of God into their home (2 Kgs. 4:8-10). Priscilla and Acquilla hosted Paul (Acts 18:1ff).
Who are you in your church: builder or a bulldozer? Are Christians in each region, country or continent not divided, though they meet together on regular basis? Jesus told His disciples, *Not everyone who says to Me ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven* (Matt. 7:21). While other friends may fail you or even land you in trouble, Jesus will not. So, link up with Him, today.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, deliver me from every unfriendly friend that can alter my destiny negatively.
2. Lord, help my family to be united with one another and with You.
3. Pray for homes that are not experiencing peace yet, though they claim to be Christians, that God should equip them with His love and peace.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 15 - 16 & 2 Corinthians 13 & Gal. 1*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:43am On Jun 06, 2020

*Saturday, June 6, 2020.*

*STAY ALERT!*

*Read 1 Peter 5:7-11*

*MEMORISE*
*You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober (1 Thessalonians 5:5-6)*

*EXPOSITION*
The situation of the world at this end time requires everyone to be fully alert, conscious of the environment and sensitive to everything, for anything can happen at any time. Great leaders of Bible times passed through trials and persecutions, and so instructed and warned all would-be believers to be expectant, as they will also have a taste of these. Jesus, when He was laying this charge, concluded He has overcome the world and this is our victory as His followers (Jn. 16:33). As such, we are to be glad, because these trials make us partners with Him (1 Pet. 4:13).
Jesus is not like your employer in the office, who will use and dump you when fortune comes. If you share in His sufferings, you will also share in His glory. Don’t mind the Devil when he comes to you in your time of despair to tell you God doesn’t love or care for you. He comes in a subtle way to drop destructive suggestions or ideas into your heart, just as he did to Jesus but woefully failed (Matt. 4:1-11). Whatever you are troubled, God has promised He will never forsake you (Psa. 9:10). Your staying alert will get you ready to stand and keep you going for the Lord (1 Cor. 10:13). All that we are witnessing today have been experienced by people of the past, and God has always helped His faithful and steadfast people to overcome such challenges. God’s Word is irrevocable. Stand and stay in the faith till He comes to wipe away your tears and reward you accordingly. He can never be an usurper (Gal. 6:7; Rev. 22:12).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, prepare me for the inevitable trials I must face for Your sake.
2. Father, don’t allow temptations to overcome me as I eagerly await Your second coming.
3. Lord, help our preachers/teachers to disseminate the authentic Word of God that strengthens people’s faith in times of trials/challenges.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 17 & Galatians 2*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On Jun 08, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Sunday, June 7, 2020*

*TOPIC: THE BLOOD OF OUR FATHERS*

*Read Hebrews 7:9-10*
*MEMORISE: _Then those of Israelite lineage separated themselves from all foreigners; and they stood and confessed their sins and the iniquities of their fathers_ (Nehemiah 9:2)*

*EXPOSITION*
No man is independent of himself. We are all born by some people. Jesus Himself had a lineage and He behaved as one having a root, when He was circumcised on the eighth day. It is common and normal for one to act like his father or mother, because they share the same blood. But it depends on the individual to share the totality of his parents' blood or not. Sometimes, some people are called 'carbon copies' of their parents, because the facial and innate characteristics are just too identical. Who are your parents? God will deal with each person according to his or her actions and not necessarily who his parents were. So, what do you do to the bad blood in your lineage? Purge it out of your system, like David prayed to God, 'Behold I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me ...purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean: wash me and I shall be whiter than snow' *(Psa. 51:5-7).*

You can confess the sins of your parents, and decide not to continue in them *(Neh. 9:2; Jer. 14:20).* God will deal with each person according to his or her actions *(Jer. 31:29-30; Gal. 6:7, cool.* If there are positive characters to emulate from your parents, please do. Pastors are thus enjoined to pay tithe and other obligations to God as inherited from Abraham. But must Jacob continue in the deception of Isaac and Abraham *(Gen. 20:12; 26:7)?* Must Absalom continue in the adultery of David?

What are they known for in your generation? Anger, lust, lie, sickness, untimely death, etc.? You must renounce and abjure these and get total victory in Jesus Christ, today. Put Christ on, having acknowledged and repented of your sins, and received cleansing, through Christ's blood *(Rom. 13:14).* Believers in Christ must emulate godly biblical characters and be more like Christ than any human, no matter how 'powerful'. You are cleaned, washed and sanctified in, and by Jesus' blood *(1 Cor. 6:11).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, purge me out of the evil blood of my generation that hinders my relationship with You.
2. Oh Lord, eject in my body the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ.
3. Father, put a total end to the nefarious activities of blood suckers in this nation.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 18 - 19 & Galatians 3*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:09am On Jun 08, 2020

*Monday, June 8, 2020.*

*WORLD OCEANS DAY*

*JESUS GIVES QUALITY*

*Read John 2:1-11*

*MEMORISE*
*And he said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!” (John 2:10)*

*EXPOSITION*
During His earthly ministry, Jesus did many miracles, but John, the apostle, recorded only seven that are regarded as “signs”, and they are evidential in nature. They are there to picture for us today that this man, Jesus, is the Messiah, the Son of God, and God-incarnate (20:30-31). These seven signs reveal different manifestations of the power of our Lord Jesus Christ and teach us to solely rely on His power for our living.
The first sign is His power to give quality things (i.e. the best), as it happened in the wedding in Cana of Galilee (Jn. 2:11), where Jesus changed ordinarily water to wine, and quality wine, for that matter. Luckily to the bridegroom, he invited Jesus to his wedding ceremony that day. The wine Jesus made out of water was superior to the one they had earlier been drinking, that got exhausted. Scarcely had the master of the feast tasted the wine that he asked the bridegroom where he got the quality wine from. In fact, he was accusing the bridegroom of being miserly with the quality wine he thought the latter had deliberately reserved till the end of the programme. The changing of water into wine reveals Jesus’ power over quality (2:9-10). This is relevant on a day the world over sets aside to discuss ocean-related matters.
Anything that is quality gives no room for reproach from people. If it is quality, it is God’s. If it is quality, it is second to none. If it quality, it is lasting. If it is quality, it cannot be compared with others. It is the Lord who gives quality (the best) things (James 1:17). Therefore, whatever you ask God for, believe that He would give you His best, but in His own time and way. If He can produce quality wine from ordinary water, there is nothing you need that He cannot produce the quality for you.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me to believe in You for quality.
2. I pray for quality miracle and blessings to be my own portion, in Jesus’ name.
3. As you did in the wedding in Cana, O Lord, do quality things in Your Church that the people of the world cannot reproach.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 20 - 22 & Galatians 4*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:34am On Jun 09, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Tuesday, June 9, 2020*

*TOPIC: SELFISH AMBITION*

*Read Philippians 2:1-3*
*MEMORISE: _Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself_ (Philippians 2:3)*

*EXPOSITION*
Ambition is that "intense drive for success or power; a desire to achieve honour, wealth or fame." To be ambitious, in the worldly sense, is essentially, to be determined to have more than your neighbour. Selfish ambition can be understood as motivation to elevate oneself or put one's own interests before and above others'. Conceit means "excessive pride", or self-esteem that has no foundation in reality; an elevated and incorrect sense of value. Therefore, doing nothing out of selfish ambition or conceit means letting our actions be not motivated by selfishness, pride, or one-man ship.

Being ambitious, in and of itself, is not wrong. It's what we esteem or honour that can be a problem. The Bible teaches that we should be ambitious, yet the objective is to be accepted by Christ, not by the world. Christ teaches that to be first in His Kingdom is to become a servant *(Matt. 20:26-28; 23:11-12).*

Selfish ambition is seeking success in the things of the world, most especially at the expense or to the detriment of others, and competing with people of the world. It can ruin any family, church, or community, but genuine humility builds. Being humble involves having true perspective about ourselves and others *(Rom. 12:3)*. Considering others' interests as important as ours links us with Christ, our true example of humility, selfishness and sacrificial living. 'Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others' *(Phil. 2:4).*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, please deliver me from the spirit of over-ambition.
2. Lord Jesus, give me the spirit of humility, to consider others' interest as important as mine.
3. Pray for the spirit of selfless leadership to fall on all our leaders at home, in church, in the traditional settings, and the society at large.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 23 - 24 & Galatians 5*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 6:24am On Jun 10, 2020

*Wednesday, June 10, 2020.*

*BEWARE LEST YOU FALL*

*Read 2 Peter 3:14-18*

*MEMORISE*
*You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness being led away with the error of the wicked (2 Peter 3:17)*

*EXPOSITION*
Paul warned believers in 1 Timothy 4:1ff that in the last days some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrine of demons. Throughout the history of the church some have always refused to love sound doctrine; and as the end draws near, the situation will be growing worse. They will not endure sound doctrines. Many will profess to be Christians, gather at churches, appear to reference God, but will not tolerate Biblical demand to separate from unrighteousness.
We are therefore admonished to beware lest we fall from our own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ (2 Pet. 3:17-18). The only way to build our house so that it is not overtaken by anything that may come against it, is to build it on the rock, which Jesus Christ explained is to hear and abide by God’s Word (Matt. 7:24-25).
We should not become lazy and complacent because Christ has not yet returned. Instead, we should live in eager expectation of His coming. *Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God* (Heb.12:1b,2).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord Jesus, please uphold me with your right hand of righteousness, so that I will not fall from steadfastness.
2. Father, help me in Your mercy to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
3. Pray for children from Christian homes who have been caught in the web of cultism for any reasons, that God should restore them to Himself.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Kings 25, 1 Chronicles 1 & Galatians 6*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 3:43am On Jun 11, 2020
*THE LIVING WATER*
*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Thursday, June 11, 2020*

*TOPIC: SO THE MIGHTY CAN FALL!*

*Read 2 Samuel 1:19-27*
*MEMORISE: _So Saul established his sovereignty over Israel, and fought against all his enemies on every side, against Moab, against the people of Ammon, against Edom, against the kings of Zobah, and against the Philistines. Wherever he turned, he harassed them_ (1 Samuel 14:47)*

*EXPOSITION*
No doubt Saul was a great king and especially as the first king of Israel. He was great and mighty during his two year reign of obedience to God, over Israel. He was a good warrior who helped Israel win many battles; against the Ammonites, Amalekites, Philistines, etc. *(1 Sam. 11:1-11; 15:1-9; 13:3-4).* But why should a once mighty man fall and die so ingloriously?

Though God's anointed, Saul had made himself God's enemy by going his own way *(1 Sam. 15:22-24)*. Though, once David's master, whom he employed to relieve him of his insanity, he sought his life for many years in the wilderness, and often times wanted to take the life of his own son, Jonathan, having discovered the latter's love for David, his own perceived enemy. He was indeed paranoid. He had no integrity, for on two occasions he gave David his daughters and took them back for other men *(1 Sam. 18:17-19; 25:44).*

The mighty falls when he is left alone without support from God. All great men were great because God made them so. Let no man boast, for the Lord abhors the proud, but gives grace to the humble *(Jas. 4:6).* Disobedience is the cord between the mighty man and his fall. Ask from Adam, Samson, the young Prophet, etc. Are you puffed up by your position, educational attainments, and gifts? Be careful lest you abandon God, else your horse lands in the pit.

Many once great men and women both in Bible times and our contemporary time have been pulled down, wrecked, killed and even lost for failure to honour God in their lives. To really be who God wants us to be, let us learn our lessons from Saul and the likes, and be humble to do God's will. Be careful! May we not die shamefully, in Jesus' name. May our ends not be that of King Saul, in Jesus' name. Amen.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, help me never to lose my taste/value before You.
2. Father, help me and make me strong in every area of my weakness.
3. Pray for brethren around you whom you known have fallen or are falling away from the grace/faith, that God should restore them by His power.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Chronicles 2 & Ephesians 1*

*Remain blessed!*
Re: THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church by Funjosh(m): 4:26am On Jun 12, 2020
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE.*

*Friday, June 12, 2020*

*Democracy Day (Nigeria).*

*THE PERILS OF LEADERSHIP (I)*

*Read 1 Samuel. 8:1-5*
1. And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel.
2. Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beer-sheba.
3. And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment.
4. Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah,
5. And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

*MEMORISE: But his sons did not walk in his ways; they turned aside after dishonest gain, took bribes, and perverted justice (1Samuel. 8:3)*

*EXPOSITION*
The role leadership plays in any organization cannot be over emphasised. Where there is no leadership, anarchy is inevitable. Leadership determines many things in the lives of people in homes, communities, churches, towns, states, and countries. There are perils of leadership which everyone who occupies the position of leadership needs to do away with. The outstanding among them are:
*1. Love of Dishonest Gain:* Dishonest gain is a serious peril of leadership, especially when a leader has not conquered the spirit of greed and covetousness. This is the wrong character the sons of Samuel displayed, which disqualified them from the spiritual leadership of God's people.
*2. Bribery and Corruption:* This is a sin that is very easy to creep in to the life of the leader, especially if such a leader is a daring lover of money. God hates bribery and corruption, and He will surely punish those who get involved, either as givers or receivers (Exo. 23:8; Job. 15:34).
*3. Injustice:* This peril of leadership is common with leaders who practice tribalism, nepotism, favoritism, segregation and discrimination (Deut. 16:19; Job. 8:3; Psa. 82:3).
*4. Idolatry:* When a leader does not know the true living God. He is destined to fall (Exod. 20:3-5).
*5. When a leader becomes a terror and arrogant dealing with the people under him any how,* he/she is finished (1 Sam. 2:27-32).
If you are privileged to be above others in any position of leadership, avoid these perils of leadership, in order to escape God's judgment.

*PRAYER POINTS:*
1. Lord, give our leaders the spirit to fear You, so that they can lead well, in line with Your specifications.
2. Wherever I serve, O Lord, help me to maintain integrity from Your own perspective.
3. Pray that God should replace bad leaders in places (Churches, Communities, Nations, etc) where such leaders are recalcitrant and unrepentant.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Chronicles. 3-4 & Ephesians. 2*

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms / Christian Weapons Of Warfare (8 Powerful Weapons All Christians Must Use)! / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.